Journey to Meet the Kangs--The truth

Twins

Chapter 3

 

--2 weeks ago—

 

“Can’t this day just end?” Joy groans in annoyance as Yeri keeps walking ahead of her within her giant’s arm length.

Yeri stops and turns around “this is the last interview for the day alright?” she says smiling. “Let’s go get dinner after this alright?”

Joy hums in agreement. As Yeri begins to turn around Joy quickly pulls her into a hug which results in giving the giant a slap on the shoulder for it.
 

“Park Sooyoung we can do this when we get home baby” Yeri mumbles leaning into Joy’s neck.

Joy smirks “you know using my real name will make me hold you longer Kim Yerim.”

Yeri continues to bury her face into her lover’s shoulder to hide her blush.

Joy smiles knowing she was Kim Yerim’s one & only weakness and Yerim was hers (despite her undying love for chicken)

Yeri finally pulls away and looks up at Joy, “We got one more block to go before we get there come on.” And before Joy can react Yeri starts running “Hey get back here otherwise you’re paying for dinner” Joy shouts.

Yeri immediately turns around and keeps moving at the same pace “you have seem to forgotten that my satanic powers are greater than yours” she says smiling and turns back around so she doesn’t fall.

Joy smiles in defeat knowing Yeri will make her pay for dinner somehow regardless of the circumstances.

 She’s brought back to reality when she sees Yeri in the distance smiling at her “hurry up slowpoke.”

“Coming.” And with that one word Joy runs to the one who makes her happy.

After stopping at a grocery store for vegetables and then at a traditional market for snacks and meat.

5 minutes of walking realization hits Joy as she looks around to see nothing but a park that seems to stretch for miles along with stores but no homes.

Yeri smiles seeing her girlfriend pouting at how long they have to walk. “We are almost there don’t worry.”

Joy checks her phone for the time 5:20 it reads. She sighs hoping they can be out on time for dinner.

After another 5 agonizing minutes of walking she looks at Yeri who seems to be contemplating her choices in life. She smiles and walks up to her “what’s wrong squirtle” she says swinging her arm around Yeri’s waist.

Yeri hesitates to answer so she just stares into Joy’s eyes as they continue to walk. “I…I—ummmm—“Joy cuts her off with a kiss. Yeri blushes and avoids her lover’s gaze.

Joy smiles and laughs at how shy Yeri can become when it’s just the two of them walking together without the burden of work or reputation of YG and SM on their backs. Sometimes she wishes they could just quit together and start anew somewhere else together.

But then again they meet through Irene and Wendy so she’s grateful for that.

Silences comes in between the two but it’s a pleasant one as both know what the other is feeling. It’s these moments that keeps them together because being able to understand the other without words is something beyond their control as they continue their path together as one.

Joy also understood the other things that Yeri always hints at with her eyes. The biggest one is that a dinner date won’t be happening and the meat they bought wasn’t chicken but rather eel, pork and beef.
 

The next 5 minutes as they continued walking looked like they were in their own world where no one can bother them nor did they notice nine woman who are dressed in beautiful suits fitted for ladies walk beside them in formation.

Reality hits once the time hit 5:30,

Yeri stops walking and holds Joy’s hand that was at her waist.

“What’s wrong?” Joy ask cautiously.

Ignoring what Joy says Yeri looks to see that all nine women continue to walk but at a rather slow pace.

“Is it a trap?” Joy whispers in her when she finally realized what’s happening.

“I don’t think so” Yeri looks around to find a street sign but no avail doesn’t see one.

“When did we pass the last street sign?” Yeri ask Joy who looks puzzled.

“I think we passed one about 7 blocks ago” Joy says.

Never question Yeri, a lesson Joy had to learn the hard way because the younger one can play hard to get when she is annoyed and not to mention and strong fighter to boot.

The nine beautiful woman were still walking at a slow pace keeping their formation while still talking with one another about only god knows what.

“Alright Joy do you trust me?” Yeri looks at her.

Joy stares into Yeri eyes seeing the spark of confidence.

“I do. I trust you with my life jagiya.

Hand in hand they both walk with groceries which weren’t spoiled thanks to the effective packing method the elders used at the market.

Within 3 minutes the couple is back in the middle of the nine women purposely trapping themselves in.

Yeri takes a deep breath before she starts to speak.

“Code: Kim Yerimee, Relationship: Ex-girlfriend of beta, sister of alphas, pin 08114”

Joy eyes widen as the nine women stop moving and turn towards them fearing the unknown of what will happen.

One of the woman approached and took her glasses off “Glad you remembered protocol sister Yerim” she smiles.

Joy is utterly shocked when she took a good look at the woman. “Y----yo---you’re---“

“Seo Ju Hyun yes I am aware of who I am” she says smiling. “Now let’s go meet the people you need to interview.”


Seohyun points to a limo at the end of the block and with a nod the three ladies walk over to the car.

The first few minutes of the car ride are awkward because neither party knows what to say until Yeri speaks up “thanks for coming to get us hyunnie.”

“Anytime kiddo” Seohyun smiles.

“Yah I’m---“

*facepalm*

Seohyun grunts “You’re always going to be a dongsaeng.”

“Alright alright now let get go of my face please?” Yeri asks

Seohyun lets go and smiles at Yeri but not before noticing the shy glares coming Joy.

Seohyun smiles at Joy “I must be intimidating huh?”

Joy just gulps not knowing what to say because the wrong choice of words would get her thrown out of the car without hesitation.

Seohyun sighs and leans back on the cushion of the seat. “If you’re wondering why the area looked like a desert is because people don’t get out of work until 7-7:30.”

Joy nods her head in understanding. Great you lost your only conversation starter way to go Sooyoung she says to herself.

Meanwhile Yeri is just giggling at her giant baby who’s shy all of a sudden. Joy is known across the business world as the devil meaning confidence and a strong will is a need to have list when confronting her.

When it comes down to business, Joy gets the job done not to mention she was given that name because it’s the opposite of how she acts on the job. Others have spread rumors saying that she’s the true CEO of YG because of how nice Wendy is towards guest and making sure they feel comfortable.

Good cop, bad cop works wonders in the business world for Joy and Wendy and yet in front of Seo Ju Hyun it meant nothing. It’s as if an angel or priestess purified her along with all of that hatred and anger inside of her, leaving a shadow of her former self one who can start anew.

Yeri leans over and kisses Joy on the cheek snapping the latter out of her daydream.

Yeri smirks “Don’t tell me you’ve been purified Giant?”

Joy lightly smacks Yeri in the back of head before kissing her forehead “No matter how many times I’ve seen the light, you’re the darkness that keeps in place.”

Seohyun chuckles at the sight of the couple joking with each other. “Hey I didn’t ask for so much cheese on my sandwich.”
 

The atmosphere soon turned bright as all the girls started to talk more comfortably with one another.

Cheesy and lame jokes were enough to make them comfortable around each other for the time being.

“Hey Seohyun”

“What’s up Joy?” Seohyun asks.

“Why did Yeri have to give you guys that run down before you revealed who you are?”

“So that way we know whether or not to contact the owners” Seohyun says nonchalant fashion.

Before Joy can respond the car stops in front of a two story house with a front yard and from the look of things has a backyard as well.

All three ladies step out from the car and walk to the gate only to notice the garden and its beautiful gardener taking care of the flowers.

“waaaaaaaa” the only thing Joy can say before Yeri covers her eyes and mouth using her hands.

Yeri frowns and ends up scolding her “Baby you’re mine remember that!”

“Mhmmm” and with that Joy lifts her hands as if she is making a pledge “I promise to stay loyal to Squirtle, the only one who brightens my day and who’s the best in---“

Yeri immediately removes her hands turning her back to Joy “OK OK OK you’re forgiven.”

Joy smiles knowing she succeed in making Yeri blush.
 

The girl had beautiful short blonde hair almost like a bob. Her curves seemed as god himself was smiling upon her seeing how fit her clothes were. 
 

Her importance features seemed to be her killer legs and beautiful that you just squeeze all day long. 

“Now back to the gardener who is she?” Joy looks at Seohyun can see the slight irritated look on the latter’s face.

Seohyun takes a deep breath and puts a smile on her face. “She is---“

“The proud girlfriend of Seo Ju Hyun, one of Korea’s nine beauties” the girl says standing up from her knees.
 

She took off her gloves and walked over to gate. “Here let me open this for ya.”

She unlocks the gate and ushers the ladies instead before locking the gate closed.

 
The girl turns around to face the others “The name’s Choa, nice to meet you and it’s awesome to see you here Seo Yerim”

Joy remained silent at hearing the words “Seo Yerim.”

Joy looks at her rather immediately without saying words trying to find some confirmation that Choa got her name right.

Yeri looked at her and smirks “Guess it’s about time I reintroduce myself but I’ll do that once we go inside Giant” she kisses the latter on the cheek and runs inside the house.

Sure Joy is surprised but that’s on her face isn’t the look at someone surprised but of disgust and displeasure this used me?! *She chuckles bitterly* I guess she never trusted me to begin with. Seo Yerim, Kim Yerim or whoever you really are—what you’ve done is truly cruel. She says internally.
 

“I’m sorry but I am going to leave now that my life is crumbling before me” Joy says as she turns towards to gate.

“Don’t worry I’ll remember you as a giant idiot Park Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung turns to see Seohyun’s eye glaring at her. But there’s something beyond her glare something deeper is pushing her to stay and hear the truth.
 

“H-ho—how do you know my name?” Joy ask hesitantly.

Seohyun looks at Joy seeing the broken look in her eyes but smiles knowing that it’s not too late for dongsaeng

“Because you’re the only one my sister wants to be with” she says in a calm matter.  

Good things always come out of bad things—a phrase Yeri has told her to the point where it’s engraved in her memory and heart.

Joy smiles bitterly guessing that the latter knew this day was going to come.

 

Joy looks up to meet Seohyun’s gaze and confidently tell her “I’ll go inside then.”

Both smiles and turn to walk towards the door with Choa clinging onto Seohyun’s arm.

 

 

A/N: Part one of a double update to make up for being gone for nearly a month. I was absent due to friends dragging me out of home (literally) Its being split into parts so it can be easy on your eyes and mind