Bestfriend

Adore u, Pretty u

Mari was in her classroom. Reading an English book. She tapped her fingers on the table and looked towards the door. At that time, Yeorum stepped into the classroom.

She gasped and pretended to read her book again.

“Good morning, Mari!” Yeorum suddenly greeted.

Mari looked up and stared at Yeorum. Strangely enough, she looked ordinary. As if nothing happened after what she said yesterday.

“Hey, have you done with math homework?” she asked.

Mari didn’t answer, she only looked at Yeorum in confusion.

Yeorum turned to her and sighed, “Hello? Kim Mari!”

“Y-yes?! Ah, yeah.” Mari replied as she took out her math homework of her bag and gave it to Yeorum, “Here.”

Yeorum quickly took it and began to copying to her book.

“Mm… Yeorum?” Mari called.

“What is it?” Yeorum responded without turning to her.

A small smile appeared on Mari’s face. She shook her head slowly, “Nevermind.”

I hope she never talks about it again, Mari thought and read her book again.

***

“I’ve made up my mind.” Yeorum suddenly said. It’s lunch time and they were eating in the cafeteria.

Mari looked up, stopped eating, “About what?”

“Guess what,” Yeorum teased.

“You always do that.” Mari pouted, “You know I don’t know.”

Yeorum grinned, “I will stay here with my father.”

“Really?!” Mari brightened, “That means you will not move, right?”

Yeorum nodded as she smiled, “But, after this high school ends, I will continue studying in New York. I will live with my mother.”

Mari’s smile suddenly disappeared.

“Is not that fair?” Yeorum continued with a smile on her face.

Mari looked to her foods, “… Yeah, it’s fair.”

“Don’t worry. We still have a plenty of time to be together. And I had to do something before I moved.” Yeorum said.

Mari blinked, “What is it?”

Then, a smirk appeared on Yeorum’s face. Mari knew it would be one of her crazy ideas.

***

After school, Mari was walking towards the entrance school. Yeorum couldn’t go home with her for having to attend her family’s problems. Yeorum’s parents will get divorced. And she decided she would stay at Seoul with his father until she graduated from high school.

Mari sighed, She couldn’t imagine her days without Yeorum.

“Hey, look at him!”

“Isn’t he handsome?”

There were some girls who suddenly horrendous something. Mari turned to the two girls who gossiping and giggling over someone who was standing in front of the gate.

Mari followed their gaze then she widened her eyes.

“Hansol?” she whispered and suddenly smiled.

This time, there was a big smile on her pretty face. She ran towards him.

“Hansol!” Mari called.

Vernon turned to her.

“What are you doing here?” Mari asked as she arrived in front of him.

“What else? I’m picking you up.” Vernon replied, “Why are you alone?”

“Yeorum came home first. But, hey, you’re picking me up? That’s rare.” Mari raised an eyebrow.

“I want to take you to somewhere.” Vernon said.

“Where?”

Vernon grabbed Mari’s hand and smiled, “You’ll love it.”

***

“Seriously, where will you take me?” Mari asked.

They were on the bus. Mari glanced out of the window, it wasn’t even their home area anymore.

“It’s a surprise.” Vernon replied.

“If this is not good, I’ll be angry at you.” Mari said.

“Trust me, you’ll love it.” Vernon smiled. He then threw his gaze out of the window. The breeze made his hair a little messy.

Mari spotted some girls who were looking at him. They were whispering at each other. Mari frowned and somehow, she didn’t like it.

“You’re so popular.” Mari said it all of a sudden.

Vernon turned to her. Mari nodded towards the girls, “They’re looking at you.” She said.

Vernon turned towards the girls and suddenly they turned around. Embarrassed.

“You must be popular in your school too.” Mari commented.

“I think so.” Vernon responded.

Mari pouted. She threw her gaze out of the window and didn’t say anything anymore. She didn’t know why she was so upset about this.

I don’t understand why I don’t like this.

“Seungcheol sunbae said,” Vernon suddenly talked. As he mentioned Seungcheol’s name, Mari quickly turned to him. “He said you’re popular too.”

“I don’t know about that.” Mari said then she chuckled, “But I never thought that he would talk about me to you. What else did he say?”

“He said you’re beautiful and like a little sister.” Vernon replied.

The smile on her face suddenly faded, “L-l-little sister?!”

Vernon turned to her then he realized he was talking wrong. “I mean, my behavior to you looks like that. That’s why he said that you’re like a little sister. To me, not to him.”

Mari slowly raised her head as she gave Vernon a pleaded look, “Really?”

Vernon sighed, he couldn’t resist that look. “Yes.”

Then Mari laughed, “That’s good!”

And then the bus stopped.

“Let’s go.” Vernon said as he stepped out of the bus first and Mari followed him behind.

They were walking to a small store and Vernon stopped in front of there.

“Halmeoni,” Vernon called.

A grandmother came out of the store. She smiled widely when she saw Vernon.

“Oh, Hansol. You’ve come.” She said.

Vernon bowed and Mari awkwardly bowed too. The grandmother smiled at her.

Vernon smiled, “I came for it, halmeoni.”

“Sure! Come with me,” she said and pulled Mari’s hand. Mari turned to Vernon and he replied with a nod.

“Come here.” The grandmother waved her hand to Mari. Mari followed her and looked into a box. Then, she brightened.

“OH MY GOD!” Mari squealed. “Hansol!”

“It’s for you.” Vernon said with a smile on his face.

“Really?!” Mari asked and Vernon nodded eagerly.

“OH MY GOD, IT’S SO CUTE!” Mari crouched down in front of the box, “Annyeong!”

“Woof!” it barked.

Mari giggled, “Are they yours, Halmeoni?”

“Yes, but unfortunately I can’t take care of them all. Hansol and his friends often play here after school, so I offer them to him and his friends.” The grandmother explained.

“There’s only one left, that means Mingyu and Seungkwan already brought them, right Halmeoni?” Vernon said.

The grandmother nodded, “After you suddenly ran away, Mingyu and Seungkwan immediately brought them home.”

Mari turned to her new puppy and a bright smile appeared on her face. The puppy had even wagged his tail to her, “Can I really take it home?”

“Of course, dear. It’s yours now. By the way, it’s a girl.”

“Let’s go home, bongbong!” Mari shouted.

“Woof!”

Vernon stared at her in disbelief, “Bongbong? Right. It’s yours. So, it’s bongbong.”

Vernon and Mari stepped out of the grandma’s store. They bowed to the grandma, “Halmeoni, thank you for letting us take care of her.”

“Aigo, treat her well.” The grandmother smiled.

After saying goodbye, Vernon and Mari left the store as they walked together to the Bus Halte. Mari brought the box and she couldn’t stop staring lovingly at the puppy.

While waiting for the Bus, Vernon turned to Mari and he softened, “Are you happy?”

“I’m very happy!” Mari immediately replied. She turned to Vernon and smiled widely, “Thanks, Hansol.”

“I immediately thought of you when Cha Halmeoni offered her to me.”

Mari nodded in understanding. Then she remembered something as she took off her eyes of Bongbong. She gave Vernon a worry look, “What about mom? And dad? I didn’t ask their permission…”

“Don’t worry about that. I called your mom before I picked you up.” Vernon said.

Mari stunned. She stared at Vernon in great emotion. “Hansol…”

“Woof! Woof!” Bongbong barked when the Bus came.

“Come on.” Vernon took the box and came into the Bus first. While Mari was behind him, still staring at him. She didn’t know what to do if Vernon wasn’t by her side anymore.

Vernon spun around and blinked, “What are you doing? Let’s go home.”

“Yes!” Mari replied as she followed Vernon and chose the backseat.

***

Amazingly, that night, Bongbong was quite adaptable at Mari’s house. Bongbong was running around in Mari’s bedroom and sometimes she barked to the window.

Mari chuckled, “What’s wrong, Bongbong? Seems you know that on the other side is your daddy’s room.”

“Woof! Woof!” Bongbong responded. Mari couldn’t help but laugh more at her cuteness.

“Let’s see what your daddy is doing.” Mari said and she opened the window of her room.

Surprisingly, she found Vernon was putting his head on his study desk that facing her room. Mari softened, she turned to Bongbong who was staring at her and wiggled her tail.

Mari lifted Bongbong to the table and said, “Daddy is sleeping. How can he sleep with open window like that? He can catch a cold.”

“Woof!”

At the Bongbong’s barking voice, Vernon started to wake up. He lifted his head and rubbed his eyes. He still didn’t realize that Mari was looking at him from her bedroom.

Mari smiled, how cute.

“Woof! Woof! Woof!” Bongbong barked again, as she was calling Vernon.

Vernon looked up to see Mari and Bongbong.

“Hi, Daddy. Bongbong missed you.” Mari said.

Vernon smiled, “Daddy, huh.” He said, “Why don’t you sleep?”

“We’re too excited to go to sleep. Right, Bongbong?” Mari turned to Bongbong and she responded with a bark. Mari chuckled, “She’s so smart. We’re not even 24 hours yet.”

“Cha Halmeoni trained her dogs well.” Vernon replied.

“Tomorrow is Sunday. What are we gonna do?” Mari asked, holding her chin up.

“Let’s take Bongbong to the Park.” Vernon said.

Mari gasped, “That’s a great idea. We must sleep now, Bongbong.”

Vernon yawned, “Don’t be late.”

“Got it, Daddy.” Mari saluted. She took Bongbong in her arms and spun around, was about to put Bongbong to her little bed.

“Mari,” Vernon suddenly called her name. Mari spun around and waiting for him to say something. “Good night, and Bongbong too.”

Mari slowly grinned, “Good night too, Hansol. Thanks for today.”

Vernon gave her a sweet smile. Mari closed her window and Vernon saw that she turned off her lamp which means she went to sleep.

“Good night, Bestfriend. Yeah, bestfriend.” Vernon mumbled and closed his window too.

 


 

Hi! I know it's been a long time I didn't update my story lol I hope you still read it. I just don't know what to do so yeah I decided to update my story again. Please, please, if you read my story, don't forget to subscribe and leave a comment after you read it. And I'm really sorry with my bad grammar. I'm enjoying writing it in english. By the way, Seventeen finally comeback with their new song. Please, keep supporting them! Thank you^^ Have a nice day.