Closer

Adore u, Pretty u

 

A few days after that day, nothing new has happened. Vernon returned to his old self. Vernon who loved to annoy Mari and makes her angry. He was still her morning devil.

It was a bright day at school. Mari was standing in front of Bulletin board. Not only her, but a few students were also there. There was an announcement.

“Camp fire, huh?” Yeorum appeared out of nowhere.

“Yeorum, Where have you been?” Mari turned to her.

“Restroom.” Yeorum answered and turned to the Bulletin board, “More like prepare yourself for exams and only for junior and senior students.”

Mari sighed, “There are still two more days.”

Yeorum suddenly turned to Mari. A smile grew on her lips. She got an idea and she knew Mari would love it.

“It’s not really bad, you know.” Yeorum giggled.

“What is it?” Mari knew she got an awesome idea again.

“Junior and Senior. You know what I mean!”

Mari held her chin with her fingers. She gasped in happiness, “That’s mean… I can be with Seungcheol sunbae!”

“That’s right!” Yeorum nodded eagerly, “Both of you will become closer. Since we’re friends with them now so it won’t be difficult to play with them.”

“I can’t wait!” Mari giggled.

“Where are you going after school? Home?” Yeorum asked as they walked back to their classroom.

“Why are you asking? Do you want to go to somewhere?” Mari asked back.

“Let’s play in the game center.”

Mari softened, “Your parents?”

“Yup,” Yeorum nodded, “They’re back and they were fighting again last night. I don’t want to come home early.”

“Okay, Let’s have fun!” Mari cheerfully shouted. Yeorum softened and hooked her arm to Mari’s arm, “Thanks, Mari.”

“No problem.” Mari smiled back.

School has ended for today. As they said, Mari and Yeorum went to a Game Center near Gangnam.

“What should we play?” Yeorum looked around, trying to find something fun.

Mari was also looking around. But she stopped looking when she saw someone familiar. “Oh?”

Yeorum turned to Mari, “What?”

“Mingyu and Wonwoo,” Mari pointed to them.

Yeorum followed her finger and gawked, “Heol… They couldn’t be separated, What are they doing?”

Mari closed with her palm. She laughed to see how close Wonwoo and Mingyu.

“Oh,” Wonwoo spotted Mari and Yeorum. He nodded his head towards them to Mingyu and Mingyu turned to see Mari and Yeorum.

“Nice to seeing you guys here.” Yeorum greeted.

“Is it just the two of you?” Mari asked as she looked around to find Vernon and others.

“No,” Mingyu replied, “We’re here with friends but Vernon and Hoshi couldn’t come.”

“Why can’t he come?” Mari blinked.

“He said he would see his parents off in the Airport.” Mingyu answered.

“Ah, right. His parents are going to New York today for Business trip. How can I forget that? He would be home alone.” Mari slapped her hand on her forehead.

“And Kwon Hoshi? I thought he loved this kind of place.” Yeorum added.

“Ah.. He couldn’t come.” Wonwoo laughed, “He has stomach ache.”

“Who’s that, Mingyu?” Someone came from behind Mingyu.

He was another cute friend of Vernon, Mari thought. He has this cold face but somehow he was cute.

“Who, who?!” Suddenly, there were another friends of them. They were so noisy and reminded her of Hoshi.

Mingyu chuckled, “Guys, this is Vernon’s childhood friend. You met her that day, Woozi.”

Woozi nodded in reminiscently, “She was the one who fell onto you, wasn’t she?”

Mari flustered. She didn’t know that Woozi was there.

“Me, me!” A noisy guy stepped closer to Mari, “I’m Seokmin! But you can call me DK!” He winked.

“I’m Seungkwan! You can call me just Seungkwan!” Seungkwan grabbed Mari’s hand and shook her hand.

Yeorum blinked, “I thought there were two Hoshis.”

“If Hoshi was here, there would be three Hoshis.” Wonwoo added.

“They would be more noisy.” Woozi added. And Wonwoo couldn’t help but agree.

“I heard that you guys were playing together and sadly we couldn’t come.” DK said.

“Yeah, I wish I was there.” Seungkwan agreed.

“We can play together next time.” Mari smiled.

“Or we can play together today at this place.” Yeorum gave them an advice.

“Deal!” DK said and suddenly dragged Yeorum away from Mari with Seungkwan. Mari laughed and couldn’t wait when Yeorum will complain about both of them.

“We should play too,” Wonwoo suggested.

“What do you want to play, Mari?” Mingyu asked Mari. Mari looked around and didn’t know what to choose and she shook her head, “I don’t know, you tell me.”

Mingyu looked around and found an arcade game that was empty. He pulled Mari’s hand and brought her there.

Wonwoo followed them in silence while Woozi secretly went to find a comfortable place to read.

They were having fun together. Mari and Mingyu were playing together while Wonwoo just watched them playing with his crossed arms.

Mari let out a heavy sigh, “I give up. I can’t do this.”

“You can do it. Just do it like how I taught you.” Mingyu said.

Mari tried again. This time, she could do it. Mari joyfully shouted. She turned to Mingyu and laughed as she played it again. Mingyu watched her in pleasure.

Time has passed. Without them knowing, It was evening. The seven of them stepped out from the Game Center.

“It was fun!” Yeorum giggled. She turned to Seungkwan and DK, “Thank you guys! It’s nice to meet you. I wish Hoshi was here!”

“And you will see how noisy there are.” Woozi said with his hands in his pockets.

“It’s fun to annoy him,” Yeorum added.

“I hadn’t seen you play, Woozi.” Mari blinked.

“I don’t like crowds.” Woozi shrugged.

“Let’s play again someday,” Seungkwan said, “You guys are cool. Hansol’s friend is mine too.”

“Okay.” Mari nodded eagerly.

Yeorum looked to her watch, “I have to go home. Mari, see you tomorrow. Thank you guys.” Yeorum waved and left.

“Let’s go, Woozi.” DK said and left also with Woozi and Seungkwan.

“We can take you home, Mari.” Mingyu suddenly said.

“Ah, You don’t have to.”

Wonwoo turned to Mingyu in confusion. Is he just being nice?

“Our homes are one way. Right, Wonwoo?” Mingyu turned to Wonwoo.

“Ah, yes. I think so.” Wonwoo replied.

Mari blinked, “Do you guys living together?”

“What? No,” Mingyu chuckled, “Just like you and Vernon, we are also childhood friends.”

Mari nodded in understanding, “Let’s go then.”

After a few minutes, they arrived in front of Mari’s house. Mari turned to Vernon’s house and wondered about him.

“Thank you, Mingyu and Wonwoo.” Mari smiled, “I’m really having fun today.”

“Me too. Next time, Let’s go somewhere else with Vernon and others too.” Mingyu smiled back.

Mari turned to Wonwoo, “Wonwoo, I don’t know you’re a quite type.”

“He’s not. He’s just shy.” Mingyu corrected.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes, “Yeah, Kim Mingyu.”

Mingyu turned to Vernon’s house, “What is he doing right now?”

“I wonder too.” Mari followed his gaze. Mari was about to come into her house when someone suddenly came out of her house and it was Vernon. Mari blinked at him, “Hansol?”

Vernon turned to Mari then he turned to Mingyu and Wonwoo, “Why are you three together?”

“We met in the Game Center today.” Mari said.

“Oh,” Vernon replied.

“Where are you going?” Mari asked.

“I wanted to look for you, you stupid!” Vernon pretended to hit her. “You didn’t tell your mom that you were playing. She was really worried.”

Mari immediately shut . She sighed and turned to Vernon, “She’s not angry, Isn’t she?”

“No, I told her that maybe you’re playing with Yeorum. Next time if you want to play around, make sure to tell me.”

Mari saluted, “Yes, sir!”

“Come in,” Vernon ordered. Mari nodded, she waved to Mingyu and Wonwoo then came into her house.

“Thanks guys, for taking her home.” Vernon said. “She probably wanted to have home before her camp fire at school.”

“Camp fire? What the hell is that?” Wonwoo asked.

Vernon chuckled, “More like prepare yourself for exams. But there will be camp fire too.”

Wonwoo snorted, “I don’t care about more like prepare yourself for exams but camp fire would be nice too.”

“Too bad our school doesn’t have one like that.” Mingyu said.

“That’s mean, Seungcheol hyung, Jeonghan hyung and Jisoo hyung will be there too?” Wonwoo asked.

Vernon stared at him in silence. He didn’t think about it before.

“Don’t worry, Vernon. They will take care of her.” Mingyu patted his shoulder. “Let’s go, Wonwoo.”

Mingyu waved to Vernon and left.

Vernon stared to Mari’s house for a moment and came into the house. He would be staying in Mari’s house until his parents is back.