The Ex Lover - Final

For the Good Times and the Bad (Short Stories Compilation)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night seemed long and tiring when you can't even put your eyes to rest. At least for Seohyun. Coming clear with her feeling doesn't make her feel better at all or reduce every pain she had to endure alone. In fact, she felt empty. It was as if bad luck in relationship was looping in circle, that she had to feel this way over and over again, this broken hearted feeling. The tears weren’t as much as she thought it would be. She didn't cry anymore in fact, after the confrontation with Yonghwa earlier that night. She knew she loses her chance to be with him when she gave up of their love years ago. She just felt heavy and awkward now. The thought of how she should react tomorrow in front of him and Shinhye came to her mind. She needed to stay like her usual self but she didn't know if she could be strong enough to put that facade. It's not fair actually for Shinhye who always being nice and friendly to her, while she was acting like a and backstabbing Shinhye by having another feeling that wasn't supposed to be to her boyfriend.

 

The thoughts were filled her mind until she drifted to sleep that dawn.

 

 

 

 

The morning came and she reminds herself to stay calm for today because tomorrow they will coming back to town and she will never see them again. That's her plan until she could totally getting over him at least. But how surprise she was when she heard Yonghwa already came back to town early in the morning due to some business matter. And for some reason, the already comfortable Shinhye wasn't following him, instead she was staying in the lodge with the rest. Why did Yonghwa coming back so sudden? Did he try to avoiding her? Whatever it was it probably better for her she thought; at least she doesn't have to stay pretended being the happy one.

 

She was walking alone in the cold weather that afternoon when she heard giggles from behind the tree. Curious, she took closer steps. Guess what she saw? She saw Shinhye leaning on the tree, getting embraced by a man in an intimate ways possible. She didn't even dodge when the guy leans closer to kiss her lips. Supposed he be Yonghwa? But they said he left this morning so it couldn't be him. The mixed feeling erupted her, no matter how curious she was, she can't let the torture of seeing the man that she loves being intimate with his girlfriend in front of her eyes. She was about to move away when the guy leans his face to the side and leave her to see his face clearly. It wasn't Yonghwa for sure, because it was none other than Jongsuk. Seohyun gaped but managed to not making any sound before she ran quietly from that place.

 

Her steps got halted when a pair of hand catching her arms. She was breathless when she saw the pair of hazel eyes looking back at her quizzically. "Yonghwa?" Her eyes popped in horror as her heart secretly wishes for him not to notice the scene in the background. She realized she doesn't want him to get hurt. How silly of her..

 

"Why did you walk like a thief?" He asked.

 

"What are you doing here? I thought you.. I thought you were back to town this morning?" She asked back, flabbergasted. She doesn't even have time to think about the possibility of her best friend hooking up with her ex's girlfriend after she saw it earlier and now she should face his ex first.

 

"I came back.." He said nonchalantly. When she keeps nervously glancing to her back, he gets curious and tried to peek behind her back, but she block his view instantly.

 

"Why did you come back suddenly?"

 

"What's in there?" He asked.

 

"Nothing.. Nothing.." She answered too quickly.

 

"Really? But it seems.."

 

Seohyun grabs his arm to prevent his move, but he was stronger so he pulls her to him instead. In a desperate attempt she grabs his cheek by force and kisses his lips. He seems a bit startled at first before his lips moving along with her lips. It was started unexpectedly, but when their lips met she felt the longing and desperation from the kisses. His embraces on her tighten when she pulls his hair closer. For a minute she ordered her mind not to think about anything except the taste of his lips. And so here they were.

 

She breaks the kiss to catch her breath. When she opened her eyes, she was welcomed by a pair of pretty eyes looking at her intently. She must do the explanation later but her mind is empty right now. The only thing she wanted to do was to take him once again in a deep and passionate kiss.

 

"We need to talk about this.." He keeps staring at her when suddenly the scene in the background catches his attention. She almost forgets about the pair behind her but it was too late to prevent him not to notice. She knows he saw the scene when he suddenly freezes. He let go off her and she too let her grips on him go and watches his expression silently.

 

"I'm sorry, Yonghwa.." She said.

 

For a second she thought he won't give her any response when he looked at her with his eyebrow raised, "What did your sorry for?"

 

"I didn't mean for you to see it, you know.. It probably hurt to see your loved ones were cheating on you.."

 

"Are you worried about me?"

 

She looked up to him, "Can't I?"

 

"I'm delighted.." He smiled. "Thanks.."

 

"Do you want to confront them?" She asked carefully. "You have all the rights to yell at them and I definitely gave you permission to punch my best friend there if that could make you feel better.. He wasn't that kind of a person originally.. but I don't know what makes him did it to your girlfriend.."

 

"And say what? 'Hey, I see you were kissing another man so I am doing the exact same thing like you did.. with my ex', like that?"

 

"Oh my God.." Seohyun eyes popped open. "I didn't realized.. I'm sorry.. It was meant to be a distraction so you won't see them at first but now I'm making you as a bad guy either.. I didn't think it through.."

 

He chuckled. "I didn't mind if you did it again though.."

 

"Say the one who got so worked out assuming me cheating from my unexist husband.."

 

"It was ugly misunderstanding, I admit. I do loathe a cheater a lot, that's why.."

 

"Now I feel horrible for turning you into one thing that you hate a lot.."

 

"It didn't really cheating if it happened with only one party consent.. I could just excuse myself by saying you were forcing me.."

 

Before Seohyun could protest, they sense the movement from behind so Yonghwa quickly catches her arm to hide behind the tree until Jongsuk and Shinhye left.

 

"What will you do now?"

 

He seems to think for a second before gripping her arms and smile. "I will show you what I will do now.."

 

She thought he will take her to follow Jongsuk and Shinhye but to her surprise, he was headed to the opposite direction. "Where are we going?"

 

He literally dragging her nears the frozen lake and although she was curious she keeps quite and following him. The sun was already set, it made the lake becoming dark and a little bit scary, especially when it was freezing out here. But somehow she felt safe in his touch. She saw the lights from a far but couldn't decide what it was when suddenly he stops moving and face her. "You remember you still owe me a wish, right?

 

She squint her eyes, expecting him to ask any weird wishes. "If you ask me to swim at that frozen lake, I'd drown you first, Yonghwa.."

 

He chuckled, "No.. This is not even a wish I want you to do.. I was just reminding you of your promise to me.. And I'm not that crazy to kill people in front of my nose.. Relaxed and close your eyes.."

 

She closed her eyes and he started walking again, leading her carefully. She stops walking when his hand slips from her shoulder. "Now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter