Chapter 15

Still the same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

  Minho POV   "Can I sit with you?" I looked up from the book I'm reading to see Henry with an expectant look on his face. I looked around the cafe and... the place was barely occupied. "Sure." It's not that hard to converse right?  "So how was america?" Oh great, it started. "Uhhmm... nothing much. Except for work. You know." His mouth formed an 'O' shape.    "I forgot you had a mission there. You took this group down right? And now your on a mission again huh? You need a break don't you think?" This guy...  "How long are you working for the agency?"  "Over a year." I stayed in the US for 10 long years. My mission there is even top secret. "I-I have to go." before I could even step out of the cafe, he called out.  "Minho-sunbaenim, you should really take a break. You need it." He lifted his frappe and nods his head. I politely nod back.    My encounter with Henry was wierd. Something was off. He knew too much to the point that it was alarming. I knew I had to leave there as fast as possible.    The Red cloud. The group that I chased down to the point that I have to leave korea with my family. The excalibur technology was created to make peace but the red cloud says otherwise. They wanted to use it for power. Two SM agents that are based there became my partners and my closest friends during our stay in the states. Son Mina and Son Sungjae, Wendy's real parents. They didn't die because of a car crash. They died because of me. They died because they chose to save my life.    After being undercover, we planned to finish everything. We discovered their hideout and our plan of attack was flawless if no one messes up.    Flash back   "All bombs planted. We have 20 minutes to finish the mission." After Sungjae planted the last bomb, I took a deep breath to relax relax myself. "If you can hear me, please respond." I talked through my radio. "Copy that." We're at a radio stations with 4 big towers for broadcast. It may look like the towers are completely normal to others but It can kill the whole of america. The red cloud managed to hack the governments servers and their military's control panel. Talk about noobs.    They used the towers to transmit the signal to all off america's nukes, causing it to explode. Though we did discover that it's still not fully operational yet. Each tower is above a 3 story building, which we have to figh our way through. "Team A to C, handle the first 3 towers in the nort-western side of the area." "Roger that."  "Sungjae, Mina." They gave determined nods.  The three of us are enough as we're elites. We cocked our guns and gave our equipments a last check-up before going in.    ___   We easily made our way to the top floor. It is also our mission to arrest Hakyeon, their suspected leader, so we could extract information from him with red cloud's other plans; but we have to do it within the 20 minute mark or we would be blown to pieces. As we reached the top, the sight of a clapping Hakyeon greeted us.    "I'm impressed you actually know about this place. Even the government doesn't know ." Hakyeon then walks to the edge with hands on his back, watching the chaos below. "Cha Hakyeon, you're under arrest for multiple murder cases, thieft, and for trying to kill the whole of america." Hakyeon laughed a bit as if what Mina said was a joke. "Why are you doing this, Hakyeon? You're willing to kill millions of innocent lives and for what?" I said through gritted teeth.    "Because," He turned to us again with a dark expression on his face. "I wanted peace." What? Peace? Yeah sure. Killing millions of innocent lives will grant us peace. The three of us stayed quiet. "Us humans are the evils of this world. Can't you see? People on the top greed for more power while the ones below suffer. this world and it's bull customs. I experienced it all. All the pain and sufferings. You may think my organization seeks for power but we only wanted to cleanse the earth. Slowly, starting here in America, I will destroy this place full of sinners and create a new world where you won't suffer and live with the happiness that everyone deserves. I don't care if I'll go to hell if the people I serve (red cloud) lives in paradise."   I would have supported his idea of a better world if the killing part is removed. "You're insane." I put three fingers up behind my back, closing one every second.  "I am insane." He then chuckles humorlessly. After closing my last finger, Sungjae fires directly at Hakyeon, enough just to disable him and I wasn't even surprised with what happened. I knew he was too laid back.   "A hologram." In just a matter of seconds, Sungjae was on the ground. "Play nice." The real Hakyeon has Sungjae's gun pointed at his head. Me and Mina watched in horror as Sungjae could be shot dead any second.   We then heard three explosions. A static can be heard through my earpiece. "Team A, B, and C reporting. Mission complete. But no sign of Hakyeon. We're already outside the station. Where are you?" I checked my wrist watch. 10 minutes. "I got him. We're still at tower 4. Leave the rest to us." "...Roger that."    "Put the guns down and fight me head on if you still want him alive." Hakyeon commands. Mina instatly threw her weapon at a distance. Hakyeon tilted his head to Mina's weapon as if telling me to do the same. I relectuntly complied.    "You should do the same." We're completely defenseless at that point. Well not completely but Sungjae's life's on the line and may be ours too if we can't do things quickly. "Sure." The bastard hits Sungjae with the gun's before throwing it. Sungjae dropped unconscious.   "Sungjae!" Mina cried out. "Oops. My hand slipped a bit." I just felt the need to wipe that smirk off his face with my fists. "Mina, treat Sungjae. I'll finish this." Mina's eyes were watery but the determination is there when she gave me a nod.    "Show me what you got Kang." He took his suit off and throws it to the side. I'm not even close to surprised that he knows me. He managed to infiltrate the US's security. What more about knowing my name.    We went head on. He was good. Too good that he's able to keep up with my level. The only person that beat me in a hand to hand match was Seunghyeon. My heart pumped hard in excitement. I can feel the adrenaline rush surging within me. It's been a while since I got a worthy sparring opponent. We parted from eachother after an equal lock.    "You're good." He cracked his knuckles with a confident smirk on his face.  " Not bad yourself." I have to admit it's fun minus the possible death by being blown up.    We went back to our previous activity. After a few exchanges, we finally land an attack on eachother. We both exchanged a solid punch on our chest which made us part again. We both groaned in pain. I charged after a short moment of break. He welcomed me with a punch but everything went slow. I managed to tilt my head to the side which caused his attack to just slightly scratch my cheek.    My hand was already at my back, grabbing my dagger when I charged. I swiped it upward and managed to hit his right eye. I took his temporary disoriented state as an opportunity and kicked him at the chest where I punced him earlier. Let's see you stand up from that one.    The right side of his face was covered with blood. He brought his hand to his damaged eye and laughed like he totally wasn't bleeding. "That was fun. We should do it some other time, Kang." After getting on his two feet, he started walking backwards still with his nonchalant smile. "I'm afraid there's no next time, Hakyeon." I started making my way to where he is with my cuffs ready.  "I suggests you escape now, Kang. I still want my rematch."    He then stops walking backwards when he reached the edge. I was about to rush to him while he was 'cornered' when I felt the floor trembling. I stopped my tracks when a chopper appeared behind Hakyeon. Guess he's not that cornered afterall. After boarding, he looked me and said,    "You may have won this time, Kang. But I promise you It's not the end. I may also fail in the future but there will always be someone like me. I'll be back, Kang." He's voice is as evil as the threat itself
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter