In too Deep

Twins

A/N: First things first. We made it to 50 subs! That's freaking awesome dudes! And not mention we got a couple upvotes is really awesome too. I must apologize because all of my free time is being spent everywhere else but writing since I have been focusing on recovering from the injury. I can walk again!! Thank god because I felt bad for my family members taking care of me. Aside from that I will do my best to update as much as possible. Otherwise sometime today or early tomorrow morning I will have the next update down below. Btw before I post this the only spoiler (whether you consider it one of not) I apologize to fans of f(x) & Krystal. Just saying this because I don't like hate because its not pretty at all man. Besides that enjoy the chapter below (once it gets here), have a good day/night and stay happy, healthy and safe 

Kura out~

 

Its out enjoy the chapter below guys!! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Chapter 5

 

(Present) 

 

"There we go all cleaned up" Seulgi says as she cleans the rest of Irene's face. Slowly Irene opens her eyes to see the girl whose looks never changed she still looked like a bear with beautiful and soft skin with a new hair color. 

 

"I'm surprised you wanted to look like an orangutan with that hair color" Irene says with a smile on her face. 

 

Seulgi smiles "and your grey ash hair color brings to even closer to being bugs bunny grandma edition." Irene can't help but laugh at that comment. The two decide to sit on a nearby bench away from any invisible banana peels.  

 

As they continued to talk as if they were best friends, Irene noticed that these two years apart have been good to Seulgi. Her smile and bright energy was still contagious, her abs seemed more refined than before and her eyes looked....darker as if 

 

Seulgi chuckled "yes my life went spiraling downhill after you left me." Irene just stayed silent the entire time looking away from Seulgi wondering if she should say something or anything for that matter. 

 

Seulgi lifted her chin towards her again "Don't be sorry you weren't the one who started, it was that piece of crap I pummeled in front of you" she said with sincerity. 

 

Irene immediately broke eye contact to think about what she should ask knowing that Wendy somehow started her downfall in life since she was the first thing Seulgi lost. 

 

"You remember my step sister Krystal?" Seulgi asks while she stares at the sky. 

 

Irene nods 'how can I forget the person who drove me to leave you.'  

 

"Well turns out you were right about her the first time. She did have a crush on me but she managed to put her feelings aside because I never looked at her the same way I looked at you back then. But then Wendy managed to convince her to pursue me since she was going to get back together with you." 

 

Irene's eyes widen "how did Wendy know your step sister?" 

 

"College in the states" Seulgi replied. 

 

Seulgi turns to face Irene "About 9 months after we broke up, I finally able to accept her feelings for me as I was sure that you weren't coming back to me any time soon. Our parents who were married ended up getting a mutual divorce because they wanted us to date each other when we told them about our relationship."

 

"That was very kind of them" Irene smiles at least knowing that Seulgi was happy despite their break up being the worst day of her life. "They were both very kind people" Irene said. 

She remembered the times Seulgi's parents spared their time and money helping good causes spread word of their good deeds and doing volunteer work. 

 

Seulgi sighed and took a deep breath.

 

"Lucky for us the divorce was still in progress of being filed so it got canceled" Seulgi said.

 

Irene tilted her head in confusion and turned her body to face Seulgi. She was too busy remembering the good Seulgi's parents did for the people around them. "What happened?" she asked. Curiosity took over and she started to wonder how bad did Seulgi's life was after them. 

 

"Do you want to know?" Seulgi asks. Irene nodded as a reply. 

 

"Alright then" *deep breath* "she died in a car accident a week before the divorce papers were released."

 

Irene immediately covered with her hands and tried to cover her face before Seulgi placed her hand over Irene's. "Don't be sad I know you might not have liked her but I'm happy you tolerated her." 

 

Irene just looked into the dark brown eyes of Seulgi as tears started to form on her eyes. None fell since Kang was kind enough to wipe them but something kept her starting into Seulgi's eyes. Something hit her gut and kept her stare on the dark brown eyes of Seulgi. 

 

Seulgi giggles "She was right about you too" she smiles and looks away from Irene. 

 

"Who was right about me?" Irene wasn't sure what Seulgi was getting into it was almost if she was going insane. 

 

"Soojung” Seulgi says.

 

Irene looks away from Seulgi to stare at the sky 'I have only meet her 3 times what could she be right about?'

 

"Before I forget here you go" Seulgi says handing an envelope with Irene's real name Bae Joohyun on it. 

 

Irene grabs the envelope from the latter's hand "what's this?" she asks. 

 

"It’s from Soojung herself she wrote letters to the most important people in her life and you're are one of them" 

 

Irene stands up and stares at the envelope "how am I an important person to her?"

 

Seulgi shrugs "rival in love?" 

 

Irene pauses to consider Seulgi's suggestion because it does make sense but the girl never showed obvious signs until the night she cheated on Seulgi. 

 

"Well I got to get going" Seulgi says snapping the latter out of her self-investigation. 

 

"Alright then it was nice to catch up and thanks again" Irene slightly bows showing some respect. 

 

"Make sure you read the letter and I will see you at work" Seulgi says walking off.

 

"Alright I'll se---wait you work at SM now?!" Irene slight raised her voice. 

 

Seulgi turns to smile at the latter "Yeah I'll be working alongside you as I am your new personal assistant."

 

Irene face palms "no wondering you're being so nice. You probably hate me don't you?" 

 

"I don't hate you if anyone deserves hate it’s that rat I pummeled to the ground." 

 

"Wendy..." she mutters. 

 

"Anyway, I will see you tomorrow morning and I look forward to working with you" Seulgi says walking away waving her hand at the latter. 

 

Irene sits back down only to sigh at the past Seulgi had. Seulgi told her it’s not her fault but her thoughts say otherwise 'Why did you keep going out to meet Wendy?' 'Why did you give her another chance' 'Why didn't you confront Seulgi that night?' 'Why did you give up?'

 

All she knows is 'I was the first of the chain.' After contemplating for 10 minutes Irene finishes up her walk through the park and heads back home. 

 

Her home was rather simple a two story house that was filled with her stuff and Wendy's but she moved the latter's stuff out a long time ago. The second floor had two rooms upstairs and the ground floor with a kitchen and a big living room.  No self-portraits or pictures of family were hung up just simple paintings of common objects. She took off her shoes in the hallway and walked toward her sofa in the living room. Placing the envelope on the table in front of her she the TV to relax. 

 

Fortunately for her 'A Hyung I Know' was airing its newest episode featuring Red Velvet sadly her favorite member was busy with her own schedule but she watched it nonetheless.

 Too bad the group would never find out who the favorite of the CEO was otherwise Irene would be fired faster than a bullet being fired. Although Heechul cracks smoking jokes all the time on the show she laughed knowing it’s his real personality not some persona other idols have.  

Time flies by as the show comes to end since its only part 1 of a 2 part special. She turns off the tv and gets up to walk to shower but turns around to look back at the envelope. 

 

'You know what better I get this out of way now while I think about it before I don't bother with it at all' Irene thinks to herself as she opens up the letter that’s personally addressed to her. 

 

 

Dear Bae Joohyun,

by time you read this my time might be up. Before your mind goes wondering off, no I am not talking about my death but rather the death of my vision. Ever since I was in middle school I had to wear glasses despite the number of visits to the eye doctor it was determine that I have a terminal illness. It’s rare since it’s supposed to happen later in life when we are all grandmas but I got unlucky. Ever since then I decided to write to those who are important in my life.

                 I had written ever important letter but if I am being honest I don’t know what to you write for yours. Sure it’s going to seem like I am just babbling but it is true because we don’t know much about each other. You are important to me because you’re Seulgi’s only one. You must have forgotten the dance Seulgi and I performed at the musical festival. All that hard work you wasted since you sprained your ankle and I had to fill in for you. Although we won that competition, I knew I had no shoot with Seulgi and yet I still tried. Her eyes, lips and nose aren’t meant for me to have but you, my rival. Naturally I backed off and gave space to her despite being her step sister. I assume you then know how that all changes because of Wendy who I meet in college. After that I spent time trying to ignite the flame Seulgi once had and yesterday I got the confirmation that I wanted. She kissed me after our 5th date on the cheek. I was hoping for more but progress is progress. However, what I thought was progress turned out to be her falling even further. I don’t know if you will feel any type of pain when you read this but Seulgi stabbed her right arm. Despite it happening once I fear she might do it again if she falls further. Seul thinks I don’t know about that little freak show but I saw and heard everything that came out of . Down below I am going to write my email address and password. My last wishes to you are in there on a self-mail titled “Only One.” If you don’t find it ask Sulli one of your many artist about it but tell her’ code RAS’ so you can skip the whole ‘how did you find out’ phase and Sulli ends telling you nothing. Otherwise the rest of my letter will be in that email. See you then.

Kang Krystal Soojung.



Irene turned the letter around hoping to find a date because she doesn’t recall seeing a stab wound on Seulgi’s arm. The latter was wearing a sleeveless t shirt and comfortable looking skinny jeans. It turns out there’s no date on it. ‘Did Krystal mange to keep Seulgi from doing it again?’ she wonders.  She looks at the letter to run through it again for that email she read about.

“There you are!” she says once she pots the email.
 

She writes the email and password on a post it note and puts in her suitcase for tomorrow.  “I will give Seulgi the day off tomorrow and talk to Sulli.”  

‘Let’s go on this rollercoaster ride through hell.’