Next Day

Just a Feeling

 

             Yang Goon wrung his hands together nervously as he listened intently for Youngbae’s knock on his office door. Although the singer seemed have gotten back on his feet, said he was in fact feeling better than ever, the CEO wasn’t completely convinced that the crisis had been averted. Who in the world was Youngbae so in love with, and why had Jiyong said the other man’s relationship was scandalous? Yang closed his eyes and massaged his temples, imagining the worst. What if Youngbae was seeing a single mother? The public wouldn’t react well if that were the case. Or even worse, was she an underage high school student? That idea made the tense man wince. Unable to stop his worrying, an even more horrifying notion crept into Yang Goon’s tormented mind: What if Youngbae was dating a married woman? Or could it be that-

                A confident rap on the door woke YG from his worrying. He quickly brushed down the lapels on his suit and straightened up, attempting to compose himself, before answering the knock with a self-assured – he hoped it sounded that way, anyway – “Come in.”

                Yang Goon did his best to appear unworried as just the man he wanted to see strode into the room. His own tense demeanor starkly contrasted Youngbae’s carefree one. The singer looked to be on top of the world, a contented glow lighting his features.

                “You wanted to see me, Sir?” Youngbae’s voice had a smile in it and he moved with unhurried grace as he entered the room.

                Papa YG lifted his eyes to inspect the very much changed Youngbae. His eyes were clear and alert and a smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. The man in front of him was a far cry from the drunken wreck he’d seen not long ago. “Yes, Youngbae. I understand you’ve gotten your… romantic troubles settled?”

                The smile Youngbae’s lips had hinted at made itself known and stretched across his face. “Yes, Sir. We’ve got it sorted.”

                Yang was only slightly relieved by the younger man’s affirmation. “I’m glad to hear that. However… I’d like to talk to you about your significant other.”

                Youngbae’s smile faded and he nodded, unsurprised. Although his expression stayed carefully neutral, his eyes blazed with a fierce conviction, warning the older man not to interfere with his love life.

                 Yang Goon was a bit taken aback by the other man’s intensity, but he supposed he shouldn’t have been surprised by the depth of Youngbae’s affection for his mysterious partner, considering his previous drunken state. The older man’s tone was business-like, as he spoke about his company. “Youngbae, the label will not intrude on your personal life. Who you choose to date will be your decision, and YG Entertainment won’t contest it.”

                The piercing gaze Youngbae had focused on the older man faded as he visibly relaxed. “Thank you, Sir,” he murmured gratefully.

                Reluctantly, the CEO continued to speak. “Although I promise the company will involve itself with your relationship as little as possible, I need you to answer a few questions for me. Jiyong mentioned that your relationship was… scandalous in nature. I need to know the reason so that the PR Department can prepare a response in advance to the media storm that’s certain to happen when the public gets wind of your significant other.

                There was silence for a moment, as Youngbae thought, before he spoke hesitantly. “Do you… want to talk to us both, together I mean?”

                Yang was both surprised and pleased by the offer and the other man’s cooperation. “I’d love to, Youngbae. When can I meet your mysterious lover?” the older man teased.

                “Is now a good time?”
                “Now?”

                Youngbae took the older man’s question as affirmation and pulled out his cell phone, punching a couple of buttons on the screen. He held it up to his ear for a few moments before he began to speak. “Can you meet me in YG’s office?” There was a pause as the person on the other end replied. “Now.” A shorter pause this time, before Youngbae giggled. “I love you too, Baby. See you soon.” A smile graced the singer’s handsome face as he hung up the phone and turned his attention back to his boss.

                Yang Goon stared at the younger man. Their meeting hadn’t gone quite as he expected, it seemed, but that was alright, because he was going to get to meet Youngbae’s girlfriend sooner than he’d ever anticipated. The woman must be pretty special, he thought, to make Youngbae risk his career for her. The CEO broke anticipatory silence. “So, Youngbae, tell me about your girl-”

                Three sharp knocks on the office door cut the older man off mid-word.

                “I’ll get it; that’s got to be my love,” Youngbae sang.

                Yang tensed in expectant apprehension, although his brows furrowed in doubt. There was no way Youngbae’s girlfriend could’ve gotten onto the property in only a matter of minutes, much less gotten through security and all the way up to his office.

                Youngbae opened the door with a brilliant smile plastered on his face, which didn’t fade as he beheld the visitor. Yang Goon, however, felt his muscles loosen and he breathed a sigh of relief at the anticlimax that greeted him. “Hello, Seungri. I’m in a meeting with your hyung right now,” he gestured towards Youngbae, “but was there something you needed?”

                Seungri looked nervous, and he spoke hesitantly. “Bae said you wanted to see me?”

                Yang Goon frowned, uncomprehending, until he caught sight of Youngbae, and everything became clear. The other man’s gaze communicated tender love and he seemed to glow with contentment. If Youngbae’s brilliant smile hadn’t convinced the CEO, the pronounced limp in Seungri’s step as he walked into the office did. “Seung... Seungri’s your boyfriend?” Yang managed to choke out.

                Papa YG couldn’t help but think that maybe it would’ve been better if Youngbae was seeing a single mother after all.      



 

A/N: Told you I wouldn't make you wait too long. :) 
I love you guys so much. <3 No joke. ^_^ 

Did you guys all see B.A.P's Warrior? I'm expecting great things from them! :D