Love Hurts 2

For the Good Times and the Bad (Short Stories Compilation)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A.N : before you read the story, I better warned you first before you got bored. This is just the same story with another POV - Yonghwa's POV.. You might found the same scene from the previous chapter inside it. Read it with your own risks.. I warned you already!!!

 

 

 

The first time Yonghwa saw her, he was informed that she will be her sister. To tell the truth he wasn't fond of getting a new family, her mother died when he was 6 and he always thought living with his father was enough. There's one thing he was afraid of, that his father will have a new family and forget about him and his late mother. He was a boy so he can't say it out loud, but a teen boy mind was narrow-minded.

 

Jealousy was inevitable.

 

She hid behind her mother's shoulder; her eyes looked so innocent, it was as clear as water in the ocean. He never thought he will meet this kind of fragile little girl, it made him wanted to protect her. When his father introduced him to her, suddenly the new revelation hit him, she must not be as innocent as it seems because soon she will steal his father from him. It made him upset all of the sudden; the rage made him throwing childish tantrums at them.

 

"I DON'T LIKE HER.. I HATE THEM.. I HATE YOU, DAD.." He shouted. He saw her pupil grows wider in shock before it changes into fear. He cursed inside his head for scaring her, but the damage has been done, he needed to stick to his point to keep his pride.

 

 

 

Adolescent age was the year when he had his emotion ups and down, he got upset easily. Especially, when there's a little girl follow him around everywhere. It was not okay, he felt annoyed when she was being nice to him. It made him feel like a fool. Why would a younger girl meddle in his business so much? So he did what he can, pushing her away, lessening all the contacts and avoiding her as much as possible.

 

She understood the gesture one day and stopped being annoying after that. He felt a bit guilty at first but she came back to her usual self not long after and he just let it be this time.

 

 

 

At 18, he already big enough to experience dating. People said he is handsome, girls love him, and he was enjoying it like any other teenager.

 

There's this basketball club camp from school, they will go to the riverside for 3 days. It was to build more solid team in the future. He realized that he forgot to bring his sleeping bag to school. Not that it was important though. He can just sleep inside one of the coach’s tent, he thought.

 

"Woah guys.. There's one pretty girl outside the class room and she definitely not from our school.." One of his friends said, receiving the curious reaction from others. He shrugged his shoulder though, not really minding to saw the pretty girl everyone was talking about. The boys peeked from the window and laughed, they were really childish, and it wasn't surprising if they were joking around to tease the girl.

 

"Why would she come to our school at this hour though?" One of his friends asked.

 

"Do you know her?"

 

No one seems to ever saw the girl before so no one could answer that.

 

"Joon asking her for a kiss exchange information.." Hongki said, laughing. "Do you think she will comply? She seems a bit scared though.."

 

"Who the hell did she was looking for anyway?" Jungshin asked.

 

"I didn't hear it.." Hongki shrugged.

 

Yonghwa finally moved from his seat to the window to take a look at the scene. The boys were always too much sometimes, but he never give a damn anyway. He seems recognizing the back silhouette though. The girl looked scare, she was trembling in fear. He moved to the other side to have a better view, when he startled by realization.

 

He knew this girl.

 

He ran faster out of the class room and grabs the girl arms tightly. His friends seem startled as well by the sudden gesture.

 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Yonghwa snapped.

 

"O-oppa..?"

 

"I'm asking you, what are you doing here, Joohyun?"

 

"I- You forget your sleeping bag so I-"

 

"Who told you to bring that? You shouldn't have-" He doesn't know why but he really pissed by her presence here right now. Why did she let herself be played by these boys to find him? It made him feels like he was the one who playing her.

 

 

"I tried to call you but your phone was off.."

 

Yonghwa looked a bit startled, before he sighs, "I forgot to charge it.. Are you okay?" Seohyun nodded slowly but he still thinks it was not okay at all.

 

"Yah - Yonghwa, why did you so angry with her? You ruin our moment.." Joon said.

 

"Shut up and stop your joke.. You scared her.." He never care when his friends joking around with other girls but he gets so angry at his friends joke now. He felt their joke has gone too far.

 

"Hey, relax dude, we were just joking.."

 

"Yeah, Yonghwa we just play a little, we don't know you will be this mad just because of it.."

 

"But she is really pretty, is she your girlfriend?"

 

Yonghwa sighed, tightening his grip around her shoulder, glaring at his friends so they won't dare to lay a finger to her ever again. "Just mind your own business and stay away from her from now on.. She worth more than you and your filthy hand.."

 

With that final blow, his friends leaving the scene, knowing exactly they don't ever want to get in trouble with Yonghwa.

 

Her grips on the hem of his shirt started to loosen up, but he still held her tight. Their close distance makes her breath felt tickled in his neck. When he looked down, he met with that captivating clear eye that seems never failed to amaze him. At that time he felt like drowning, he realized how pretty she is. She was no longer a little girl he grows older with. No wonder his friends going overreacted when they saw her mysterious presence.

 

 

 

He felt a bit guilty to snap at her when she did nice thing to him so he tried to be nicer as well. He talked to her more than he ever did, he took time to chat with her, spending lazy Sunday afternoon laying on the couch and watch movie. They fought over the movie they should watch. She loves drama, he loves horror, they always need more time to reach a decision. He loves her reaction when she squirmed at him whenever they watch horror movie. That made him insists to watch more.

 

He loves spending time with her; they fit well in a couple ways. He loves her smile that made him unconsciously smiling as well. Every time spending with her felt like coming home to her as his family. Did he think of her as a sister or a girl? He doesn't know. The protective feeling over her just engulfing him whenever he think of her and oddly his heart always lose its rhythm whenever she was near.

 

Nothing last forever, unfortunately. Everything started falling apart when that one night he accidentally heard Seohyun’s mother called her mother when she was still alive. He wished he can rewind that night for him not to hear it. Because it changes everything, even the little happiness he had about his new family.

 

He walked in the hallway that night and realized the door of the study room was opened. He peeked inside and saw Seohyun’s mother was on the phone. He was about to came back to his room when he heard her voice.

 

"Joohyun is doing well, omma.. She knew how important to get close to Yonghwa since he is the heir of Jung's throne. I'm so glad Yonghwa started to open up to her.. Ne.. ne.. That's a lot of money indeed.. She will live happily for the rest of her life with that.."

 

 

 

Broken.

 

 

Shattered.

 

 

Betrayed.

 

 

 

Yonghwa clenched his fist, his knuckles becoming white in anger. What her mother just said struck him in surprise. He felt betrayed and used. He thought she was being genuine and sincere, he never thought she was taking advantage of him. She had other intention of getting close to him. And her mother, oh my God her mother is even worse. She planned all of this since the beginning and used his father's love to her. They were such a low gold-digger.

 

He ran to his bedroom with anger fueled inside him.

 

After that night he gets so fed up to see them at his house, he started avoiding Seohyun because it hurt him so bad whenever he saw her. He distancing himself on purpose, made her confuse at his sudden change. But he didn't want them to think he was easy, they definitely won't get any money from him. He decided to study overseas to avoid being in one place with them but he is so pathetic, he thought, because the irony is his body started betraying himself as well. No matter how he hates her, she is still the person who gives him good memories, a happy laughter and fun time together. And it pains him to still missing for that moment when all of it not even real moments for her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

4 years later.

 

 

He came back to Seoul with a heavy heart. It was because he was having a contradicting heart. One part told him about how much he resented them and wanted to stay away from them. The other part sided with the melancholic part of his heart.

 

His life overseas wasn't bad, but he still couldn't forget what happen back then in Seoul. And he hated it. Whether he likes her or hates her, apparently she would always occupying his mind and that felt like a curse in his life, the curse he is willing to break.

 

He saw her again after 4 years, this time she wasn't that young girl with that innocent eye anymore. She got mature and prettier; he needed a couple of second to get to his sense back before telling his heart to stay calm. He kept reminding himself of her true color, that she was just using her pretty face to get what she wanted.

 

It made him able to put a distance on her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After an awful almost dinner that made him despise them even more, he got so fed up. It was surprising of how much he still feels hurt when he hears it. After all this time, he supposed to know and stop involving his heart, but he just can't. He knew she was the same as her mother, that's probably why she got close to the heir of Choi Corps in the first place, but to listen it by his own ear made him feels uneasy.

 

This was because he doesn't want other people to be their victim.

 

Yeah.. that must be it.

 

The sudden knock on his door startled him. He got more surprise when he opened the door and see her standing in front of his door with a tray in her hand.

 

"What is it?" He asked slowly.

 

"You haven't had your dinner, oppa.." Seohyun shoved the tray in her hand to him but he stood silently, too awe to even took it.

 

He ever swear he won't get inside her trap anymore, so he cautiously reject. "I'm not hungry.."

 

"And that's such a stupid reason to skip dinner because while you were not hungry, your stomach does need nutrition.." Seohyun stepped inside his room forcefully, putting the tray in his desk.

 

His eyeball followed her movement when she put the tray of food in the desk. He looked at her intently, feeling her nervousness from the gesture she made when he walked closer.

 

"Why do you care?"

 

"Y-you are my brother.."

 

"Is that so?" He leaned closer and put his hand on the wall besides her, made her trapped.

 

"Why were you shuttering? I'm your brother.." His hand touched the tip of her chin.

 

"What are you doing, oppa? I'm your sister.."

 

"Sister? We aren't related by blood as long as I remember.. Are you really thought of me as your brother?"

 

"I-I.." His face moves closer to her; leave an inch distance between them. His first intention was to ; he never thought she would close her eye, surrendering herself. He looked at her face closely and his heart dynamic rhythm became uncontrollable. She looked so pretty, so cute yet so fragile. He should control the urge to kiss her right now. Gulping, he cursed inside his head. What first came as a tease just backfired him. He really needs to come back to his sense.

 

"Boo.." He chuckled and moved back after that.  "Why were you even closing your eyes? What did you think I would do? Kissing you?"

 

He saw how she didn't react and stood silent, maybe she was surprise and somehow embarrassed. He was surprise too. It made him feel like a jerk. "I will eat it.. Just get back to your room.." He said to put an end of the awkward atmosphere and in a second Seohyun already gone from his sight.

 

Yonghwa raked his hair in frustration; it was becoming harder to keep his determination to hate her. Somehow this becoming a game that no one would ever come as the winner.

 

His eyes ran to the tray of food she left in his table.

 

Pasta.

 

That was the food he likes so much in high school. She often made it as snack to accompany them to watch movie back then. His heart aches just by the thought of the memory. It felt so right yet so wrong at the same time.

 

No, he won't let his heart moved just because of it.

 

She was just using it to get what she wanted, not because she genuinely cares for him.

 

 

 

 

His eye couldn't stop staring at her when she walked inside the ballroom. She was breathtakingly beautiful, with her long lacy dress which accentuates her curve in every right place. He likes it because she wasn't too skinny and looks healthy. Of course as a healthy freak as she was, she will maintaining her health like that.

 

The grips in his arms made him realize he wasn’t alone, Shinhye is a stunning woman as well, and he likes her for her bright personality, but she can't make his heart fluttered, no matter how hard he tried. That's why he never made their relationship official like what others think about them. She was a good friend and that's the end of it. Though he brought her more than any other girl to every socialite event he was invited on.

 

Not long after he saw Choi Min Ho walking closer to Seohyun with champagne glasses in his hand. Seohyun smiled at him and it boils his rage for the unknown reason. Yonghwa tried to focus on the conversation between him and his other colleagues but he just can't really seem to concentrate. The conversation doesn't even take his interest at all.

 

He felt a gaze Seohyun made at him, and remembered a couple of days ago when he accidentally heard Seohyun’s confession. It seems they really don't know how to speak in private since he could almost overhear them every time.

 

 

 

 

"He is a good choice, Joohyun-ah.. You should make him yours as soon as possible.."

 

"I don't want to talk about this, omma.." Seohyun an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter