Ice Cream Cake

In A World Like Ours

In which Seulgi teaches Seventeen 

tumblr_nxxf9bYBmL1ukr039o1_500.giftumblr_nla7x8ln6g1ti8t0po2_400.gif

ft. Red Velvet Seulgi and Seventeen Wonwoo

 

 

 

1947

 

 

 

Seulgi hesitantly takes a step closer towards the unfamiliar building.

 

"Remind me why I have to do this again?" Seulgi asked lazily the day before while lounging around on the sofa, her nose stuck deep into a book. 

It was some romance novel from Yeri's endless pile.

Wendy sheepishly scratched her head from the kitchen. "I may or may not have made a bet with Vernon."  

"So what does that have to do with me?" she echoes boringly.

Wendy paused. "Uh well, I.. uh..  may or may not have lost." 

"And again, what does that have to do with me?" 

Wendy momentarily explained, and Seulgi frowned upon hearing her.

"What the hell, Wendy." She slammed her book shut (it's not that interesting anyways) and glared at the redhead. "You can't just go around making bets like that and promising boy groups that I'll teach them our choreography."

Wendy pouted. "But I already told Vernon..." 

"Why don't you teach them then?"

"Because you're a better dancer and a better teacher." 

"True, but flattery isn't going to get you anywhere." Seulgi remarked. 

"Please, Seulgi!"

"I don't even know them." 

"You know Vernon." 

Seulgi scoffed. "Barely. I don't even like the kid. He's annoying and always smiling."

"True. Should I pay you then?" Wendy offered innocently.

Seulgi instantly frowned. "Yah, what will that make me look like if you pay me? Forget it, I'm not doing it."

"But Seullgggiiiiii," Wendy began to whine. "It's Seventeen! Don't you like Seventeen? Mansae, mansae, mansae, yeah! Mansae, mansae, mansae, yeah! Mansae, mansae, mansae-"  

"Please stop." 

Wendy stopped and frowned. "... didn't you think one of them was cute? I remember you looked him up. What was his name again...? Wonho... Wonbin..." 

"Wonwoo." 

"Aha! So you do know a member besides Vernon."

Her face turned a shade of pink, and Seulgi cleared . "I only looked him up because fans think we look alike, okay?"

"Uhuh." 

Seulgi rolled her eyes. "Is it a crime for me to think someone's cute?" 

"Honestly? It's some type of miracle you think anyone's cute."

"Too bad he's younger than me, huh?" 

"Age is nothing but a number, Seul. Heyyy, if you go and teach, maybe you can get to know him and get his number? Wouldn't that be nice?" 

"Maybe." Seulgi sweetly smiled before it disappeared in a flash. "Still not gonna do it. That, and he's younger than me. Not gonna happen." 

Wendy scowled, resorting to her last offer. "Alright, alright. How about I buy you food then? Anything you want. Name it and I'll buy it for you. But you have to do me this favor so Vernon can get off my back. That kid is so freaking annoying and so freaking persistent. They're planning on performing our songs on a couple of stages, so please, Seulgi? Please, please, please! Pretty please!" 

Her glare remained but she was tempted to say the least. "Anything I want?" 

Wendy nodded almost desperately. "Anything."

Seulgi groaned, because she wasn't one to deny an offer like that. Food was life. And free food? Well that was on a whole other level. Still, she hated to think she'd have to teach a bunch of teenaged boys before she could get what she wanted. 

Looks like there was no other way around this and she ultimately sighed.  

"Fine."

 

Seulgi begins to wonder if the free food Wendy promised her is worth it. 

She thinks about it some more. 

Who is she kidding? Of course it is. Plus she's already here. Seulgi would be damned if she didn't get anything in return for dragging herself out of the comfort of her bed. 

And on her day off of all days. 

She spots a familiar rapper step out of the Pledis building and she unethusiastically lifts her hand up to wave him over. 

Spotting her, Vernon smiles and jogs over. "Hey noona!" 

Seulgi grimaces at the bright greeting. "Please don't call me that." 

"But.. you are.." he says with a puzzled look. 

"I didn't think we were close enough for you to call me that, Vernon-sshi. Just because you're close friends with Wendy doesn't mean we are," Seulgi mutters, arms crossed. 

Vernon isn't offended by her closed off attitude. In fact, he's used to it. So he clucks his tongue and just nods. "Okay, okay, sunbaenim. You're still as cold as ever I see."

"Would I be warm?" she counters with raised brows.

But Vernon simply smiles. "One can only hope." 

"Uhuh," she murmurs, walking ahead of him and towards the building entrance. 

Vernon rushes to catch up. "Soo.." he begins to break the ice as he leads her to the practice room. "The guys don't know who's coming to teach them, so the reaction might be a little.. you know. Just a warning." 

Seulgi sighs. "Great," she mutters. 

"Here we are." Vernon twists the door knob and pushes the door upon. He steps in with Seulgi following right behind him.

Upon entering, she sees a large group of boys, all whom she recognizes as the popular idol group, Seventeen, sitting down and doing their own things. Some are in small groups while others keep to themselves. And just like that, Seulgi would very much rather bother Jongin and Sehun for free food instead of going through with... this. She unconsciously takes a few tiny steps back.

"There you are," a boy notices Vernon.

Seulgi recognizes him... she thinks. He's the leader, she knows that much, but his name... it's on the tip of her tongue. He's one of the members with a weird stage name she recalls. She just forgets which one. Was it Soups? Scoops? S...Coups? 

Vernon grins. "Seungcheol hyung." 

Seulgi examines him and is somewhat relieved that Vernon mentions his real name. 

"Where's the choreographer...?" the boy, Seungcheol, asks. And then he sees her. "Oh... Oh." 

Seulgi nods (it's hardly a bow) and greets him. "Hi." 

"H-Hi." Seungcheol returns her greeting and then loudly clears his throat. "E-Everyone!" 

And as if on cue, one by one, the members of Seventeen take notice of her.

Eyes widen, a few jaws drop, and she swear someone curses and another snorts.

Seulgi shifts from all the sudden attention.

The boys instantly jump from their seats and repeatedly bow. They greet her with their Seventeen greeting, and she stands there unsure how to response. Once they're done, the room falls immediately and awkwardly silent. Seulgi meekly smiles. 

This is not worth the free food.

"Seulgi noona," Vernon says, breaking her from her thoughts. He takes a quick glance at her and she's semi-glaring at him. He chuckles and corrects himself. "I mean Seulgi sunbaenim is here to teach us the choreo to Ice Cream Cake."

The members clap, ooh-ing, ahh-ing, some hoot and holler, as Seulgi politely claps along. She meets eyes with a certain member and instantly turns her eyes elsewhere. 

"Please take care of me," she murmurs. 

Vernon ushers her towards the front of the room, and she moves. She then ties her hair up into a tight bun and shortly after smiles, because even if she's slightly uncomfortable and bothered with being around so many young boys (really there's too much testosterone), dancing brings her comfort. 

"Let's begin, shall we?" 

 

 

--

 

 

Seulgi discovers that Seventeen are all fairly good dancers. The performance team, made up of Hoshi, Dino, Jun, and The8, have quicker pick up than the others, and she was thankful that the four of them went out of their way to help teach those who were a little more on the slower side. After about an hour and a half of learning, there was a ten minute break. 

Seulgi walks out of the girls' restroom, tired and thirsty. She stops when she hears her name.

"You talk to Seulgi!" 

"No, you talk to her." 

"No, you!" 

"God, it's like you two have never seen the opposite ." 

She glances around the corner to see three members. From what she recalls.. it's Dino, DK, and Seungkwan. She thinks... she's still not sure. There are too many members for her to remember. DK is the first to spot her and he quickly jabs his elbow at the younger. 

Seulgi notes the look of panic.

Whether or not that was supposed to be subtle she didn't know. 

Dino flinches and is about to complain when he sees her as well. He awkwardly bows before shamelessly pointing at DK. "He thinks you're pretty." 

DK's eyes widen and he's about to explain himself when Dino dashes off with a cackle and the older follows him, hot in pursuit. 

Seulgi raises her brows, slightly amused. 

Seungkwan sighs dramatically, being left alone. "You see this? This is what I deal with everyday, sunbaenim." He bows and goes back inside. 

Seulgi shakes her head with a small laugh. This past hour and a half hasn't been so bad actually. Seventeen's an interesting group. Definitely talented. Funny too. 

They're teenagers alright.

Just as she's about to walk, she glances down and sees that her shoelaces are loose. Seulgi drops down and reties them. As she finishes the knot, she looks up to find an ice cold water bottle in front of her face. She continues her gaze up and recognizes the Seventeen member with monolids... just like hers. Seulgi blinks and realizes she was wrong. 

He's not cute. 

He's actually... hot. Really, really hot.

She subconsciously gulps.

Wonwoo stands there with a small smile (maybe it's a smirk). "Here." 

Seulgi takes it and stands up. "Thanks..."

"You must be tired." 

"A little bit," she replies truthfully, taking a long, needed sip of water. 

"I'm Wonwoo, by the way," he introduces but it's unnecessary. 

Seulgi knows who he is. She screws the bottle cap on and nods. "I know." 

"Wow. Why do I feel so honored all of a sudden?" he asks with a chuckle. 

Seulgi looks at him a little longer and tilts her head. "Huh." 

Wonwoo notices. "Yes...?" 

Not only is he really good looking, but he also... 

"Wow, we really do look alike," she mumbles out loud without meaning to.

Wonwoo blinks. "Excuse me?" 

Seulgi realizes that's probably a really weird thing to hear from a sunbaenim, especially one that you don't know all too well, and she clears . "I mean I uh.." Out of nervousness, she drops her water bottle in her hand and squeals from the sudden drop as a result.  

Wonwoo picks up the bottle, chuckling, and hands it back to her. "Here you go." 

"T-Thank you." She weakly smiles, more than embarassed.

Wonwoo nods and stuffs his hands into his jeans with a rare smile. He's slightly amused. "You know, you're actually kinda cute, Seulgi." 

Seulgi waits for him to elaborate but he doesn't. Instead he just walks away as she stands there like an idiot, still as ever. 

She blinks a few times and realizes that he didn't address her formally. Not as a sunbae nor a noona. She should've been offended because she was older than him by two years. It's disrespectful, but...

Her heart races. 

Shaking her head, Seulgi forces herself back to the practice room.

"Okay, let's continue," she calls out, still trying to shake off the feelings in her stomach. The boys rally around and prepare to continue to learn. Seulgi makes unintended eye contact with Wonwoo who's on the far end of the room, and even from here, she can see it. 

He's smirking (definitely smirking), and she's simply confused because damn, he's so attractive.

But there's no way she's attracted to a guy younger than her.

Is there?

Oh God, she's going to get so much from Wendy, Seulgi already knows.

 

 


xoxo, --kayotic