Brunch

Right Guy Wrong Time

“Would you stop that please?”
Sohee’s patience had reached its end and she glares at her widely grinning boyfriend.
 “What?” Who dares to act all innocent.
“Stop looking at me like that!”
“Like what?”
Jiyong countered shamelessly, still grinning brightly.
Which leads her to point at him, and his white flashy teeth.
“Your smile, it’s suspicious!”
“How can smiling be suspicious?”
“It’s not smiling, it the way you smile, it’s suspicious. You know like when you have a toddler and it’s suddenly quiet, or puppies when they don’t greet you at the door. You are acting weird and it’s creeping me out!”
“I’m just happy!”
He defended.
“Can’t I be happy, when we for once, both have a schedule free day ahead?”
She didn’t believe him, not a single bit, there was just something fishy about it, his over excitement and the way he barely could keep still. But she let it slip for the moment, for the sake of her own brunch. Well, that was until his phone demanded his attention and he almost jumps in his seat. He even started chuckling! It was odd, and it made her uncomfortable.
“Are you having an affair?”
This time her voice didn’t sound annoyed. It almost falters as if she was generously afraid of his answer.
“WHAT?!”
Now, it was Jiyong who felt dumbfounded and wronged.
“How could you even think such a nonsense?!”
“You are beaming at your phone, you are secretive and come to think of it, you were hiding stuff from me all week. And now you are just acting all weird. It scares me …”
She mutters carefully.
“Oh Sohee, I would never.
I’m really just excited to spend the day with you, and that’s all there is.”
Of course, there was more to it, but he absolutely couldn’t let her know. It was hard to hide something as big as this from here, especially since she always had been an observant and sensitive woman. She seemed to sense if something was wrong with him, so her being doubtful didn’t really surprise him. But accusing him of cheating that caught him a little off guard.
He waited, till she focused on her food again, and then he let his fingers carefully slip in his pocket. It was still there, round, cold, delicate, perfect. He could feel the edgy stone, it was rather pricey he had to admit but if she would love it, it was worth it.
He didn’t want to ask her in front of everyone, didn’t want to pressure her into a decision. After all, he needed a long time to be sure about this too.
“You know if you don’t want, we don’t have to spend the day searching for an apartment. I mean if you aren’t ready. Just please don’t stand me up, or break up with me in front of a broker. I don’t think I could ever recover from that.”
She was obviously still wary, which made him wonder if he was a little too distant lately. But then again he had a lot of extra work to do since today everything needed to be perfect. He had already found the perfect flat, close to his agency, not too far from hers either. Though he did hope he could change her mind and she would sign up under his as well.
It’s big and bright, and perfect for newlyweds without children, as the roof deck might be a little dangerous for toddlers, but it was the perfect place for a proposal.
Just thinking about it made him grin brightly, spending the rest of his life faithful to her, didn’t sound bad or scary at all. Not if it was her. Of course, he was nervous and anticipating her reaction. But then again aside from his career choice he never felt as sure about anything. Yes, of course, there was this little anxiety left in him. What if she said no? But the majority in him knew she wouldn’t, the way she had searched for his hand in reassurance just now. A silent promise of her to always be there for him. Honestly the worst part, he knew they would have to face very too soon, was moving. He hated moving. Luckily he knows enough dirty secrets on a lot of people to enslave them into voluntarily relocation assistance, and he would use this given power shamelessly. Daesung and Yongbae were exceptional great lifters, and Seunghyun was good enough to carry the stuff which wasn’t necessary breakable. Seungri, on the other hand, was best to keep away from his wardrobe or else he might end up missing one or two of his favorite pieces.
“you are doing it again …”
She muses this time a little less stressed, as he was still holding her hand, and he had this distant yet loving look in his eyes.
“Oh I was just thinking about our future, I mean I hope we will find something that satisfies your high standards today.”
It made her snort and she glared at him playfully.
“you know, in case you need a reminder, you were the one turning down the previous fifteen. It wasn’t bright enough, it wasn’t central enough, not close enough to your agency, hasn’t had an acoustic great spare room for composing, only one bathroom, nor a spare room for guests… I was worried that you may have changed your mind about moving together.”
“No. I haven’t, and I’m sure this time it will be perfect.”

 

 

 


If you like Heedragon/Ghee you may also like my other story [here]
my NaNoWriMo-Project (starting October 2016) [here]
& my graphic contribution for this loving couple [here]