Take It Slow

Just a Feeling

 

               Seungri was ecstatic. It hadn’t even been a full day since he and Youngbae had gotten together, and a goofy smile stretched across his face like a permanent fixture. The lovestruck young man poked his head into his leader’s room and observed the older man bent over a laptop, hard at work. “Hey, Jiyong-hyung,” Seungri called, surprising the songwriter and making him jump a bit. “Can I take Gaho out for a walk? Please?” Seungri wheedled, giving Jiyong begging, puppy-dog eyes.

                Jiyong’s eyes narrowed. “Just you? You know how I feel about you and my dog being alone together; last time you-“

                “Youngbae-hyung is taking Boss out too,” Seungri interrupted.

                As if he’d been summoned the aforementioned man’s voice echoed down the hallway, “Yah, Seungri, are you coming or not?” Youngbae’s voice had a smile in it, a joking, upbeat tone that no one had heard for weeks. Jiyong’s eyes widened a bit.

                Reluctantly, the leader gave in. “Fine. But be careful with Gaho, Maknae,” he reminded Seungri. “Remember, last time you-”

                “I get it, Hyung,” the smiling young man cut in. “We’ll be careful.”

                Jiyong shook his head wearily. Those two drove them all insane with their crazy ups and downs. Youngbae and Seungri had avoided each other for weeks. They hadn’t spoken, had avoided each other’s eyes, hadn’t smiled or joked with each other, had kept them all on their toes. Now this? Jiyong supposed he couldn’t really complain; whatever kept the band together and his brothers happy was alright with him.

                Seungri strolled down the sidewalk next to Youngbae, brushing against his side occasionally as they walked. The younger man turned to his hyung, a sly twinkle in his eye. “So, Youngbae-hyung, is this our first date?” he teased.

                The older man grinned good naturedly and rolled his eyes. “Pretty sorry excuse for a date, isn’t it?” he asked wryly as he watched his dog defecate on a strip of grass. Seungri followed his gaze and wrinkled up his nose. “Ew… Youngbae-hyung, that’s gross!”

                Youngbae snickered as he cleaned up after his dog. “What’s gross? This?” he teased, holding up the bag containing his dog’s fecal matter and advancing on his boyfriend.

                “Youngbae-hyung,” Seungri whined. The older man ignored his protests and came closer with the waste, pretending he was going to throw it at the younger man. “Youngbae-hyung!” Seungri shrieked, and ran down the sidewalk, Gaho in tow, as his giggling boyfriend and a small terrier chased him down the street with a bag of dog poop. It was ridiculous, really, and the two men were lucky not to be caught on camera, or they’d never have heard the end of it.

                Half an hour later Youngbae and Seungri were sweaty, hot, and tired. From running, that is. “Ah, Youngbae-hyung,” Seungri laughed as the older man poked his side.

                Youngbae frowned, thinking. “Aish, we’re close enough, right? Tell you what; drop the honorifics when we’re not in public, alright?”

                Seungri blinked, surprised. “Really?”

                The older man rolled his eyes. “Really,” he chuckled.

                Youngbae and Seungri entered the apartment with the two small dogs that they’d nearly forgotten about in the joy of each other’s company. Boss padded into the apartment beside his master, happy to be home after so much exercise, while Seungri practically dragged Gaho in with the leash around the little dog’s neck. Jiyong emerged from somewhere deeper in the house, wanting to make sure his baby had been taken care of. His eyes bulged out of his skull when he saw the state his puppy was in. “Lee Seungri,” he screeched, “I specifically told you to take it slow!” The two sweaty men shared a glance and began to giggle insincere apologies to their leader as he stomped down the hall, dog in arms.

                Jiyong glared at the two smiling men as they ate dinner. He hadn’t yet forgiven them for mistreating Gaho. Seungri’s constant chatter was annoying the hell out of him too, and dinner had just started. “Hey, Youngbae,” Seungri spoke to the older singer, oblivious to his leader’s irritation.

                Jiyong rounded on the maknae. “That’s Youngbae-hyung to you,” he snapped.

                Youngbae frowned at his best friend’s reaction, but ignored it, instead choosing to answer his boyfriend. “Yeah, Seungri?”

                Jiyong’s jaw twitched and his eyes bulged. They drove him crazy. 

 


 

A/N: You guys are the readers. I write for you. Please take the poll and let me know your opinions in the comment box below~  :D

I love you all. <3 A big thank you for all my subscribers and commenters. :)