Chapter 31

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

To say they were hungover was an understatement. They felt like death all except Areum, Sehun, Kai, and Krystal. Kai and Krystal retired early last night because Kai’s arm was hurting and Krystal was taking care of him. Sehun being the birthday boy you would think he would be more drunk than the others but the others were already so gone to even remember him. Areum just didn’t drink. Needless to say the rest felt like crap and didn’t want to wake up even though today was their last day in Jeju. When they were sobered up it was already 5 in the afternoon. The group decided to spend their last day at the beach where Jeju will have the lantern festival.

The festival was filled with amazing things to see and do. They had musicians, acrobats, dancers, and other performers all there as well. They also had food stands filled with exotic and interesting foods for them to try. But the highlight had to be the floating lanterns. The festival will end with setting lanterns into the sea with your wishes on them.

The group was enjoying performances and the food provided by the festival.

“Hyung look at that! Look! It’s like they don’t have any bones in their body!” Tao exclaimed watching the acrobats in amazement. He then pulled Kris closer to the stage to watch it. Kris turned around to face Areum with a help me face but she just shrugged and told him to go. The other boys were either flirting with girls; Chen and Luhan, eating; Xiumin, Lay, Suho, and Sehun; or into the performances; Tao and Kris. And then there was Baekhyun and Chanyeol playing the carnival games that was there and refused to leave even though they lost 5 games in a row. Claiming and I quote from Bakehyun, “If the beautiful and talented Byun Bakehyun can’t win this stupid teddy bear by the end of the night I will shave off my head.” Areum chuckled seeing all her silly friends. She looked around and didn’t even see Kai or Krystal. Maybe they’re having quality time together. She shrugged it off and continued exploring the festival. She was walking until she saw a crowd and went closer. When she got closer she saw that the crowd was crowding around a group of dancers. She watched in amazement and clapped her hands. She then turned to her right and saw Kai standing a few steps away from her and made her way to him.

“Hey there stranger.”

Kai looked over and smiled. “Hey.”

“Where’s Krystal?”

“She had an emergency call she had to take about work.”

Areum nodded her head and saw his hurt arm. "Thank you for saving me. I didnt have a chance to say Thank You until now. So Thank you."

Kai shooke his head. "It was no big deal. I couldn't let you drown."

"But you got hurt and it was all because of me. For that I'm sorry."

Kai chuckled. "Don't worry about it." and looked back to the dancers.

Areum looked at Kai whose eyes were staring at the dancers.“Are you feeling itchy?”

Kai raised a questioning brow at her.

“Itching to dance. You were staring at them pretty hard.”

Kai smiled softly, “I don’t want to embarrass myself. I haven’t danced in a long time and I wasn’t even that good.”

Areum punched Kai on the arm. “Are you crazy?! You are about the best dancer I know. and I know because I watch a lot of dancers on YouTube. The way you move is amazing. Those kind of things don’t just go away. You dance with so much passion. I know you really loved to dance and it must have been very hard for you to give up your passion. I know that being the heir to such a big company had hindered you from doing what you love. But don’t ever say that you’re not good ok? Because you weren’t just good. You were beautiful and I think it’s a shame that people can’t see it anymore.” She said the last part as her eyes made its way to his.

Kai was so touched at her words. No one ever talked about his dancing like she did. Sure they said he had talent and said it was good but no one ever stopped and asked how it made him feel. Dancing has been a big part of his life and truth be told he still loves it with all his heart. Ever since he was born he knew the life he has to lead being the heir to his family’s business. So he gave up that love. No one ever ask him how he felt about it or if he ever missed it. Not even Krystal, not even once had she said anything about it. But this girl standing here next to him seems to always be able to read his heart and he was grateful. He was grateful for at least having one person knowing.

“I HAVE SOMEONE HERE WHO LIKE TO DANCE!” Kai suddenly heard Areum yell out. Kai’s eyes bulged out so much that it was about to pop out.

“Really? Well tell him to come on out! Let us see what you got” one of the dancers said invitingly.

Kai panicky looked at Areum. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

Areum smiled, “Show them how Kim Jongin dances!” and pushed him into the middle of the empty circle where the crowd was waiting for him.

Kai looked at her and the people around him. He felt like fainting when he saw one of the dancers asking him what song to play.

He rubbed the back of his head, “how about we slow it down? How about Playboy?”

The dancer smirked, “Nice choice.” 

PLAY THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXvhnlePPxc

The song started playing and Kai was just standing there not knowing what to do. He looked around the crowd and saw so many faces and he felt like he was about to vomit. His eyes then landed on Areum. She saw his hesitance and gave him a thumbs up.  

“Take a deep breath. You can do it Jongin. I believe in you.” She mouthed to him with a beautiful smile. He felt a sudden burst of confidence. I can do this. I’ll make you proud. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and started recalling his old passion. And just like that he felt like he was in high school again dancing in one of the practice rooms.

Areum watched him with a proud smile. The way he moved was so fluid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter