who he is, who I am

Love Does Not Mean Romance

Seunghoon loved dancing. He had wanted people to know what he can do. He had wanted people to see him, to know his dancing, instead of only showcasing it to a very few interested people in his hometown. He had wanted the world to know him. And so he tried a shot at fame through the survival show audition.

Those high-up people saw it in him, oh, they certainly did. They thought he was original, witty, creative, and somehow, artistic? Something he hadn't really heard back home. So he gave them more of him and his creations. He was thrilled to be seen so positively by people he couldn't even imagine talking to before.

When he got to the big stage, he knew he had to show more - more flashy moves, more extravagance, more astonishing things - so he pushed his creativity to the edge, on the brink of just following his thoughts on what they would want out of him. Boy, how his thoughts were wrong.

"I can't feel Lee Seunghoon in his dancing last week"

"I think he's out of ideas"

"He's trying to look cool now, he became boring and insincere"

They started saying things about him, saying that he was disappointing. Saying things about his talent, about how he only got up to there because he was funny. About how he became superficial. About how he only made the moves without any feeling. Because apparently, they knew him, his dancing style, how he choreographed his stages, and everything he felt.

Lee Seunghoon learned on his last solo stage on Kpop Star that fame doesn’t get people to know you. Fame gets people to think they know you.

 

 

a/n: written for thekpop100