Chapter 18

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum has another free day today Kris was working and she didn’t want to bother Sehun again since he skipped the whole day of work yesterday to be with her. She was walking along the streets of Seoul alone telling Yang that she can handle herself and gave him a free day. She walked a familiar road and saw the bakery from before. She headed inside. The smell of fresh bread and pastries hit her nose and she smiled.

“Ajusshi!”

The old man behind the counter looked up and noticed her.

“Agashi you’re back.” he smiled.

Areum nodded. “I’m here for some more of your delicious baked goods!”

The old man chuckled. “Help yourself. These cakes are my latest creation. I just thought of the recipe. Tell me how it tastes.” He handed her a cake.

“They look delicious. Thank you.” She took a bite. “OH MY GOSH THESE ARE DELICIOUS! THEY ARE THE BEST CAKES I HAVE EVER TASTED!” she exclaimed. He laughed happy at her expression, then a voice called for him.

“Thank you. Help yourself to whatever you like.” He told her and walked over to help the other customers. Areum nodded her head and finished the cake. She then went around the shop to look at other treats. Areum was so lost in all the pastries that she didn’t notice the bell signaling a new customer coming in.

“PRETTY NOONA!” a little voice yelled caused Areum to turn around just to have her legs tackled into a hug. She looked down shocked. She bent down to his height and picked him up.

“Taeoh! Where did you come from?!” she asked surprised. 

Taeoh didn’t say anything and just smiled at her. He wrapped his arms around her neck.

“Pretty noona come play with us!”

“Us?”

“Taeoh you shouldn’t go anywhere without me! You scared me half to death!” Areum heard a panting voice and looked up ahead of her. Her eyes widened.

“Kai?”

Kai widened his eyes and scratched the back of his head.

“Areum. Hey. What are you doing here?”

“I’m here to buy bread and you?”

Before Kai could answer a voice interrupted them.

“UNCLE JONGIN!! CAN PRETTY NOONA COME PLAY WITH US TODAY?” Taeoh whined from Areum’s arms.

“Pretty nooona? Taeoh is she the one that helped you from the mall?”

Taeoh nodded his head and smiled at Areum. “Pretty noona is my favorite. I want to be with her forever.” He said as he snuggled into the crook of Areum’s neck.

“Uncle?” Areum looked at Kai.

“Oh yeah. He’s my older sister’s sun. Kim Taeoh.” Kai reached out and ruffled Taeoh’s head. “But I would have never guessed you were the pretty noona he kept talking about. Small world huh?”

“Yeah small world…..you don’t have work today?”

“No, noona needed someone to watch Taeoh today and I haven’t spent any quality time with him in awhile so I volunteered myself.” Areum nodded her head.

“And Krystal?”

Kai looked up to her face from Taeoh, “Work. Kris hyung?”

“Work.” They started laughing. “Why are we so awkward?” They laughed and eased away from the awkward atmosphere. Areum found out that Taeoh was a regular at this bakery as well as Kai because it was their favorite. They ended up eating a lot of samples and different types of sweet bread and pastries together. After they were done with their purchasing they left the shop, Taeoh still holding onto Areum’s hands.

“Noona come play with us today.” Taeoh pouted. “Don’t leave.” He whined and was on the verge of tears. Kai tried to calm him but there was no stopping his tantrum.

“Areum are you doing anything today? If not would you mind joining us? Taeoh really wants to hang out with you today and it seems that he wont be taking no for an answer.” He said panicky looking at Areum.

Areum looked down at the pouty boy on the verge of tears. She didn’t have anything planned today so it wouldn’t hurt. “Sure. I would love to spend my day with Taeoh.” She said which made Taeoh face brighten.

“YAY! Pretty noona lets go to the zoo! Uncle Jongin lets go!” he dragged Areum to Kai’s car. Kai just shook his head chuckling and followed them. Since when did his nephew get so close to Areum?

Knock Knock

“Mr. Wu can you sign these papers please?” Wendy said as she walked into Kris’s office. She was surprised to see a slouched body on the chair who seems to be asleep. Wendy walked closer to the bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter