Connections

Twins

Chapter 4

 

Sunday, the one day people dread the most why? Simply because it means work is the next day and one tends to look back at their weekend and wonder 'what did I do for fun?'

 

Some are satisfied and others aren't with their weekend activities. As for Irene and Wendy, they'll be meeting their new personal secretary instead of relaxing at home.

Irene walks through the park at a rather slow pace to take in the scenery and breathe in the fresh air. Enjoying the simple moment where she can be herself Bae Joohyun and not CEO Bae Irene of SM.

The color that reflects off the leaves and glass windows makes it feel like fall in the midst of Spring. A light breeze flows through on occasion showing off the beauty of the scene. Irene's strides slowly become larger and turns into skipping as if she's a kid back in Daegu.

The light breeze causes her hair to cover the girl's face causing the latter to trip into a small pool of dirty water.

Irene stands up immediately and begins to shake her hands to get off any dirt.

 

Just as the girl was going to open her eyes a familiar voice calls out.

 

"Don't open your eyes and don't move" the voice says.

 

Irene turns towards the voice and doesn't move. Part of her wants to run but she stands still knowing she'll just run into more trouble the minute she dashes off.

 

"You're lucky I happen to have a towel on me, now did you put make up?" the voice asks.

 

Irene can only nod as a response.

 

"alright, let's get this beautiful face of yours cleaned up can't have the goddess Baechu looking like a mess" the voice says with a smirk.

 

Irene is panicking internally because only one person on the planet earth who calls her Baechu on a consistent bases--Kang Seulgi.

 

(Flashback)

 

'I'm sorry Seulgi' were the last words before Irene had gotten back together with Wendy 2 years ago. When Wendy came back from Canada she came with the intention of picking up her relationship with Irene in addition to a lot of determination. She ended up succeeding at the cost of Seulgi using the girl to get to Irene.

 

Causing rifts in their relationship when she started to appear in front of Irene and taking her on dates which ended in a deep kiss with Seulgi out of sight and out of mind.

 

'You can't just come back and expect things to go your way!' Irene yells. Wendy just stares at girl with smirk forming 'doesnt matter how long you've been with her, I'm the one who you will end up with' and with that Wendy kissed the girl and pushed the kiss deeper. Strawberry, the flavor Wendy missed while she was in Canada. Irene tried to push Wendy off of her only to no avail because she was overwhelmed.

 

Things got out of hand when this event occurred not once, not twice but on every occasion she would give Wendy a chance to apologize. Only for that to lead to another kiss and attempt to rekindle their relationship.

 

Soon enough the spark was rekindled at a dinner party when Irene caught Seulgi and Soojung dancing very close together as if Soojung was grinding on the bear. Seulgi had turned around and hugged the latter causing Soojung to blush a bright shade of pink. Having seen enough Irene stepped out of the dinner party only to see Wendy.

 

'Like what you saw?' she asks. 'I guess you'---' Wendy says only to get cut off by Irene with a kiss. The two soon moved on to Wendy's apartment and enjoyed one crazy night. From there on, the time Irene spent with Seulgi became less and less. The latter did question her only to get a response saying 'I had to stay late at work.' Too bad the bear didn't realize an evil hamster was about to steal her girlfriend from right under her.

The day of the breakup was the day Kang Seulgi shattered into a million pieces.

 

The day went by well with Seul overseeing the results of her group's work. It wasn't much but if done properly she would get to leave early and see her girlfriend. Seulgi knew it was too early to ask but she wanted to make Irene hers and hers only. Despite the small time they've been spending together she cherished the night time when Irene was always in bed with her.

Clutching the ring in her pocket she starts to exit the room after hearing the praise from her boss about the amazing job she did.

 

She looks up only sigh at the pouring rain and pulls out her umbrella to begin walking. Normally she never walked through the park on her way home but she wanted to get home sooner rather than later and began to get closer to the park entrance.

Walking through the park Seulgi remembers how much she enjoy watching the rain with Irene and smile it puts on her face knowing that she is there to protect her.

 

Seulgi pulls out the ring from out of her pocket to admire its beauty and how it reminds her of Irene. Soon enough she decides to put in the ring in her right pocket and look up only to find Irene and some stranger kissing in the rain under an umbrella.

 

Seulgi stops and moves towards a playground entrance that's close enough to hear the conversation without staring at the couple. 'That must be Wendy' Seulgi whispered to herself. She looks up in the sky and closes her eyes and hopes that Irene will choose to be with her.

 

'I love you Wendy' she hears Irene say. Her eyes widen in shock as she wants to turn around and know why  Irene leaving was her what did she do. She told Irene before that Soojung is her step sister so them being close was only natural.

 

'Have you told her about us?' Wendy asks. 'Not yet but I'll see her tonight and tell her. I'll leave what I have at her place because we never moved in together so most of my stuff is back at my old apartment.'

 

'How convenient' Seulgi thinks to herself.'Looks like I've lost her to that Wendy.' Seulgi takes a deep breathe, turns around and began walking towards the couple dropping her umbrella along the way.

 

Irene looks up from Wendy's eyes only to spot Seulgi moving towards them. Irene kept her arms around Wendy's neck and she stares into the eyes of Seulgi, they've  grown darker, cold and heartbreak was evident on the latter's face. Her arms slowly unwrap from Wendy's neck, leaving the latter confused.

 

Wendy turns towards the same direction only to be tackled and punched in the face and all Irene could is just watch Seulgi beat the crap out of Wendy. First a right hand then a left and repeat. Irene managed to stop Seulgi when Wendy started to bleed.  

 

Seulgi  looks up from an beaten down Wendy to see Irene with tears in eyes. She gets off of Wendy and walks over to Irene.

'Why did you do it Irene?' Seulgi asks walking over.

 

'I'm sorry Seulgi' were the only Irene could say because she didn't know why but she solidified her choice when Seulgi left and she did not follow.

 

Seulgi grabbed her umbrella to prevent herself from being soaked further and remembers the ring. She goes into her pocket and takes it out to look at it once more. She sees Irene is attending to Wendy who's vision is still blurry from those punches.

'I don't know about the future but if we're together its because of this' and with those words she threw the box towards Irene.

After that she turns around and walks away.

 

Irene cleared the tears out of eyes once she finds Seulgi is out of sight. She places Wendy on her lap under the umbrella she took before Wendy got her beat down. Her sight and mind start to wonder whether or not she will come back to this park in Seoul. She looks around and takes in the setting until a small box lands nearby. She walks over, picks it up and puts it in her pocket without second thought. She couldn't tell who it belonged to someone but based on the direction it came from she knew it could've been from Seulgi but choose to keep it anyway  so she shrugged it off for now and began to tend to Wendy until the poor girl woke up.  

 

A/N: A little something something to give you guys while I recover since I had this done prior to my injury it would of been longer but I will make this chapter two parts with some line teasers (or a fluff seuldy chapter if I feel better within a week) in the middle of it I won't make any promises but that's what I will try to do

Stay happy and healthy as well as safe and ill be going to sleep right now so good night to those who will be sleeping and enjoy your day to those who are working,  going to school or doing some kind of activity

 

Kura out~~