Chapter 27

Still the same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 27 

 

"Oppa, be careful okay?" Yeri hugs Jin as tight as she can. She had no coplaints. He hugged his sister back with the same amount of affection. "I'll be okay I promise. Mom and Dad will be with me to keep me safe." Yeri whines like a kid. "Oppa, you're treating me like a 10 year old. I'm freaking 18!" Jin could only chuckle. He cupped Yeri's face and kissed her forhead. "We'll be back." 

 

___

 

"I knew Yeri would have a harder time saying good bye to you. I feel jealous." Heechul jokes around his son. "You're jealous of your own son." Taeyeon joins in. "Its true, its like she loves you more than us." Jin sighed in defeat. "Mom, don't be like this. I promised the kid we'll win this." Taeyeon and Heechul went quiet for a moment. 

 

"Son..." Heechul began. "That is not something we're not sure of. This is war you know that." Taeyeon pats Heechul's shoulder as if saying that she'll take over. "What your father meant to say was we have to be strong for our girl, Jin. You also have to promise us that you'll be safe." Jin was about to protest but Taeyeon held his hand and looked at him in the eye. "Promise." Heechul smiles proudly. 

 

"That's our boy. Let's comeback for Yeri." 

 

___

 

3 hours before the attack, everyone was getting ready. Reinforcements and equipments are already in place. Seulgi and Wendy never spoke unless it was necessary. It was scaring Irene. The girls had this dark look on their faces. Irene understood though. The only thing she could do is do her best. 3 hours until they deploy to bundam. 3 hours until they risk their lives for the world. 3 hours until their fates are revealed but Irene wasn't scared. Not at all. 

 

Not when she has Seulgi by her side. It felt like death was just a simple thing. She felt like nothing could stop them. Everyone's mindset was to win for different reasons. Irene's reason was to win for the ones she love. The one she loved. Oh how blind she was these past years. She has to set things right this time. Little did Irene know that Seulgi's mindset was the same as her's. 

 

"Requesting Irene, Jin, Wendy, Jimin, and Krystal. Your special equipment is here." Yoona announced. They met Yoona who just arrived. "Mr. Bae and Mr. Park, already had their helms. Step forward when your name is called." Yoona called them one by one and recieved a case with their helms in it. Seulgi was amazed by the designs of the mask that almost looks like her's. 

 

"Seulgi, before I forget here's yours. I already did some repairs so its all brand new." Seulgi gave a slight bow to show her gratitude. She looks at her reflection on her helm. She holds it tighter in anger. She's taking her revenge. This is too much. She flinched when a warm hand was placed on top of her's. It was Irene's. She looked around to see that only Irene, Wendy, and herself are left. 

 

"Are you okay?" Irene asked with a voice eminent with care and affection. Seulgi could only nod and sighed. "I'm sorry." Irene was rubbing her thumb on the girls hand. "Don't be." Wendy approaches her sister. "Sis, calm down." Seulgi bit her lip. "We're not alone on this one. Now stop being like a little and get your out there." Both Irene and Seulgi looked at Wendy in shock. Normally Wendy would be the one crying while Seulgi was the stronger one. This time its the opposite. 

 

"Fine." Both sisters smiled and hugged eachother. Irene also smiled at the sight. 'Wendy's right. There's no time for being weak.' 

 

___

 

"Seunghyeon, hurry and turn the TV on." Seunghyeon did what Soohyun told when he rushed in into his office. He unintentionally clenched his teeth when he saw what's on. 

 

'I am N, the leader of the red cloud. I'm here to warn you that the end is near. Those who are with us will live but those who are against our will shall fall. I know you're comming to stop us. We'll welcome you with open arms. I'll wait.' 

 

N's smirk at the end of the broadcast pissed Seunghyeon so much but chose not to leave a comment about it. "Have the leaders arrive?" Soohyun nods. "Just a few moments ago. They are in a secret location with the prime minister." Seunghyeon hums. "Let's end this. Let's go." 

 

___

 

"Agents, today we'll decide the fate of this world. You know what to do. I'm counting on you all. May God be with us." 

 

All agents looked up to Seunghyeon as he spoke, determined as ever. Others cried, others remained blank as they listened to their director. 

 

"To victory!" 

 

___ 

 

They travelled to bundam via planes. Some military forces are already waiting for them.  They saw the airbase. Huge is an understatement. They landed a mile away from the said base. Surprisingly, no moves from the red cloud yet. Seunghyeon knows they're just waiting for them to do the first move. Its risky but they have no choice. They have to move fast. They have to execute things perfectly. 

 

___

 

"Where's your part of the deal?" N reaches out his hand to Minho. They were at the main ship's huge cockpit where the finished excalibur generator was placed. Sowon tightens her grip behind Minho. With a sigh, Minho gave his part of the deal. The detonator for the generator. Before Minho lets go of the detonator, he reminds N once again, "Remember, don't you dare hurt my dauthers." N smiled and nods. He got the detonator off from his hands. 

 

N then starts laughing. "What's so funny?" N's laughter slows down and looks at the couple with a demonic look, right eye glowing brighter than ever. It was now emitting a violet light. "Bastard..." Minho and Sowon fell unconscious and was met by the cold steel floor. "You were so gullible, Minho. Now that I have what I want, I have no need for you anymore." N looked at the gaurds and they understood. 

 

The gaurds dragged the unconscious bodies to a prisoner's room. N got the scythe and the double daggers activated. He removed a microchip from the weapons' handle. The microchip contains the sophisticated codes that will activate the generator. "Human's are so stupid to think that excalibur technology will stop wars from nations. Now its the reason for their doom." N puts the chips to the generator. Everything shaked as the generator activates. 

 

"So it begins the new age of humanity." 

 

___

 

The military and the SM agency are already on the move. Military force will make a diversion so that the agency can enter the airbase. Yoona was in charge of guiding everyone through the airbase and hacking through red cloud's system since Wendy will be going with the front lines. She's not as good as Wendy but she's good enough. 

 

The airbase is surrounded by a long wall. The plan was that the military will blow it up using tanks then everyone get's inside lead by the agency. Everyone is in position to attack and waiting for the signal. "Yoona, can you hear me.?" Seunghyeon checks through his earpiece. "Loud and clear. You may begin. Godspeed." Seunghyeon takes a deep breath. "Everyone-" Seunghyeon was cut off when the ground started shaking. A machine sort of sound came from the airbase. Seunghyeon knew it began. 

 

"Commence attack." 

 

At Seunghyeon's command, the tanks started firing the walls down. When it crashed, they were met by red cloud men. They were immediately handled by the agency lead by Irene. Some of the red cloud are just regular men that Hakyeon recuited. This what sets the red cloud and the agency. Red cloud has a bunch of untrained men. Quantity. SM has fewer but masters of combat. Quality. 

 

As they get deeper into the base, they saw three huge aircrafts. "I'll find where the generator is. In the meantime, its wiser if you split up and look for it yourselves. It might take long. While at it, damage their ships enough so that it can't fly. Don't destroy it. We also have a rescue mission." Yoona said to Seunghyeon who nods obediently. 

 

"Soohyun, Irene, I want you two to lead your group and search anywhere possible. You heard Yoona's instructions." Soohyun and Irene nods in unison. "Move." Irene and Soohyun divided everyone in the area. They did what was told. After succesfully deffending against red cloud's attacks, they started to assault the aircrafts. Its still not easy as there are still alot of red cloud spread anywhere. They even have military tanks and weapons with high tech equipments. They had their fair share of casualties. 

 

___

 

"N they're here." N smirked at Henry's news. "Bring them in. You know what to do." Henry left with the order. N went back on monitoring everything that's been happening through numerous numbers of screens showing different angles of the breaking havoc outside. 

 

___ 

 

Minho came back to his senses due to explosions and shaking of the aircraft they're in. He looks at the side to see his wife still unconscious. "Sowonah... Sowonah." Sowon stirs from her slumber. "What's happening?" Sowon noticed the shaking and the explosions. They leaned together at the wall. "It started... Our daughters are out there risking their lives." Sowon was quiet for a moment then spoke. "I told you, just trust them. They're stronger than they look." Sowon said with a smile that quickly vanished. She can't deny that she's nervous for her two daughters. 

 

___

 

The red cloud gave the military and the agency a hard time. They couldn't advance easily through their defenses. Seunghyeon, Soohyun, and Irene did everything to lead their groups well. It was easy for Irene especially with the Kang sisters and Jin's team on her group. They managed to break through everything the red cloud gave them. Although they still haven't damaged the aircraft heavily, they're holding on. 

 

Seunghyeon and Soohyun continued the assault on their assigned aircrafts when the red cloud stopped resisting. They all backed off and hid inside the aircraft. "Seunghyunah, are you watching this?" Soohyun asked through earpiece. "Yeah, that's wierd." Another static. "Director, I have found the generator. I repeat, I have found the generator. Its in the aircraft that Irene's group is  attacking." Seunghyeon looked over where Irene's group is and furrowed his brows. "What's wrong?" Soohyun asked. 

 

"They're retreating!" A soldier shouted. "Go after them! This is our chance." A general on Seunghyeon's group shouted and the soldiers followed the command. Everyone on Soohyun's group did the same. They followed the retreating red cloud to the ship. Then it hit Seunghyeon. 

 

"Call them back..."

 

"What?"

 

"I said call them-" 

 

Boom 

 

____

 

'Everyone, two of the giant aircrafts just exploded. Everyone that went after the aircrafts has been wiped out.... We still can't see any signs of movement. We'll update about the situation later, our team has to move due to dangerous situations. This is Hang Sanghyuk, reporting.' 

 

The viewers were filled with gasps and tears of the fallen men. Some were too shocked that they fainted. Suzy has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter