in the dark

Love Does Not Mean Romance

10.23 p.m. June 14, 2013.

Jiho told the members that they should take a rest for the time being to clear their minds, especially after the news they got last week, but his only gets fuzzier. Cursing a dead irresponsible man would do nothing, he knows, so he’s been asking everywhere for a solution. But tonight, he, again, heads home with an unsettling feeling.

He kicks a tiny broken piece of asphalt on his feet, sending it rolling and hitting the curb with a silent tap. He looks up and finds his heart well with nostalgia, he hasn’t been somewhere this quiet for a long time. The sky seems brighter from the dark alley. An unintentional refuge.




11.54 p.m. August 28, 2013.

He presses the remote control rhythmically, flipping through television channels without processing anything displayed on the screen.

A business deal won’t be announced at midnight unlike a song release, sure, but that doesn’t stop his heart from beating frantically with hope and anxiety. He stares at the sole light source in the dark room, desperately looking for something that can distract him and calm his heart. A documentary about the north star is playing on a news channel.




8.05 p.m. May 17, 2014.

Jiho checks his in-ear once more. One of his hands is grabbing a microphone, and the other supporting the weight of his body as he squats. It’s pitch dark, and the loud beat of the speakers moving his heart almost unfamiliar, but he feels rather calm being enveloped by it all. He’s used to the darkness after all.

The portion of the stage under his feet moves up, and the view in front of him snatches his breath away. Spots of lights are spread in front of him. His other members say it’s their ocean.

He thinks it looks more like stars, constellations that guide you on your journey.