burn, baby, burn

Love Does Not Mean Romance

When they came up with the idea, Jisoo opposed it right away. Then, they said that she—“sweet Jisoo”—only opposed because she hadn’t seen her loved ones turn from the disease. That she was very lucky to have her family die before they turned. If she had seen it, she would have wished death to come upon them, because that would be less painful.

She refuted that, even when she wasn’t sure of the truth of it. She was against all kind of murder, and this was massacre. There was nothing left of her to hold on to except her moral compass.

But ultimately, it was the most effective way for them not to catch the disease. A way to protect the girls so they can live peacefully. In the end, she gave in.




Jisoo fidgeted as the three younger girls packed equipments into the car. Gasoline, acid waste from the deserted factory nearby packed into drums, metal poles, bats, guns. And a flamethrower. Jisoo didn’t even remember where they got it from.

“Unnie,” Lisa’s hand tapped her shoulder as the girl approached the car to put even more equipments. “Are you okay? What am I saying, of course not, but—what’s wrong? Are you scared?”

“What? No, not really. You guys left me enough stuff.”

“She still doesn’t approve of what we’re doing,” Jennie chimed in, head lifting up from its position bowing down above the car engine. Her smirk showed both amusement and annoyance. Lisa sent her a sorry smile.

“I’m just wondering if it really needs to be done,” Jisoo said as she leaned on the car, eyes gazing at Jennie who was back to focusing on the car engine.

“I’m tired of running and having to be cautious all the time,” Chaeyoung said slowly from inside the car. She was biting her lips, afraid of re-igniting the fight they had days before.

Jennie slammed the car hood closed, walked inside the torn down building they’ve been staying for the past few weeks, and grabbed four walkie-talkies. She handed one to Jisoo. “They’re not humans anymore, unnie. Don’t hesitate when they get near you. You’re no murder, it’s for defense,” she patted Jisoo’s shoulder, “Stay safe.”

The three girls got into the car, leaving Jisoo. She headed inside to do their usual defense preparation. Only, tonight, nobody will kill them for her.