After You Fall Asleep

Just a Feeling

 

         Seungri, Jiyong, Seunghyun, and Daesung had gathered in their living room to discuss Youngbae’s situation. The sounds of destruction had ceased, but that only worried them more. What if Youngbae had decided to do something stupid and irrational? Something… permanent. Granted, Youngbae wasn’t the type of guy who you’d expect to do something like that, but the man wasn’t himself at the moment.

         Seunghyun had already been over what had occurred when Youngbae returned from his date ten times, but even so, no one was exactly sure of what was going on. Seungri had had enough of their wasting time speculating. “Jiyong-hyung, call that bi-”

         “-woman,” interrupted Daesung with a glare, which Seungri returned.

         “and ask her what the fu-”

        “-heck,” Daesung interrupted again tersely. Seungri glared daggers at his hyung.

        “she did to Youngbae-hyung.” Seungri knew he was being a jerk, but he was worried about Youngbae. Locking himself in his bedroom and going on a violent rampage was definitely out of character, and anything that could make Youngbae come unglued like this had to be serious. He knew he cared about his hyungs a lot, but his heart was beating its way out of his chest, and he had to wonder if he’d feel as strongly about the situation if it was one of his other band mates locked in their room instead of Youngbae. Did Youngbae really mean that much more to him than the others? His personal policy was to listen to his heart, and according to his heart, Youngbae did mean more to him than his other hyungs. Youngbae was closer to him than the others because he was always sticking up for the younger man and was willing to take time out of his day to listen and help the maknae as best he could, no matter how busy he was.

       Jiyong let out a frustrated growl. “You heard what Seunghyun said, Seungri. Youngbae said the girl was perfect; she’s not the problem here!”

       “JUST CALL HER AND ASK, DAMMIT!” screamed Seungri, his composure flying out the window. “YOUNGBAE-HYUNG IS SUFFERING IN THERE, AND YOU WON’T EVEN MAKE ANY EFFORT TO HELP HIM!” The worry eating away at Seungri’s heart had also eaten away at his patience, and he’d snapped. The young man gave Jiyong a glare- a frantic, desperate, angry, worried glare- before rushing out of the room and down the hallway.

        The remaining men stared at each other, dumbfounded. The maknae’s outburst had shocked them all into silence. Seunghyun shook his head, muttering his thoughts aloud, “I knew they were close, but geez.”

       Jiyong looked near tears. “What if he’s right, Hyung? What if Youngbae did something stupid while we wasted time out here?”

       Daesung frowned and muttered under his breath, “I don’t care how worried he is; we’re all worried. He shouldn’t have screamed at us. We’re all doing our best.” Seunghyun just sighed, looking defeated.

       Meanwhile, Seungri was acting on his own ideas of how to help Youngbae. Seungri had beat on the door and called for his hyung until his voice was hoarse.  He knew he’d be in trouble because of the state of his vocal cords, but he couldn’t bring himself to care when Youngbae was so obviously in pain. Seungri hadn't given up when the older man didn't respond to his pleas, instead he’d written a note and slipped in under the door, hoping his hyung would read it. When that didn’t merit a response either, Seungri had decided he would wait outside his hyung’s room in case Youngbae decided to come out during the night.

      The three men Seungri had left in the living room had discussed and debated the matter a while longer before giving in to sleep’s seductive call. They’d give Youngbae until tomorrow. If he wasn’t out by then, they were calling Youngbae’s manager to deal with the distraught man. As each made his way to bed, they passed Seungri, stubbornly sitting outside Youngbae’s room. Seungri refused to meet their eyes, because he knew he was still angry and unstable and could do something that would further damage the group’s dynamic, which he would regret later. So he ignored his hyungs as they left Youngbae to his suffering, choosing to sleep in their nice warm beds. Seungri wondered what kind of friends would do that, before realizing that if it were anyone but Youngbae-hyung in this situation, he’d probably act the same way. Youngbae was special to him. Seungri loved all of his hyungs, but was this love… different? Seungri felt tears gather in his eyes as he again imagined what Youngbae was feeling, what he could be doing alone in the locked room. The tears rolled silently down Seungri’s face, but he couldn’t bring himself to care enough to wipe them off. Seungri’s heart nearly broke as imagined the horrifying possibilities, and then and there, he admitted it to himself. He loved Youngbae.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________A/N: I got the answer to last chapter's Gikwang vs. Kikwang question... I didn't know that G and K are interchangeable in Korean, because in Hangul, they make the same sound. :O Interesting. Or at at least I thought so. :) Thanks for the continued support, my lovely readers.