Uneasy Feelings

Adore u, Pretty u

“Seriously?”

Yeorum stared at Mari’s serious face. She was telling her about what happened yesterday. The facts that Seungcheol is Vernon’s friends and all of them were in his house. She told her everything.

“And you fell on Vernon’s cute friend? And…. In front of Seungcheol sunbae? Not only Seungcheol sunbae but also Jeonghan and Joshua sunbae.” Yeorum repeated. Mari doubtfully nodded.

Yeorum suddenly stood up and slowly, a smirk appeared on her cold face. Mari let out a heavy sigh, she knew it was wrong telling her bestfriend about this.

“Yeorum…” Mari slapped her palm on her face.

“Hahahaha, congratulation Kim Mari!” Yeorum started to laugh.

Mari rolled her eyes, “Yeah, Thank you very much, Lee Yeorum. You’re my best friend.”

“So, What does Vernon say?”

Mari blinked and then she shook her head. “He doesn’t say much. I thought he would be happy when I told him about my true love,”

“Your true love, huh?” Yeorum smirked. She immediately got up and standing in front of Mari with her crossed arms, “Why are you so sure if Seungcheol sunbae IS your true love?”

Mari looked up, “Because I’ve never been in love before, remember?”

“What about your first love in Middle School?”

“Ah,” Mari looked down. Yeorum smiled as she knew that Mari was actually had forgotten her first love.

“He was the reason why you didn’t want to be with Vernon anymore in the same school. Correct?”

Mari smiled, “You’re right, He was the reason.” Mari got up and stared at the field, where some students were playing soccer, “It was the past, just forget about it.”

They started to leave the field. They were talking about a drama, Another Oh Haeyoung. And how frustrated Yeorum about the whole story. Mari started to laugh but then she stopped laugh and walk at the same time when she spotted Seungcheol and his friends in front of them.

Yeorum stopped walking and turned to Mari. She followed Mari’s stares and smiled when she knew Mari was flustered.

“Oh, The girl next door,” Jeonghan, was the one who aware of their presence approached them. Seungcheol smiled to Mari and approached them too with Joshua.

“Oh… You guys do look familiar.” Joshua looked at Mari and Yeorum as he brought his face closer to them.

“I told you before, Jisoo.” Jeonghan shook his head, pulling Joshua away.

“Have you had lunch?” Seungcheol said.

Mari stared at Seungcheol in silence while Yeorum waited for her to answer his question. Mari startled when Yeorum nudged her arm, “Ah, um… Yes,”

Jeonghan and Joshua laughed.

“You’re so easy to read, Kim Mari.” Yeorum whispered.

Seungcheol smiled, “Good. I thought we could have lunch together. But, that’s okay.”

“Ah…” Mari’s shoulders fell in disappointment.

“See you later, then. Let’s go, guys.” Seungcheol waved and walked away. Jeonghan turned to Mari and Yeorum and waved too. Joshua smiled and nodded his head as he followed his bestfriends.

“Yeah… I wish I can see you again in Hansol’s house…” Mari softened as she kept staring at them who already left.

Yeorum sighed, “It’s not a secret anymore, you know.”

“What do you mean?!” Mari gasped.

“You’re so easy to read, Mari! I bet Jeonghan and Joshua sunbae found out already that you like their friend. I bet Seungcheol sunbae has found out too.”

“No way!”

“Don’t act like that anymore!” Yeorum stated.

Mari pouted and followed Yeorum to their class.

 

***

 

Night had came. It was a Friday night so there will be no school tomorrow. Mari was really bored in her room. She was lying around on her bed in boredom.

She wonder what Vernon was doing. Honestly, Mari was missing him. Because this morning was a little different than others morning she had. Vernon was still her morning devil, but today he was a bit different.

Mari sat up on her bed and turned his head to her window. She got off from her bed and opened her window.

Vernon was sitting on a chair with earphones in his ears. He was listening to music and seemed he was enjoying the music.

“Yah,” Mari called.

Vernon slowly turned his head to Mari. He was startled and took off his earphones.

“What?”

“How cold,” Mari pouted.

Vernon softened. He put his earphones on the table and approached the window, “What is it?”

Mari brightened, “Let’s go out!”

“It’s late.” Vernon eyed her, “After all, your parents will not allow you to go.”

“But, I’m with you. They will not be mad if I’m with you.” Mari grinned, “Come on, Hansol. I’m so bored here.”

Vernon turned to the clock on the wall and then he turned to see Mari. He sighed, “Get ready, I will come to pick you up.”

“Okay!” Mari immediately shut the window and changed her clothes. Vernon shook his head with a smile on his face and get ready as well.

After a few minutes passed, they were at a café around Gangnam.

Mari stared at a Red Velvet Cake that Vernon ordered for her. She looked up to see Vernon was busy with his phone and sometimes sipped his coffee.

Vernon realized her stares and looked to her. He leaned on her chair, “What now, Mari? You’re grumpier today. Everything looks wrong in your eyes. No wonder Hoshi nicknamed you Mrs. Grumpier.”

Mari made a face, “I wanted to walk around with you and we could eat street foods.”

“You can do that with your future boyfriend.” Vernon said. “Maybe someday with your Seungcheol sunbae,”

Mari stared at Vernon. She secretly smiled, she wished that if it could be true. Vernon glanced at her and turned away.

“Do you really like Seungcheol hyung?” Vernon suddenly asked.

Mari turned to him and looked down with a shy smile, “I do.”

“You sure?” Vernon asked once again.

Mari tilted her head. Yeorum was asked her the same question. Suddenly, she remembered something.

“Hansol,” Mari called him, “Do you… Do you remember what happened back then? In the middle school?”

Vernon startled. He clenched his hands but remained to calm, “You want to talk about it?”

Looking at Vernon’s mad expression, Mari immediately shook her head. She didn’t want to make Vernon angry anymore just like a few years ago. Awkward silence suddenly came to them.

Vernon looked at his watch. He took his coffee and sat up as he turned to Mari, “We should go home now.”

Vernon walked away first. Mari watched him in worry. She quickly followed him and tugged his shirt. Vernon stopped walking and turned to her.

“Is there something wrong?” Mari asked, “You are… weird today,”

“I’m just tired, okay?”

“B-but… You’re weird. Since I’m telling the truth to you… you become weird. Y-you look angry…” Mari whispered at the last words.

“I’m not!” Vernon snapped. He startled to himself and immediately shut his mouth.

“What’s wrong? Tell me, Hansol. I’m sorry if I upset you.” Mari looked down.

“I’m just afraid.” Vernon honestly said. Mari looked up, “I’m afraid if you… If you have someone you like. But I knew this would happen someday.”

Mari softened, “I’m sorry. It’s weird because we’ve been together since childhood, right?”

Vernon turned to Mari. He then turned away and snorted, “Do you think Seungcheol hyung will like you back?”

“H-huh?”

“You’re not his type, you know.” Vernon said. “He likes a y girl. Beautiful, and maybe older than him. You’re not his type. Not even close!”

“W-what?”

“If I was you, I’d look in the mirror.” Mari gasped. What Vernon just said was hurting her. She glared at Vernon and clenched her hands, “Stupid, Hansol.”

Mari walked away, leaving Vernon alone there.

Vernon stared at Mari’s back who was walking away from him. He didn’t mean too. He didn’t know why but the uneasy feelings keep coming to him.

 

***

 

The next morning, Mari went out with Yeorum. She had met with Vernon this morning in her home. He was having a breakfast together with his parents and her parents. She joined them also but refused to talk to him. He didn’t even say sorry about what he said last night to her.

“He’s jealous of Seungcheol sunbae.” Yeorum declared. “He’s afraid to lose you, Mari. You’re his favorite friend, of course he will be afraid.”

“But he didn’t need to say that.” Mari replied.

“I know. He’s so stupid.” Yeorum agreed.

“This is our first quarrel in this year.” Mari said, “I mean… We didn’t talk.”

“Mari! Look who’s coming!” Yeorum suddenly whispered excitedly.

Mari looked up and froze. The first person she saw was Vernon and behind him, there were Hoshi, Mingyu, Wonwoo, Jeonghan, Joshua and Seungcheol.

“It’s Vernon, right? Oh my god… His friends are definetly cute.” Yeorum couldn’t stop admiring them.

Mari couldn’t help but agreed with her.

Vernon spotted Mari. He balked and wanted to avoide her. But too late, Hoshi saw her first and called her right away.

“Mari!” He waved as he ran towards Mari and Yeorum.

Mari forced a smile and waved back. She secretly wished that he shouldn’t have to see her. “Hi, you guys are here too?”

“Yeah, the weather is nice so we decided to play outside at Hankang.”

“Fancy to seeing you here, Kwon Hoshi.” Yeorum smirked to him.

Hoshi rolled her eyes, “Don’t you feel that the weather became cloudy?”

“Oh, I think so. Because Kwon Hoshi is here.”

“Come on, Yeorum. Don’t you miss me? It’s been a long time.” Hoshi crossed his arms.

“Nope. Not even a little bit,” Yeorum replied.

Mari softly laughed, “Not again, guys.”

“You are so close.” Seungcheol smiled.

“Ah, This is great. We can play together.” Jeonghan adviced.

Mari seemed unsure. Even though she liked Jeonghan’s idea. It will makes her and Seungcheol become closer. She glanced at Vernon who had been silent since they approached her and Yeorum. Vernon felt the same. He didn’t know what to do.

Yeorum looked to both of them. She knew she had to do something about this.

“I’m thirsty,” Yeorum suddenly said. She turned around and found a convience store. Then she turned to Mari, “Mari, I’m thirsty.”

Mari blinked. She sat up and wanted to leave.

“I will accompany—“ before Hoshi said something again, Yeorum pulled him and locked him with her arm around his neck, “H-hey! Lee Yeorum!”

“Hansol, you go with her.” Yeorum ordered.

Vernon immediately turned to her. Mari softened. She knew that Yeorum tried to make them up.

Vernon didn’t say much. He walked away, “Come on,”

Without saying anything, Mari followed him.

“L-Let go of me, Yeorum!” Hoshi shouted as he hit Yeorum’s hand.

Yeorum released him and grinned, “Sorry, Kwon Soonyoung. I have to stop you.”

“What’s wrong? Are they fighting?” Seungcheol asked.

Yeorum nodded, “They didn’t talk to each other this time.”

“Ah… It’s pretty serious then.” Hoshi added.

“I don’t understand.” Jeonghan looked at them in confusion.

“They are always quarreling but they usually make up soon. But this time is weird. Am I right?” Seungcheol corrected.

Yeorum smiled and happily gave him her thumb. Seungcheol chuckled at her.

Yeorum realized that she didn’t know two of them, “Hoshi, Who are they? Aren’t you gonna introduce them to me? Because I have to know their name if we want to play together.”

“You can just tell me they caught your attention.” Hoshi smirked.

“Oh, come on!” Yeorum rolled her eyes.

“Fine, fine. You’re Mrs. Grumpier number 2.” Hoshi sneered, “They’re Mingyu and Wonwoo,”

Mingyu turned to Yeorum and smiled. Showing her how sweet his smile was like Mari said to her. So this is Mingyu.

While Wonwoo just turned to her without expression and then turned away. Yeorum snorted, How rude. I forgive you since you’re attractive.

Joshua looked around, “Do you wanna ride bicycle?”

“That’s a great idea!” Yeorum clapped.

***

Mari and Vernon walked in silence. Mari didn’t know what to say. Vernon was the same.

“I’m sorry,” Vernon finally said. “I didn’t mean to,”

Mari turned away, “You didn’t need to say like that.”

“I know. I was mad because you suddenly take up about that.”

“You were so mean.”

“I know.” Vernon whispered.

Mari didn’t say anything. She entered the store and bought some drinks. She stepped out of the store and turned to Vernon who was playing his foot on the ground.

“Hansol,” Mari called, “Do you want me to forgive you?”

Vernon blinked.

“You have to carry me piggyback and I will forgive you.”

Vernon slowly smiled. He squatted in front of Mari, “I think I’m spoiling you.”

Mari smiled and ride on his shoulders, “Sometimes.”

Vernon tried to stand up, “Ah… You’re heavy as always.”

Mari slapped his back which makes him winced in laugh. They started to walk to their friends.

“Hansol…” Mari softly called.

“Hmm?”

“If I was you… Maybe I would be mad, too.” Mari said. “Because this is too sudden. I suddenly told you about my feelings toward Seungcheol sunbae.”

“I was surprised. Out of so many people… Why should my friend?” Vernon thoughtfully said, “I don’t know if I should be happy or not.”

Mari chuckled, “I think so. Tell me, Hansol… Do you have someone you like?”

“Honestly… I don’t have someone in mind.” Vernon answered, “I’m not lying.”

Her smile grew bigger. Mari looked up and saw her friends. They already became closer to each other. Mari got off of Vernon and approached Yeorum. Yeorum and others knew that they’ve reconciled.

“Hey, we rented bicylces!” Mingyu said.

“Since Mari couldn’t ride a bycicle, she would go with Seungcheol sunbae!” Yeorum suddenly said. Mari widened her eyes in surprise as she turned to Yeorum.

“Mari couldn’t ride a bicycle?” Mingyu turned to Mari.

Mari forced a laugh. It was true though.

“Come on, Mari!” Yeorum pushed Mari to Seungcheol. Mari shot her a look. She remembered when Yeorum told her that she was too obvious. Who’s the one now?

Vernon watched Mari who left with Seungcheol. Mari held Seungcheol’s shirt tightly and they were laughing.

“And I will go with Jeonghan sunbae. Is that okay, sunbae?” Yeorum asked to Jeonghan. Jeonghan laughed, “Sure! Let’s go!”

Hoshi watched them happily riding the bycicle. “Who doesn’t like Jeonghan hyung? No one,”

“Yah, Hoshi, How about a match?” Joshua smiled to Hoshi.

“Hyung, your smile is the most terrifying thing.” Hoshi sneered and then left with Joshua.

“Let’s go, Vernon.” Wonwoo said.

“Go ahead. I will be right behind you,” Vernon slowly hopped on the bicycle as well as Mingyu and Wonwoo.

Vernon started to paddle his bicycle. He watched how happy Mari when she was with Seungcheol. He got this uneasy feelings this again. He turned to see them again. Seungcheol said something to her and she laughed. It wasn’t fake. It was her true smiles.

He was upset. He didn’t know why but he was upset to see them. He suddenly paddled his bicycle rapidly. It was really fast when suddenly a ball jumped out of nowhere in front of him. Vernon widened his eyes and he fell onto the ground.

Mari turned to crashing voise. And she widened her eyes when she knew it was Vernon.

“S-sunbae! S-stop, Vernon fell!” Seungcheol braked abruptly. Mari got off and ran towards Vernon.

A middle aged woman said sorry to Vernon. It was her son’s fault that makes Vernon fell to the ground.

“I’m okay,” Vernon smiled to the woman.

“You’re bleeding, Choi Hansol.” Mari suddenly said and eyed him. She held his arm and his elbow was bleeding.

“I have first aid box in my Car, I will take it now.” The middle aged woman who seems to feel guilty quickly ran towards her car.

“You are so stupid,” Mari sighed.

“The ball jumped out of nowhere. I was surprised too, you know.” Vernon replied. He looked up to see Seungcheol was looking at him. Vernon nodded, signaling that he was okay now and Seungcheol left. “Are you okay with that?”

“With what?” Mari asked back.

“You were riding bicycle happily with Seungcheol hyung. You don’t have to come after me. Yeorum worked hard to help you,”

“I can’t see you bleed,”

Vernon snorted, “It’s not really hurt.”

The middle aged woman came and lend the first aid box to Mari. Mari bowed and took it. She started to take care of his injury.

“If hurt, tell me right away.” Mari said as she blowed his elbow.

“Aw,” Vernon suddenly grimaced when Mari didn’t even touch his wound. Mari looked up and stared at him. Vernon smiled, “It’s hurt.”

Mari started to smile. She pressed his wound which makes him shouted in pain, “Mari! It’s really hurt now! It’s real!”

Yeorum was watching them from afar. Yeorum is a sensitive girl. She knew something was wrong with Vernon.

“Interesting..” Seungcheol whispered. And Yeorum could hear that. She turned to Seungcheol who was also looking at them. Seungcheol realized someone was looking at him. He turned and met eyes with Yeorum. Yeorum smiled to him and soon they smiled to each other. It was like they knew something will happen.


 

Please do not forget subscribe and leave some comments^^