Paper Cut

Right Guy Wrong Time

 

 

Jiyong glares at the picture which he must admit looked gorgeous. They made a formidable chick couple and he absolutely hated it. If someone was allowed to make a chick couple, then it obviously had to be him, especially with her!
“You could have told me earlier!” he snarled still grim about it.
Seunghyun on the other side just finished his coffee, unaffected by the grudge of the mighty dragon.

“It wouldn’t have change-”
He didn’t get to end his sentence because he surely almost got hit by a magazine shoved in his face.
“Why is your face so close to hers in this picture?”
It took him a while to focused on the said pictures.
“It’s not even that close,” he mused and tried hard to hide his amusement.
“And here! Why are your hands so touchy touchy and all over her!”

“Jiyong, you act as if the two of you are still dating”
Those words worked like a charm and was an invisible slap in his face, as the younger quieted down in an instant.
True they weren’t, this woman wasn’t his anymore, and and friend was just doing his job. Yet it was painful to see the two of them out of all people.

“How is she? Did she say anything, I mean about me… ?”
To his dismay, the oldest in the group shook his head.
“Nope, we were trying to make this as less awkward as possible. So I think we both figured that you wouldn’t be such a good topic for a conversation.”
Seunghyun smiled at him apolitically,
“but as far as I can judge she seemed to be happy.”
“Is that so….”
It sounded absent-minded with a hint of dejection, eyes still focused on her pictures even as he continues, “Good… I think. I mean I’m glad, I hope she is doing alright.”
“She got over it, and so should you, move on.”
“I am. I’m dating have you forgotten!”
Okay, even he knew that he sounded like a little boy.
“You do, but moving on and dating someone new, are two different things. As far as I see it you have a perfectly healthy relationship and that’s fine but you are living in a lie if you continue to pretend that you have moved on.”
Silence, had he said too much?


“… You are right, but … I can’t …”

His fingers carefully touch the high-resolution printed face of her. Even two dimensional, stripped from all life it still was charming.
“All these years and I am still just a fool who is madly in love with her.”

There was a deep sigh escaping him he hated being pitied even more since he could feel Seunghyun’s eyes drenching him in it.

 

“Then you should tell her instead of me. “
 
For a second Jiyong seemed to reconsider his option before he suddenly jumps up and reaches for his phone. But in contrary to what Seunghyun believed Jiyong would do, he found himself holding said phone.
“What?” he muttered in confusion.
But instead of any clarification the hot tempered composer grabbed his jacket and seems to be ready to leave.
“I will either have to break up with someone or get very drunk, maybe both and I’m not sure yet about the order, but I do know that it wouldn’t be smart to have my phone with me!”

And with that he left his phone in Seunghyuns care, leaving the oldest member on his own in the studio. They haven’t really made any progress today but Seunghyun didn’t mind.