Forceful Attempt 2

For the Good Times and the Bad (Short Stories Compilation)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Why are you sulking?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Why do you think?" 

 

"What else can make a princess sulk like this if not for someone as cold as ice that steals her heart for good.."

 

"Wow.. what a great description you had. Very detailed.." She replied sarcastically.

 

Tiffany laughed.

 

"What now? Did he still get mad at you because of that night?"

 

Seohyun nodded.

 

"Tell me.. Did you do that on purpose?"

 

"No?!"

 

"Then don't bother.. He won't last long with that girl. I saw her and she is pretty indeed, she has a nice body and cute smile and..."

 

"Yah..!"

 

Tiffany laughed again. "I'm not finished. But they still lived in a different world.. That girl won't stand the pressure.. Even if she did, her family won't ever dare to mess with Seo family’s belonging. And if she is as good as she seems, she won't let her family suffer because of her.."

 

Seohyun snaps with a new realization. "What did you just say?"

 

With a quizzical look, Tiffany repeats, "That she is pretty, have a nice body and..."

 

"No, not that one. You don't have to say it twice by the way, it hurts my pride. After that.."

 

"That they won't last long?"

 

"And even if she did..???"

 

"Her family won't ever dare to mess with Seo family’s belonging..? And if she is as good as she seems then she won't let her family suffer because of her..?"

 

"Definitely!"

 

"Yah.. You can't possibly think of what I'm thinking right now, right?"

 

"What? I can't read minds, Tiff.." 

 

"Don't act innocent.. No way, Seohyun!"

 

"What?? Anyway thanks for the chat, I know I could always count on you, Tiff.. I gotta go, I have something to do.. See you.." Seohyun walks to the door, suddenly gets cheered. Too cheered for someone who's been sulking a few minutes ago.

 

"Seohyun I warned you just don't do that.. It could backfire.." Tiffany shouted just to be answered with a door thud. "Oh no.. It smells troublesome already.."


 

***


 

“I'm sorry I was embarrassing you back then..” 

 

“No, it’s not your fault.” Yonghwa said, comforting her. He knows she feels guilty because of the incident. Actually, after that night, people start bad-mouthing him for having a shameful girlfriend. It was always like this in this circle, that's probably why Yonghwa fell in love with Choa, she is genuinely nice and pure. 

 

“I was the one who should be sorry, I should have warned you before. Let’s have a date this week, what do you say?” 

 

“I like it.” She said, smiling widely, she knows Yonghwa is very busy with his work and they have little time to meet, so when he has the time, she will happily go whenever he wants. 

 

“Good night,” Yonghwa said.

 

“Good night, Oppa.” 

 

Yonghwa sighed after he closed her call, she is very cheerful and lovable. He was sure his family wouldn't mind. But he knows what Seohyun said could be true as well, it will be very hard for Choa to live in this circle.

 

He wanted to keep positive though, he would like to try this with her. 


 

***


 

“Uncle, how are you feeling?” Seohyun asked the old man beside her.

 

“I’m fine, of course especially when someone as pretty as our Seohyun-ni is visiting me.” He laughed. 

 

“I’m sorry, I should have visited you often, Uncle.” 

 

“It’s okay. Now tell me what brought you here?”

 

“Of course it’s for visiting you, Uncle.” 

 

“Eyyy.. Really? Don’t you just come to sneak a peek at your Yonghwa Oppa?” He laughed again. This old man beside her is Jung Yun Ho, Yonghwa’s dad and she is in Yonghwa’s house now. After he got ill, Yonghwa’s dad retired and gave the company to Yonghwa to manage. 

 

“You know me so well, Uncle.” She said shyly.

 

“What happened this time? He isn’t allowing you to come to his office again?” Well, this is not the first time Yonghwa did that and every time, she always had her ways to break it. It was always like this, whenever Yonghwa tried to shut her out of his life, she would come to his house and seek protection from his father. Being a good son as Yonghwa, he wouldn't ever dare to prohibit her into his house because his father won’t ever agree to do it. 

 

“Aigoo.. but you know he wouldn’t be here at this hour right?” 

 

“I know.. I came because I want to talk to you, Uncle. I have a message from my father.” She took a document and what looks like a letter, a handwritten letter. He takes the letter and reads it before turning up facing her. 

 

“Is this really what you want, Seohyun-ni?” The only answer she could give is nod silently. “You know I love you and would be happy if you could be my real daughter, since I always think of you as one. But I don’t know what Yonghwa will think about this.” 

 

The grips on her skirt tighten. Gently, Jung Yun Ho taps her shoulder, “This is the deal I can’t refuse, I owe so much to your father. I will try to explain to Yonghwa.. Now, cheer up and smile, will you?” 

 

Seohyun gives her sweetest smile to the man, she knows everything will happen according to her plan. Earlier, she begs her father to help her to win Yonghwa. God knows how much her father has helped the Jung family when their company had their crisis, so she knows Jung Yun H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter