Chapter 26

Still the same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 26 

 

Wendy stood up from her bed, instantly feeling the pain on the side of her stomach where she had been shot. Although the pain was still present, it was much better and tolerable. Seulgi did tell her about the agency's plan of attack to stop the red cloud. She wanted to help and said she was already fine but all she got was a good scolding from her sister. Seulgi said she should rest and just trust them. 

 

But she's already made up her mind. She went to the mirror and looked at herself for a moment. She took off her black tank top with only her black sports bra and the damp bandage that's been wrapped on her stomach covering her upper body. She grabbed a scissor and cuts the bandage. She cleaned her wound which was now fully healed. She's just gonna wrap it with a fresh new bandage just in case it opens up again. 

 

She's halfway through wrapping her stomach with the spotless white bandage when Tzuyu came in with anti-biotics and a glass of water for Her.  "Unn-" Tzuyu's words never left because of the sight infront of her. A half Wendy welcomed her. She unconsciously brought her eyes down to Wendy's toned stomach and swallowed a lump down . She let out a yelp when the glass almost fell from her grip alerting Wendy of her presence. 

 

"Oh, Tzuyu. How long have you been there?" Wendy finished wrapping the bandage around her. Tzuyu felt like getting caught of doing wrong when in fact she did nothing but she nervously stuttered. "J-Just now. I...I brought medicine for you." Tzuyu was able to breath again when Wendy puts on her tank top back on. "How thoughtful of you. Thanks." Wendy drank the anti-biotics that Tzuyu brought.

 

"Unnie, you should have told me about your bandage. I would've changed it for you." Wendy chuckled. "You're so like Seulgi. I can do this myself you know." Wendy teasingly smirked at the girl who severely blushes at this. "So where are you heading, unnie? Can you handle yourself?" Tzuyu worriedly asked when she saw Wendy put on her jacket and other necessities. 

 

"Tzuyu, what's with you? I'm a fully grown woman." Tzuyu looked down on her feet. What was she thinking? Getting all too worried for the woman? Embarrassing. Not her business at all. The woman can do whatever she wants. Her train of thoughts was cut off when Wendy ruffled the younger's hair. "Don't worry too much about me. I'm fine." Tzuyu looked up to a genuine smile by Wendy. 

 

Wendy walked out of the room and Tzuyu followed. She's unsure if she should stop the woman from walking further to God knows where. "Unnie-" "Wendyah!" A familiar voice stopped the two from walking. Wendy just chuckled because she knows all too well who it was. "Hey, sis." Tzuyu turns around to see Seulgi with an unimpressed look. She walks closer with heavy steps. "I told you to rest." Wendy purposely smirked to annoy the girl. 

 

"What authority do you have over me huh?" Seulgi scoffed looking offended. "I'm older than you, brat." This earned her a flick on her forhead from Wendy. Tzuyu snorted with the interaction. "11 days doesn't count, idiot. I'm perfectly fine okay? I want to help out and there's nothing you can do about it. No one can stop me-" "I'll stop both of you brats!" The sisters felt their heart stop at the very familiar voice they have learned to fear. 

 

"M-Mom?!" 

 

Seulgi and Wendy's eyes widen in horror. Jaws wide open and frozen like a statue. Tzuyu turned arround and saw Irene with Suzy and Sowon. She immediately bowed to show respect. Irene had to fight back a laugh threatening to escape when she saw how pale Seulgi and Wendy looked at the moment. Tzuyu went to their side. Kissed Sowon and Suzy's cheeks and hugs Irene. She also had to swallow back a laugh when she saw the sisters terrified expressions. 

 

"We'll leave you guys for a moment." Suzy whispered to Sowon's ears who just nodded, eyes still fixed on her daughters. Suzy dragged dragged Tzuyu and Irene to follow her and give the three some private time. Seulgi and Wendy looked at Irene with desperation as if saying 'Save our souls, unnie'. She just sent them a wink instead. 

 

"To your father's office. Now." Sowon commanded and the two timid girls looked at each other in fear. They followed their mother with heads hung low. 

 

___

 

"Aw, mom! Have mercy on our poor ears!" 

 

The sisters whined as Sowon held both of their ears and heartlessly twisted it. The sisters have to tiptoe to atleast ease the pressure when Sowon lifted their ears a bit. 

 

"Mercy?! Do you have any idea what the both of you did?!" Sowon lets go of her daugters' ears out of pity. The two couldn't take their hands away from their cherry red ears, slightly rubbing it to ease the burning pain. "I thought you were doing great studying but the next thing I knew is that you guys went under cover, murdered criminals, you guys became agents, and now Wendy got shot?!" Sowon rapidly said and the sisters could only cower. 

 

Sowon releases a long shaky breath. "How long are you planning on keeping this from me?" Sowon asked calmly this time. "Do you even plan on telling me?" Sowon's voice  broke and it pains the sisters' hearts. "Mom, you know we have to do it. What was the training for-" "You think your father wanted this? You think he trained you for this? Is that it?" This silents Wendy. 

 

"We are at war, girls. I can't forgive myself if something happens to you. My whole world almost crashed after I knew about Wendy. I need you to stay with me." Sowon begged, a tear trickled down her face. "Mom... The world needs us. Dad needs us. If we don't do this for dad then who will? Dad is already enough reason for us to do it and if you're still against it then forgive us." Seulgi sternly said to tell Sowon that they already made up their minds and nothing is changing that. 

 

Sensing defeat, she once again releases a long breath and paused for a moment before speaking again. "Alright." The stress left the girls' faces, both shock from what they've heard. "Really?" Both asked in unison. "But in one condition." Sowon abruptly said. "You have to comeback in my arms scratchless after you save the wolrd and your dad, understood?" Instead of an answer, the sisters tackled their mom with a hug. 

 

"Promise." 

 

___

 

"There you guys are." They find the trio at the agency's cafe having snacks and coffee. Suzy stands up from her seat. "Great timing. I was about to go the director's office." Irene and Tzuyu stands up as well to give the woman a farewell. They kissed Suzy good bye. Suzy noticed Tuzyu's sulking face. "Tzuyu." Suzy called in a motherly tone. 

 

Tzuyu looks up to see Suzy's worried eyes. "Behave okay?" Tzuyu sighs in disappointment. "Yes, mom." How can she disobey her 'mom'? "We'll get going now girls." Seulgi and Wendy gave their farewells to the lady. They joined Irene and Tzuyu after and ordered for their own. After the sisters got their order, Wendy was the first to ask the sulking girl. 

 

"What was that all about, Tzuyu?" Wendy's voice was soft. Too soft that everyone took notice. This made Tzuyu smile a bit. "I just felt down when mom didn't allow me to help the attack." Wendy scoffed. "Of course, stupid. Did you really think she'll let you join? I'm glad Ms. Bae didn't allow you. It's too dangerous for kids like you." Wendy teased and this earned her a light pinch in the arm followed by a nasal whine. "Unnie~ this kid saved your life!" Wendy laughed at this and ruffled Tzuyu's hair out of habbit. 

 

Seulgi and Irene watched the two's bickering with amusement. Did something happen? They're like closer than before. Irene and Seulgi felt out of place as the two continued to talk like they're the only once in the table. "You know what? I still haven't thanked you for saving me. I'll treat you anything you want before we go. How about that?" Tzuyu's eyes widened. She immediately sat up from her seat and dragged Wendy away from the table who just allowed the girl to drag her. "Thanks, unnie!" 

 

And with that they left. Like Seulgi and Irene wasn't even there. Like they completely forgot about them. Like they didn't even exist. "Did  you notice something?" Irene asked as they stare at the fading figures. "A lot to be honest. They got more closer with eachother and the awkwardness between them..." Seulgi grimaces at the thought. "Awkwardness?" Irene asks with curiousity obvious on her tone. 

 

"I... I mean they... No- let's forget it! I know there's something happening between them I just don't know what it is." Seulgi blabbered and Irene hums understandingly. She thought of something but maybe its too early to call. She makes a mental note to ask Tzuyu sometime. A voice called to her. "Unnie." Seulgi lightly shakes Irene's arm. She must have spaced out for a bit.

 

"Yeah, you said something?" Seulgi chuckled at the woman's reaction. "I asked if you could come with me to Yoona-unnie. I'm going to give my helm to her so she could start her work." Irene nods quickly. "Sure, I'll go with you." Perhaps a little too quick that Seulgi chuckled again. "What?" Seulgi smiles. Instead of an answer she pokes Irene's nose which crunched cutely. 

 

Seulgi stands up from her seat and Irene follows. "We're going to your room first?" Irene asks as she sips the last of her drink. "No need. Its in my car. Let's go?" Irene nods. Irene didn't expect what Seulgi did next. Seulgi reached for her left hand and interlaced them. Seulgi casually leads the way with a blushing Irene following behind. Everything went silent around Irene. Her heartbeats went faster in an unhealthy manner. She's not even looking on the way. Her eyes were focused on the two hands firmly holding eachother. 

 

Seulgi abruptly stops and turns around. Irene felt her heart drop. She felt like being caught of doing something. Seulgi's brows met. "You're shaking. Are you alright?" Seulgi smoothly asks. Irene looks down afraid of showing the possible blush on her face when she felt something warm touch her forhead. She looks up to meet Seulgi's worried eyes. Then a flick to her forhead. "Ow! What the hell was that for?! I'm your unnie you know." Irene whines like a child. "You drank cold coffee when you're sick? You deserved something more than a flick." Seulgi scolded. 

 

"I'm not-" "You're burning hot and you're turning red. You say you're not sick?" Irene would've came back with 'Its because I'm just hot' 'I know I'm hot, no need to remind me' but she can't utter a single word for some reason. "I have medicine in my car. You should take it okay?" Seulgi again leads the way, never letting go of Irene's hand the whole time. Irene felt her heartbeat once again vigorously dance in her chest. 

 

What Irene didn't know was she wasn't the only one feeling this way. It took everything in Seulgi to hold Irene's hand and she knows why Irene is acting this way. She knows her effect on the woman. And she also knows the woman's effect on her. She can't show it to the woman though. She doesn't want to scare Irene off. Seulgi knows why she's feeling this way. Its inevitable so why deny the fact. 

 

The fact that she loves Irene. 

 

Its not that its not obvious. Heck everyone kinda knows the tension between the two. Seulgi is aware that her admiration for the woman never left. She never did anything with her feelings all these years because she's waiting for it to just fade away. It could be an infatuation. And she's also scared. The day she confessed to Irene about her little crush was terrifying. What more if she confessed her love. To another girl at that. 

 

Now that they'll both participate in the attack against the red cloud, Seulgi felt she needs all the time in the world with Irene. Anything could happen out there. She'll just figure something out how she'll confess in the future after everything is done. What's important is she savours the last possible moments she has with the girl. Its kind of saddening how their lives could be taken away anytime. 

 

___

 

"Are you sure about this?" Suzy worriedly ask Seunghyeon while massaging his shoulders. "You can just let the president do the talking." Seunghyeon slumps back on his seat and leans his head on Suzy. "I'm the one that declared code black. Its only right for me to talk to the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter