Chapter 22

Still the same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22 

 

"You two are under arrest." Jin announced and points his gun at Seulgi and Wendy. Irene instantly went up and stood between the two girls and Jin with arms extended in a protective manner. "Irene, move now." Jin commanded, dropping the formalities but Irene stayed put. "Put the gun down, Jin. You don't understand so please." 

 

"All I need to know is that she's the ghost and needs to be arrested. Now move." Jin stayed put as well but Krystal and Jimin still lowered their guns and looked at eachother, hesitation present in their eyes. "Jin, please. I can expla-" A tap on Irene's shoulder cut her off. It was Seulgi. "It's okay, Joohyun. We'll go with them." Seulgi smiled to Irene like nothing's wrong. 

 

"No, I can explain it to them. Just let me help you guys." Irene argued. "Thanks but I think we can manage." Wendy steps forward with both of her wrists extended to Jin. Jin got the hint and gently cuffed Wendy while muttering 'I'm sorry'. Seulgi did the same. "There's something we have to do." Seulgi said still with her bright smile. Jimin and Krystal guided them to the agency vehicle, leaving a confused Irene behind. 

 

"Noona." Jin called. Irene snapped out from her train of thoughts. "I'm sorry but I just wanna stay professional." Irene dropped her head. "No, I should be the one saying sorry. Of all people, I'm the one who's unprofessional." Irene lifts her head up when Jin puts both hands on her shoulder with a small smile on his face. 

 

"I don't believe they're criminals but at this point, all we could do is trust them." Jin left and joined the others. "Trust. Okay I'll trust them." Irene said to herself then followed. 

 

___

 

The group arrived at the agency shortly. Seulgi and Wendy will undergo in a group interogation with Seunghyeon, Soohyun, and some chiefs from the board. They entered the agency with Jimin leading the way, Jin and Irene at both sides of Seulgi and Wendy, and Krystal at the back of the group. Jin and Irene said that it's okay to remove the cuffs once inside the agency but Seulgi and Wendy insisted that they have to be fair and that they're fine with it. 

 

The group is making their way to the conference room where the interogation will be held. Only the sound of their footsteps can be heard and this is making Irene anxious. The thought of getting closer and closer makes her feel worried for the two girls. She did promise the girls that she'll help after all. She steals glances to Seulgi once in a while who's beside her. Seulgi noticed this and smiled as if to say everything is going be fine. Irene's heart ached at the sight. 

 

"We're here." Jimin announced. The group stopped infront of a wooden door. Seulgi and Wendy was about to enter but Irene stopped them. "Wait you two." They turned to Irene. Irene embraced the two for a while. "Don't worry. I promised that I'll help you guys and you can count on it." Seulgi and Wendy smiled knowing that they can trust her with all their hearts. They leaned their heads on Irene's shoulder because of the cuffs restraining them to hug Irene back. 

 

"Guys." Jin reminded and the three separated. Jimin lays his palms on the pad for scanning then the door opened revealing the director on the middle of the long table with an unreadable look on his face. Siwoon sits adjacent to the director with Soohyun on his other side. Taeyeon, Heechul, and Leeteuk sits across them. Jimin locked the door once everyone got in. Krystal uncuffed them and guided them at the center of the room. 

 

Seulgi and Wendy calmly sat down with heads low. Irene watched with worry, pity, and trust. She believes that Seulgi and Wendy came here for a reason and she trusts them with all her heart just as Seulgi and Wendy with her. 

 

'There's something we have to do.' 

 

"Kang Seulgi and Kang Seungwan," Irene gulped at the sound of the director's intimidating voice. "We have found solid evidence that you brought high-tech equipment in your school dorm that is only exclusive for agency agents, doing field work without any permission, carrying high technology weaponry without license, and wielding an excalibur weapon." Seunghyeon narrowed her eyes on his nieces. 

 

"Do you have anything to say to that?" 

 

The girls looked down at their laps, looking timid like a child being scolded. Wendy desperately hid under her long now auburn fringe and muttered a "No." Seunghyeon released a long breath. He's having a hard time believing that her two sweet nieces did such things: Seulgi being the ghost that can keep up or even out match the skills of his top field agents and Wendy being able to do a better job at spying than his whole intelligence department. 

 

But he has to stay professional. 

 

"Minho... What are his plans?" 

 

Seulgi and Wendy lifts their heads up a little to quickly. Irene's brows furrowed at the qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter