Forceful Attempt

For the Good Times and the Bad (Short Stories Compilation)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At 12, Seohyun had big crush to one of her brother's friend. She followed him around, she tried hard to get his attention but unfortunately he never saw her the way she saw him. His cold demeanor to her doesn't make her giving up to chase him. She knew he was probably annoyed at her, but she was determined. Because although she was only 12, she knew she wouldn't be able to like someone as much as she likes him anymore. People around them always thought it was only some childish game she played. Because she is Seohyun and she always get what she wanted. Her family consist her father and brother, spoiled her and treat her as a princess but somehow it made her lack of empathy and becoming a selfish person in the process.

 

Probably they felt sorry for her because as a child she never knew her mother at all. Her mother's dead in labor when she was born. Her father never remarried and claimed her mother as the only love for him. That made her wanted to have only one love just like her father.

 

The man she had crushed on named Jung Yong Hwa. And although he wasn't as rich as her, he came from a respectable family as well. He was nice and friendly when they were kids, he act like a brother to her and always shrugs her feelings off as if it was only a joke.

 

She got into the same school with him, from junior till high school. She attends the same university as well amidst her family who always studied overseas. Everyone knows her as Jung Yong Hwa's tail, more like stalker for him though. He couldn't manage to date anyone because of that. Girls will back off whenever they saw Seohyun's glared at them whenever they tried to get close to him. Despite having a big crush on him, any girls will think twice to mess with Seo family.

 

"I love you, Oppa.." She blurted out one day when she followed him to his after school jam, something that he found as a hobby.

 

Yonghwa shook his head, massaging his temple because he doesn't know how to respond to that anymore. That was the nth confessions she made for him and he already lost count on it. She could just blurt it out of the blue, random occasion or whenever she felt really happy. She could do it when it was just the two of them or in public where everyone they know or don't even know was present.

 

Seohyun just unstoppable.

 

People said he was stupid for rejecting her over and over. He admits she is pretty, she is smart and rich. But he can't stand her childish behavior. He can't change the way he saw her since he knew her from their childhood days. She was merely his friend's sister, not more than that.

 

After they graduated, Yonghwa starts managing his father's company while Seohyun, well she doesn't need to work at his father's company because there is his brother who did. She hates paper and office hour just doesn't fit her. In fact, she doesn't even need to work at all and still have her jet set lifestyle. Her only schedule was to spend thousands of dollars shopping and vacationing around the world.

 

She can rest assured that someday Yonghwa will be hers. No girl will ever crazy enough to challenge her anyway. She optimists that one day she could make him love her just the way she wanted.

 

But she was wrong.

 

At one of her vacation to Santorini, she heard Yonghwa was having a girlfriend. She asked a private investigator to search her background immediately and surprisingly the girl was not from their social circle. She wasn't coming from money; she is just an ordinary girl. No wonder that girl dares enough to steal what hers.

 

But for Yonghwa to fall in love with that girl become a big question for her. That girl apparently had a bakery and loves to cook, Yonghwa came to her place often and somehow they get closer and started to have a relationship after that.

 

For once, Seohyun regrets ever go to her vacation this time. She goes there for months, attending fashion show in Milan before going to Santorini to meet her aunt. Supposed she not going, he won't ever get a chance to be with that girl.

 

 

***

 

 

She barged to his office right after from the airport. "How could you??" She shouted.

 

Yonghwa looked up from his table, knowing exactly who the guess is. He promised he will ask his secretary not to let her barge in to his office as her wishes later.

 

"You already come back?" Suddenly he missed the days when its quiet and peaceful when she was abroad.

 

"I just arrived and guess what I heard?"

 

"What?" He knew what she heard but he act as if he wasn't.

 

"I heard you have a girlfriend.. Is that true, oppa?" She hopes it's not true.

 

"I bet your private investigator already told you everything, right? So no need for me to confirm it.."

 

"So it's true? How dare you do that behind my back..? Just watch what I'll do to her.."

 

Yonghwa stood up from his seat, anger rose when he heard she will use her childish attempt to harm his girlfriend. "Don't you dare, Seohyun! If you touch her, you know I won't stay put anymore.. I always considered you as sister but I don't know if I could think the same if something happen to her because of you.."

 

"But Oppa.. I love you.." Her voice now changes to the pleading one.

 

"And I love her.. I'm sorry.. Please move on with your life.. Instead of loving me, you should find what you truly want in your life.."

 

"I only want you.. You know that.." She sulking badly, her nostril flares while her cheeks become chubbier. People said she looks funny and cute like that and instead getting scared at her tantrum they would laughed. She can't help it though, it just happen naturally when she was mad. She wore her heart on her sleeves and she couldn't hide it well enough.

 

"Forget me.. I know you have great potential for doing something more than just chasing a guy who doesn’t love you Seohyun-ah.. Now please excuse me.. I have a lot of work to do.."

 

Seohyun has been rejected by him many times; she won't bother every time of it. But now is the hardest, knowing he told her himself, right on her face that he loves someone else. Her heart broken when she heard that, she thought he was not that serious with his so called girlfriend. That girl was nothing to compare to her. But he loves that girl despite of what she already did to him for years. And it breaks her.

 

Holding her tears she walks off his office, keeping her pride up.

 

Will all the fact that he loves someone else change it all?

 

She doesn’t think so.

 

Will it be enough reason for her to forget him and moving on with her own life?

 

Of course it's not; she has wanted him for her whole life already.

 

Will she still love him after this?

 

With all of her heart she will.

 

Will she let him go?

 

Hell, no!

 

She definitely will find a way to break them apart.

 

 

***

 

 

She couldn't sleep well, she couldn't eat well, she couldn't think well after that. She felt annoyed all the time and everything doesn't interest her anymore.

 

The thing about desperation is you can somehow go to the extreme. She spent her days stalking him, more than she used to in the past. She appeared at his office almost every day but he took some measured already, asking his secretary to banned her to enter his office. No one ever dare to do that to Seo Hyun. But he did. He act so cold to her after they grow up, especially after his father goes ill and he should manage his father company right after graduated, gone the nice oppa she used to know.

 

She wasn't able to see him but when she heard IU's mother held a party; she knew he would be there as well. He won't be able to bring his girlfriend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter