Baby

Baby

“Jinnie?” Junjin heard the worried voice on the other side and sat up. “I kinda need you to come to the company…” Dongwan told.

“What has happened?” Junjin asked.

“It’s about Andy,”

Junjin had hurried up from the bed, grabbed some random clothes from the armchair and hurried out of the apartment, getting rest of his clothes on. So this was it…everyone knew about his and Andy’s drunken night. Or…his and Andy’s semi-drunk night. That was why Dongwan had called, because Eric was too angry to talk to them and Dongwan was far more tranquil than the leader. The maknaes were screwed.

The managers had been informed since Junjin’s was waiting for him outside in front of his car, holding a cup of coffee in his hand. Junjin did not say a word, the manager didn’t say a word, and they both just entered the car. The drive to ShinCom entertainment wasn’t long at all, and shortly Junjin had to collect himself and step out of the car to face the angry hyungs.

“Finally you’re here,” Dongwan hugged him quickly.

“What’s going on?” Junjin frowned, when the older man grabbed his hand and pulled him to the negotiation room.

Andy sat at the end of the table, other hyungs surrounding him, as they were staring at him in aghast. Had he opened up already? Had he told about the night they had spent 4 months ago? Were they all angry at the fair-skinned man?

“You should sit down Junjin,” Andy said softly, voice shivering.

“Andy…what…what’s up?” The other maknae questioned.

Eric’s hand suddenly squeezed his coffee cup, the dark liquid pouring down the knuckles, as he sat up and slammed his other fist to the surface of the desk.

“That can’t be true!” he growled.

“Hyung…”

“Pick your stuff. We will go to the supermarket.” Eric marched out of the room.

 

Junjin was confused. Even during the drive to the nearest and most trustworthy (as Eric had put it) supermarket no one had told him what was going on. He had been just pulled to their big van and seated down next to Andy, who was constantly being embraced by Hyesung and Minwoo. They were taking turns, soothing the crying younger man, while Junjin could feel the desire to break down into tears and admit that he had slept with Andy.

But instead he stayed quiet.

“Get out,” Eric muttered, yanking Andy out of the van.

“Eric, you should be careful,” Minwoo said weakly, watching Dongwan go and hold the man.

Hearing that, the leader stopped yanking and let go of the shirt. Andy had red spots all over his face, his lips being swollen and sore, when they all advanced the supermarket. It wasn’t even 9am yet, but there were cars driving past the 7/11.

“What is going on?” Junjin whimpered finally.

“Nothing, Jinnie,” Hyesung smiled at him, even though the smile was weak and not genuine.

Andy was escorted (or like Eric did it; yanking) to the one section of the shop and they all turned to look at the shelves. Various kinds of pregnancy tests paraded in front of them. Junjin was extremely bewildered now, scowling so badly that it hurt his forehead.

“Hyung…” Andy was inaudible.

Eric was checking the boxes, the most serious look on his face ever, as he read the backside and threw the test back if it didn’t satisfy his wants. Minwoo was holding Andy, wiping his tears, while Hyesung tried to be optimistic and see the bright side in this.

“You always wanted kids,” He said. “So at least that is good. Now you don’t have to worry,”

Andy cried even harder, realising that the hardest times would start when the baby was born. He was already stressed. Eric was mumbling things out loud, being totally pissed, while Dongwan tried to wake less attention. Junjin felt pain in his guts, when Andy cupped his face, and then tried to choose one of the tests, but got slapped by Eric.

“No,” the leader spoke. “We need the most trustworthy one.”

“But…”

“Shut up.” Eric cut him.

The hyungs kept babbling away around him, when Andy finally flipped out, grabbed a test and walked to the counters to pay it. The oldest guys followed him silently (except Eric who wanted to protest the choice), and tramped towards the car.

 

“Do it,” Eric forced.

“I…I don’t know how,” Andy stuttered.

“You know how to get pregnant but you don’t know how to pee on a stick?!” Junjin’s heart jumped into his throat and he lifted his head from the infinite bow.

“Andy’s…pregnant?” He stammered.

“YES THE HE IS! OBSERVE YOUR SURROUNDINGS JUNJIN FOR ’S SAKES!” The oldest member screamed, and pushed Andy inside the bathroom with the stick, while Junjin was shouted at.

They waited in an excruciating silence, until Eric knocked on the door and Andy yelled, “IN A MINUTE!” They all backed away from the door when it was opened and the maknae exited. Eric grabbed him by the shoulders and glowered at him.

“Well?”

“I…I didn’t dare to look.” Andy admitted.

Eric grabbed the stick from him, lifted it in front of his eyes and then heaved a long and angry sigh.

“Congratulations…at least we’re having a next generation…” he said sarcastically, and dropped the stick to the floor like it wasn’t an important thing.

Andy broke down again, for the hundredth time and the mommy bird hugged him, glaring at Eric once again because everyone was getting slowly done by him. Dongwan and Minwoo the sides, murmuring ‘everything will be fine. We will figure it out’ to the maknae.

Junjin’s breathing hitched.

 

They decided to go to the doctor in case the test wasn’t as sure as they thought. Dongwan had told Andy to do that before they all even knew, but Andy had wanted to tell everyone and do a test before going. In case they were all panicking for nothing and the test didn’t show accuracy in the end.

Still Andy hugged Hyesung really tightly like not wanting to let go. Junjin plodded behind them all, suddenly feeling guilt even more, reminiscing upon what had happened. He was too scared to say anything, he had a huge lump in his throat making talking difficult, and he did not really know what he could’ve said. Only Minwoo was deadly silent too now.

Hyesung was scared, and everyone knew Dongwan was strong and didn’t show his worry until it was the right time. They all entered the hospital, wrote down Andy’s information and waited until the doctor finally called them all to the room.

Dongwan dealt with the talking, Eric kept scoffing, and Hyesung tried to make Andy feel helped. Minwoo stared at the floor blankly and Junjin was still so ing confused but still so aware.

The doctor did something around Andy for a while, and then he spoke.

“Congratulations.”

 

It was true. Andy was pregnant. They all stood in the room and stared at the maknae, who had no idea how that had happened. Of course through , but with whom? Eric was angry, clenching his fists and gritting his teeth, wanting it all to be just a bad dream where he hadnt woken up yet. But since it had been for a while now that Andy had felt sick, Eric knew it wasn’t a nightmare.

“Who is the father?” Hyesung whispered, still hugging Andy.

Andy was crying already, and Junjin was even more silent now. Had anyone even noticed he was in the room? Someone might have thought, if they hadn’t seen Minwoo tapping his shoulder. But it seemed like Junjin did not notice he was being noticed, as his eyes were only at the monitor that had a picture of the baby.

“I don’t know hyung,” Andy sobbed.

“Don’t know, or don’t want to tell us?” Eric snapped at the youngest member, receiving glares from Hyesung.

“I don’t want to bother anyone,” Andy murmured and bowed his head down.

Junjin felt the pain in his heart and stomach and everywhere, as the picture of his future kid was saved to his mind. Yes, the baby was his. That was why he was quiet. He was shocked, and scared, and couldn’t understand at all. And it was obvious Andy did not want him to be the father of this kid. He would have already told him if he had wanted the baby with him.

“You just sleep around with random guys?!” Eric shouted, the doctor shushing him so he wouldn’t stress out the future dad. “How can you be so careless?” The leader mumbled.

“I’m sorry,” Andy repeated for the umpteenth time, oblivious of Eric’s hate towards that word. “I’m so sorry hyung,” the maknae whispered.

Junjin wanted to hug him, tell him that he would be by his side and would not leave until the baby was grown up, but he could not move. Besides…Andy did not want him, he already knew that. The arm twitched, but Junjin didn’t reach it to the maknae.

“I will find a way.” Andy promised.

“Mr. Lee,” the doctor took off his glasses. “We need to do some checkups many times a week…it seems like your child is too small.”

The lump in Junjin’s throat grew bigger.

 

Andy entered ShinCom entertainment after the second week of finding out that he is pregnant and encountered Junjin in the hallway.

“Oh, Jinnie,” Andy smiled.

“H…Hi,” Junjin waved awkwardly.

“What’s up?” The maknae interrogated.

Junjin rubbed his neck, avoiding looking into the eyes, as he said, “I…I was interested to know…how did the checkup go?”

Andy blinked his eyes and then placed his hands onto the belly and smiled. That meant well, at least in Junjin’s dictionary, as he grinned too. It was difficult to pretend like the kid wasn’t his, but he did anything for Andy. He had promised that to himself.

“The baby is small, but the doctor said she will grow.” Andy blushed suddenly. “If I had known when I had conceived her that I will get pregnant, I wouldn’t have partied, drunk and smoked cigarettes that much. Also, it has been kinda stressful so I’m exhausted.” He explained.

“Oh,” Junjin nodded. “Wait a minute. A…a girl?”

Andy chuckled and rubbed the belly.

“She is a feisty little girl. She will survive if she has come to her father,” He commented.

Junjin flushed dark red.

“Her father?”

“Well, yeah…I mean I am not much of an enduring person so she has to come to the one who conceived her.” Andy smiled.

Junjin exhaled.

“But you are very enduring,” he whispered. “Much more enduring than any of us.” He added.

“Really?” Andy asked.

Junjin nodded and then suddenly flinched. “Ah! I bought something for your baby.” He began to dig his bag, as he pulled out a pacifier and a baby bottle. “I wanted to buy you a present…as a…as a—“ he stopped talking.

“As a friend?”

“Yeah…a friend…” Junjin gave the pacifier and the bottle to the dad and sighed.

Andy looked at them and gasped like he had gotten something wonderful, and then put them into his bag. He raised his head and grinned.

“Thank you Jinnie,” he said, hugged the taller man and advanced Eric who was calling him.

 

 

It was two weeks to due date and Andy’s apartment was full off stuff. He had not bought any of the stuff, but Junjin had. Andy liked getting gifts, he could admit that, and it had been difficult to move when the baby had finally started to grow. So Andy had shown his gratitude to Junjin when they had met last time.

The maknae was in the middle of his strange pregnant person exercising, when his doorbell was rung. Andy thanked the god, switched off the television and stepped off the exercise ball and approached the door. He peeked through the peeking hole and saw Junjin.

“Hi, Jinnie, what is up?” He greeted him with a question.

“I…I know I have bought you a lot of stuff lately, but I know there is something you are missing,” Before Andy could ask Junjin hurried to the elevator and pulled out a beautiful set of strollers.

Andy gasped.

“I realised I hadnt bought you strollers.” Junjin rubbed his neck. “So I went and found this amazing set. See? You have room for extra clothing, food and bags underneath, and you have your own cup holder.” He touched the handles. “And!!” he crouched down. “You can click this button and this curtain opens and your baby can sleep.” The tall man explained.

Andy stared at him.

“What do you think?” Junjin grinned.

“Junjin…why…why are you buying all of this to me? I should be the one taking care of myself as I did this to myself. You don’t have to do these things to me.” Andy replied.

“It is my duty…as…as a…”

“As a member?” Andy blinked his eyes.

“Yeah…”

“Jinnie honey…” Andy cupped the face. “You don’t have to do this to me. Really. I can do everything alone…” he then glanced at the stroller. “…I will still keep that.”

Junjin nodded and bowed his head down, hands trembling when they landed onto the belly. Andy looked down and then put his hands onto his.

“It is uncle Jinnie.” He spoke to the baby girl inside.

Junjin heaved a sigh.

 

 

The hyungs were sitting outside, hands laced, eyes wide, as they heard the maknae screaming inside the room with the doctor. They could hear him curse, chant for God, and help, while someone was trying to soothe him, and tell him that his baby was coming out really soon. Junjin was only one uneasy, walking back and forth, biting his thumbnail nervously.

“Jin ah, sit down,” Hyesung murmured softly.

“I can’t.”

“You make us all uneasy.” Minwoo told.

“Why are you so uneasy? The kid isn’t yours.” Eric muttered and covered his face with his palms.

Dongwan glimpsed at the baby bird who looked at the leader weirdly, and then put his hand onto the oldest guy’s shoulder. Junjin bowed his head back down and continued walking back and forth, constantly checking the clock.

“Seriously Jinnie…sit down onto your !” Eric stood up. “You make me nervous.”

Minwoo suddenly cackled, “If this were a drama, we would now find out that Junjin is the father.”

The baby bird halted his steps and looked over his shoulder at the hyung. Eric could not laugh and he was about to say something, when the screaming inside the room ended and the door was opened. Junjin hurried to it, panting, and right behind him were all his hyungs.

“Mr. Lee is sleeping,” The doctor said. “You can see the baby.”

They all tiptoed inside the room where the baby girl was put down next to the maknae. And she had just stopped crying. She was still very tiny, tinier than a baby has ever been (in their eyes), and she was eyes wide open when the unfamiliar faces appeared.

“Holy ,” Eric and Minwoo said out loud. “It is like we’re looking at Junjin.”

The baby bird cringed.

Abruptly the hyungs raised their heads and stared at the second youngest member with big eyes, finally getting to the last page of the interesting book. The look on Eric’s face was expressionless while he advanced the fair-skinned member, and just habitually raised his fist and slammed it hard against Junjin’s cheek.

Hyesung threw his arms around Eric’s chest when he had punched Junjin enough. He should have done that earlier, but Eric had pushed him away. Only when Junjin had stopped fighting back, Hyesung had jumped onto the leader and had pulled him off. Junjin sat up. His nose and lip were bleeding, the cheek bruising and growing, when the doctor stomped his foot and glared at the leader.

“I do not know what is going on, but you better settle this thing outside.” Eric marched out of the room and Junjin followed him, as they banged the door closed and the baby burst into tears.

 

“Hyung,”

“Did you just…decide not to tell us?!” Eric roared.

“No, that wasn’t the deal, hyung. I…I just…Andy did not want me to be the father.” Junjin explained.

“What? Nonsense!!”

“No, really! Hyung! He doesn’t want the baby with me! I want the baby. I want it from the bottom of my heart. I want to raise it! But I am not allowed to, and I respect Andy’s decision.” Junjin babbled.

Eric was back at him, hand on the wall, head bowed.

“I respected his choice…” Junjin repeated.

“So that was why you bought him all those things…” Eric said, and then chuckled. “We should have guessed.”

Junjin looked down at his feet.

“Hyung…It hurts.”

Eric turned around when he heard the younger man sobbing. The anger was gone from his face when he saw the face that had been worn out and shocked for weeks. Finally Junjin was allowed to cry. He was finally able to cry to someone.

“It hurts.” Junjin said.

“What does?”

“Not…not to be wanted.”

“Jin ah…”

Junjin bit his cheeks, and covered his eyes with the back of his hand, crying onto it like it made a shield appear and no one know what was going on. Eric stepped closer.

“I am her father…” Junjin bemoaned.

Eric sighed.

“It hurts…” Junjin whimpered. “…not to be wanted.”

“Jinnie…” The baby bird took the handoff of his face. “You should talk to Andy…about what you want.”

The younger man sniffed.

“Really?” he asked.

“Yeah.” The leader nodded. “You should be able to be with her…too.”

Junjin looked so vulnerable, as his shoulders wiggled and the lips were parted. The blood was still coming out from the nose and the lip and the cheek was even bigger than before, when he extended his arms and hugged the older man. Eric exhaled and then tapped the back of the head.

“Come. Let’s go back inside.”  

 

An hour later Andy finally woke up. He saw Hyesung beside the bed talking to Dongwan and Minwoo, and then he saw Eric leaning to a wall and Junjin—

“What happened!?” Andy panicked, sitting up and reaching his arm to Junjin, who had some ban-aids on his face.

“Eric hyung taught me a lesson,” Junjin chuckled somewhat sadly.

Andy glared at Eric angrily and then asked, “Why?”

The fair-skinned man opened his mouth, but closed it as soon as it had gaped, and just exhaled upset. He then flashed a smile and just shook his head.

“It was nothing,” Junjin responded.

Eric glanced at the tallest member slightly quizzically, but realised that Junjin had made his decision now. Also, it was maybe better not to talk about one casual night 9 months ago, since Andy was still on drugs and sleepy. It would have been risky to start talking about anything now.

The baby girl was brought back to the room now as Andy had finally woken up, and she was passed to the man who rubbed his eyes and couldn’t believe that that small tiny thing had given him so much pain for hours. As soon as she was on Andy’s level, the smile on his face faded and he stared at the confused, quite familiar face. It couldn’t be a coincidence, since Andy hadn’t got genes like that. So he shifted his gaze secretly to the bruised Junjin and then the baby.

“Oh…my…god…” Andy mouthed.

“Awww, the look on Andy’s face when he sees his baby for the first time.” Minwoo said softly and grabbed a picture with his phone. “What do you think?”

The maknae lifted his head and said the first thing that came into his mind, “Confused.”

“Why?” Dongwan furrowed his eyebrows.

“Did…did they give me the wrong baby or why…why does she look like--?” In that moment Andy’s eyes grew bigger.

The night…the night he had been with someone…someone he had known…it was—he looked at Junjin, Junjin was looking at him, and then the gaze went back to the tiny baby girl.

“It was you…” Andy sighed, staring at Junjin again.

“I…” Junjin was suddenly shocked. “I thought you…you knew.” He stuttered.

“I didn’t…” Andy whispered. “You…you knew all along?”

The older man gulped and then nodded, not knowing if Andy would be mad or not. But the maknae just smiled and let out a weird happy sound as he nuzzled his nose with the baby girl’s. Minwoo rubbed his hands together for a while, wanting to say something, when Dongwan stood up and said, “Why don’t you two kiss?”

Junjin flushed dark red and threw his arms back and forth.

Andy was immersed with the baby, but his ears got pinkish too.

“Yah,” Hyesung slapped Dongwan’s arm. “Stop being ero.”

“Asking someone to kiss isn’t eroness.” Dongwan defended himself and was pushed towards the door.

Eric grabbed a hold on his neck and pulled him with him, while Minwoo was giggling and following the other hyungs out. Junjin stood up from the chair and desired to give alone time to Andy and his daughter and flashed a smile to him. A hand wrapped around his hand.

“She is your kid too…” Andy murmured.

“Yeah, but…”

“So…stay with me.” The maknae said. “And don’t say I don’t want it, because I could use some help…” he blushed adorably.

Junjin laughed and sat down to the chair, casually leaning down and pecking the lips. Andy pecked back and then gazed the girl.

“I’m happy it was you…” Andy mumbled silently. “…really happy.”

THE END