Chapter 4

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kai's POV

several months later

 

Kai walked into his house and closed the door. “I’m home!”

“Oh Jongin come into the kitchen please! I need help!! Its Ricky’s birthday tonight and I want to bake him a cake! Come try this for me!”

Kai walked into the kitchen and see the disaster that his sister has caused. “Noona, I don’t know if Ricky hyung will still want to marry you after he sees this. How did this even happen? How did you even manage to go through 5 cartons of eggs for one cake?!”

“SHUT UP OK?! THIS IS MY FIRST TIME!”

The maids chuckled and one of them spoke up, “Young master, the young mistress is trying very hard. She woke up early today to head into the store with us and have been working on this cake ever since.”

Kai sighed and looked as his sister’s expectant eyes on the oven waiting for the cake to be done. This scene reminded him of one girl that couldn’t cook at all as well. One girl who tried to make him cookies before but failed miserably. He chuckled.

“They’re ready!” Kai’s sister, Nara exclaimed. “Jongin come try it! Try it! Tell me how it is! Is this good enough for Ricky?!”

Kai took a bite of the piece of cake his sister cut for him. He winced. Definitely burnt. “Noona…it’s burnt…”

“WHAT?!” Nara took a bite of the cake and tried it and bit into an eggshell.

“And I am sure that you should crack the eggs before you mix it in the batter noona. You bit into a shell too didn’t you?”

Nara slumped down in her chair. “What to do?! Ricky will be disappointed! I promised him a cake. How will he even want to marry me when I can’t even make a simple cake?” Nara sulked.

“I’m sure he’ll love it. It’s the thoughts that count. Trust me noona. Now don’t pout you’re getting married in a month. Don’t want wrinkles do you now?”

“Really? You think he won’t mind?”

“I know so noona.” Because a certain someone made me burnt cookies before and I still ate them all. Because I could tell she put a lot of effort into them.

“I’ll be heading upstairs now.”

“Oh Jongin a package arrived for you. Mina would you hand it to him please?”

“Yes young mistress. Here it is young master. It came when you were in school. There is also a bigger box already upstairs in your room.”

“Thanks. I’ll be heading up now.”

 

Kai held the package and walked upstairs. He dropped his bags on the floor and laid on his bed. A few minutes later he sat up and took the package in his hands. Who is this from? From PA? What is this?  Kai opened the box and looked inside. Inside there was a journal. On the cover of the journal wrote, My Memories of Him. He was confused. He looked towards the bigger box lying next to his bed. He got up and opened it. Inside the box stood a teddy bear. He didn’t understand until a memory of him a certain girl flashed into his mind.

“Do you want that bear?”

“I’ll win it for you”

“I hope you win for your girlfriend then”

“I was hoping it was you young man. Now go get your girlfriend that bear. I can see that she’s already more than happy.”

Areum? It’s been 5 months since she left. He graduates high school in less than 2 months from now. He walked back onto his bed and sat down. He reached for the journal and opened it up and saw that there were pictures of him during his early high school years. Playing basketball, football, and dancing. Pictures of his high school moments and more. And at the bottom of each picture he saw Areum’s handwriting. They were dary entries. Some accompanied with pictures and some not. He began reading. 

November 2nd. We were in our freshmen year of high school. Sehun told me he wanted me to meet his friends today. I reluctantly said yes. Of course I knew who they were. They were the school’s kingkas. Everyone knew who they were and all the girls will be dying to have them give them the time of day. If I knew this day would change my life, I would have been better prepared. This was the day I met him. The day I got to see his smile. The day I got to meet the one I have been watching from afar. The day I got to meet Kim Jongin. The day I met love.

 

A picture of him playing basketball.

February 2nd.  I saw Kim Jongin play basketball for the first time today. He was amazing. I originally told Sehun I was going to come see him play. But I knew better. I knew why I wanted to go to Sehun’s game because I knew he was going to be there.

 

Kai turned the page.

A picture of chocolates on his desk.

February 14. Today was Valentine’s day. I bought chocolate especially for him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter