Chapter 13

The Imperfect Me

"I think I have feelings for Xiumin."

That line has been echoing in my mind ever since Luna decide to dropped the bomb on me. All I answered was an "Oh...". She then talked about about how she fell for Xiumin. I am suppose to be happy for her. But why am I feeling so down? It feels like somebody just stabbed my heart repeatedly, it's painful. I wanted to cry there and then but how could I? Why am I starting to have unpleasant feelings towards Luna? She is the first one to make friends with me. I shouldn't be like this. I don't understand my feelings at all for now. Should I ask Victoria? But that might lead to complications in the group. We just met and make friends so I can't possibly ruin all this. Maybe I shall just keep quiet.

"Ara, are you okay? You seem to be zoning out," Luna asked in concern. 

"Ah, I'm fine. You just dropped the news. Of course I'll be shocked," I replied.

"I'm so sorry. I know this is so sudden. It's just that I really want to share this secret with someone because it is so difficult to keep this secret to myself," she apologised. 

Ahh, she's making me feel bad for having these feelings towards her. No, I should stop feeling like this. After what seems like forever, we finally reached school and we then head to the classroom. 

"Oh, hey guys! You guys are back! Great, just nice! Lay and I are going down to the cafeteria to buy some snacks and drinks. Want to tag along?" Sulli asked us. 

"Nah, I need to head to the toilet. It's kinda urgent and I have a stomachache. It might take quite a while," Luna replied and then she head off to the toilet.

"I think I'll just stay in class for now. I'll try to continue cleaning up the classroom. What have you guys done so far?" I asked.

"Oh well, we are almost done with cleaning up of the teacher's table. Had such a hard time cleaning that up. You should have seen the number of times Lay sneezed while trying to clear the dust off the table and the wires," Sulli said while pointing at Lay's red nose.

"Awww such a pity. I shall takeover the cleaning of the table then," I told them. I felt bad looking at Lay sufferring from all that dust. It must be really frustating. I know how it feels as I also have a sensitive nose.

"So sorry to leave this all to yourself. We'll come back as soon as possible," Sulli apologised.

"It's okay. It is our classroom so we all have to take responsibility to take care of our classroom. Okay guys, you can go and buy your food first. I'll go ahead and start with the cleaning," I urged them to go.

"Thank you so much, Ara! We will be back real soon. Do you need us to help you buy anything?" Lay asked. I just shook my head and then they went ahead to the cafeteria.

Honestly, I just wanted to be alone for a while since I feel down and kinda depressed. I, myself, don't understand what I'm feeling right now. I walked towards the teacher's table. Oh, Sulli and Lay did a really good job clearing the thick layer of dust off the table and the wires. It must have been really difficult for them. I took the old newspapers that were on the table and went to the recycling bin near our classroom. Remember, always recycyle! When I reentered the classroom, I decided to clean up the empty locker at the back. It is definitely going to be a difficult task cleaning up the empty locker with so many spiderwebs inside. I'm just afraid a spider or a cockroach would appear out of nowhere and crawl onto my hands. EWWWW! Just thinking of it brings shiver down my spine. 

*creeeeaaaaak*

That was the sound the locker door made when I opened it. The locker was empty but I can see the vandalism made by our seniors. There were cuss words on the doors of the locker. There were spiderwebs on the sides of the locker. Oh my, please let there be no creepy crawlies, I silently prayed. I took a wet cloth and started to wipe the locker. 

Oh man, it is going to be difficult to clea-- AHHHH!

All of a sudden, I was in the locker and the locker door was closed. Someone had pushed me into the locker but I didn't know who. I heard giggles outside the locker then I heard fading footsteps! I tried to push the door open but it was LOCKED! Someone please help me! I hit the door with hopes that someone walked past my class and heard it. The school was quite empty since it was already quite late. The cafeteria is quite a distance from the classroom. The toilet is at the end on the hallway so it is impossible for Luna to hear my screaming and shouting. I felt my chest tightened and it was suddenly difficult for me to breathe. It must be the dust in the locker. Am I having an asthma attack? I wondered. I started panicking since I haven't had an asthma attack in so long. It didn't help that my inhaler was in my bag. I started gasping for air and I was becoming more and more tired. My vision started blurring. With the remaining energy left, I kicked the door. 

Luna, Sulli, Lay, anybody out there, please help me!