What More Could Happen?

Twins

Silence fills the air as no one is making eye contact making the room environment awkward.

Yeri immediately moves to the door and looks around to make sure the area is clear. Unfortunately, the hallway is crowded since its management hour where trainees are meeting with the current managers of SM’s idol groups for Q&As. 

Yeri doesn’t hesitate to slam her hand against the wall

THUD!

“Q&A meetings are canceled go home early today you guys earned it!” she said.

Rather than being happy, trainees were confused and wouldn’t dare move towards the exit because an early release is a generic trick to see who would rather leave early and not train.

“Yeah right you can’t fool us” a voice shouts. Soon enough the whole entire hall erupts in chaos as people debate whether or not it’s a trick to find the weak links.

Yeri sighs “this is going to be harder than I thought.” ‘Come on Yeri think what can I do right now, I know they would believe Irene unnie but I can’t rely on her all the time.’
Yeri has never been good with crowds since she doesn’t have any confidence in front of a bunch of teens who she doesn’t know.
All she can do is make a fist and blame herself for not pushing herself. Her fist tightens as thoughts of doubt and self-hate kept running through her mind.

 ‘Why can’t I do it? Why? Everyone always questions and doubts me? Why me huh? Am I too short for the job? I can’t do this no more. How can I be here when I’m nothing?’

 But it seemed to vanish when she feels a soft hand on her shoulder.
She looks to see Irene looking at her hinting to go inside and mouths “thank you for your effort, you’re the best”
 

Yeri fist unfolds and she gives Irene a huge burying her face on Irene’s chest. Irene smiles knowing her favorite secretary has her confidence back and replies to the hug.

Unfortunately it was too loud as trainees and manager were still debating on the early dismissal

Yeri pulls away from the hug, smiles and then walks back into the room.

Irene takes a simple breath and walks into the chaotic hallway hoping for someone to notice her presence.

Irene shrugs “Well I guess I should say something.” She looks to see if anyone heard her but turns out no one is even paying attention. Seeing these debates unfolds Irene smirks and chuckles to herself before walking back into her office.

“Yeri pass me my megaphone please?”

Yeri walks towards the megaphone and hands it over “you’re going have some fun huh?” she looks at Irene with a satisfying smile on her face.

Irene smiles radiantly “Oh yeah”

She takes the megaphone and walks back into hallway that hasn’t changed one bit.

Irene breathes once before speaking into the megaphone. “SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY ARE YOU GUYS STILL HERE?”

The once chaotic hallway all of sudden seems like a peaceful lake as no one spoke upon hearing her voice.

“Now that I have your attention let me remind you of a couple of things.

First, Kim Yerim is my secretary and when she is delivering OUR orders to you guys LISTEN TO HER!
Second, now you will NOT have an early dismissal today but you will be dismissed after your Q&A sessions that will take place outside of the building today because I SAID SO.

Third, you guys will lose 3 days of vacation and in return will spend those days training and if you don’t show up then you’re immediately in the red of losing you’re contract. Also the early dismissal that I promised to give you guys before vacation is no longer valid you have lost that opportunity and will need to earn it back.

So now that I have said what I needed to say please get in your groups for Q&A and start heading out of the building.”

After a couple of seconds, trainees and managers started to walk out of the building have registered what Irene has just said along with my frowns and disappointing looks towards each other since no one spoke up about being in front of the CEO’s office.

 

Once the halls were cleared Joohyun returned to the room and sat down on the couch.
She looked at the Wendy’s secretary and ushered her to take a seat. “Joy take a seat next to Yeri please.”

Once everyone had taken a seat silence once again filled the room until Wendy spoken up. “Joy and Yeri’s relationship will need to be exposed sooner or later and I think we should do it now. Otherwise they should call it quits and break up.”

Irene just started at Wendy with disbelief in her eyes.

“No.”

Wendy slightly tilted her head in confusion as see looked at Irene. “Why not?”

“Because I said so.”

“Why can’t you give me a better answer?” Wendy ask.

Yeri and Joy couldn’t move an inch hearing the irritation in Wendy’s tone of voice.

Irene stood up, walked over to her desk and grabbed the phone sitting in front of her computer.

Upon grabbing the phone she turns around to talk “Son Seungwan” she says.

A smile of triumph soon forms on her face “I want you to listen to this recording that I have of you.”

Wendy gulps knowing she is playing a game that she is going to lose a game of OH NO YOU DIDN’T!

*Recording starts to play*

‘Hey Baechu, remember when we were a thing back in the day I mean it’s only been a week since we broke up but those things I said to you were wrong. I guess seeing Yeri and Joy together made me realize how much I actually wanted to be with you.

 I regret not telling my parents sooner even though I knew my parents would accept me. Maybe then we could still be together. The bunny and hamster *giggle* to I think I would actually regret leaving you.

 I want to make it up to you somehow and I think I know how. One wish from me that I will grant no matter what the circumstances are. Just tell me and I’ll do it.

Even though I am drunk right now I don’t give a damn that I’m making myself vulnerable to you of all people my ex-girlfriend who I dumped because I was too scared of what people think about me. I’m too much of a goodie too shoes

*chuckles*

 Anyway I hope this recording finds you in good health and that maybe we could get back together because I miss my bunny and I hope my bunny misses her hamster.

 

*end of recording*

Irene glares at Wendy with a triumphant smirk knowing she has her right where she wants her.

“So do you want to break up these two because it reminds you of what we once were?” she asks.

“Yes but not only because of that. It’s also going to be considered inappropriate by the media if they find out in addition to potential lies that will influence rumors and different statements going around within our respective companies.” Wendy replies.

“Well then here is my wish and it’s a long one at that too” Irene smirks looking at Wendy’s worried face who’s expecting the worst to come.

“As of today both Yeri and Joy will keep their current position as our head of secretary based on a company agreement with our families’ company meaning both Son and Bae Corporation will be represented by these two and as for their relationship, they will not be broken up but will exposed to the general public as meetings between all of the companies will start soon. And both of us get new personal secretaries.”

Wendy just stares at Irene with a blank expression not because she has no emotion but it was a rather unexpected wish she would get. Soon enough the hurt can be seen in her eyes but no tears were shed. ‘So I have moved on then huh?’ was the only thought that was moving through her head at time.

Irene noticing the hurt expression on Wendy’s face and then the satisfying smile she gave her she spoke up “seems like both of us have moved on then that’s nice to hear and I hope you can find someone who will make you happy.”

Irene turned her head to look at Yeri who has been smiling for a while now. “So now what is the last bit of good news you have for me?”

Yeri stands up and runs over to grab her clipboard from the table behind the couch.

“That would be we have found someone who’s perfect for the job of being your new personal secretary.”

Irene smiles “that’s good to hear” and soon turns to look at Joy who slightly bows as a thank you for saving their relationship. “How about you Joy? I know you were searching with Yeri to find one for Wendy.”

Joy clears and hesitantly speaks “Yes we’ve found one for Wendy as well.”

Yeri and Joy giggle at her knowing how she tends to speak with a small voice.

“Can we get the names of our new secretaries?” Irene ask.

Yeri smiles “We will give you guys their profiles tomorrow as they have not handed that part in. We were doubtful at first but their commitment and knowledge is great.”

“Ok” Irene replied.

Unfortunately neither Irene nor Wendy saw the slight hint of mischievous in Yeri’s eyes because only Joy and her knew that trouble and excitement that was on their way to YG and SM.


________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry for the late update and I decided to update this one since I don’t have any material for my first one. Anyway, how have you guys been? I’ve been fine since my cousins are staying longer so more dancing and music jamming. Thanks for taking time to actually read my stories

Don’t worry I know I’m the best writer but I think I’m improving (probably not tbh)

I should also apologize for yet another edition of background info. I was going to introduced the Kangs this chapter but I figured I would let you guys learn something new about wenrene since I had hinted at them being a former couple in the previous chapter. So don’t forget to either subscribe, up vote, comment or share. Silent readers are welcomed as well. I will also start to give shouts to some subscribers since I haven’t gotten a good look at you guys since I’ve started writing.

First shout outs goes to
toncanan, KuroEba and for the last two shout out goes to hami123
and invicarious who is also a fellow writer as well (I highly recommend you check out his content because he has some pretty good stories)
Have fun, stay healthy & safe and enjoy life

Kura out~
P.S. sorry for the long A/N.