Chapter 23

The Imperfect Me

Xiumin confessed to me! 

That phrase kept ringing in my head. The longer it lingered in my head, the more depressed I felt. Honestly, I already knew that Xiumin will eventually confess to Luna but I didn't know it will be soon. I guess this sudden news just caught me off guard and my heart wasn't prepare for it. I surpressed my tears as I do not want to break down in front of Luhan and Kris. They will only start bothering me. I realised that I left Luna hanging so I decided to send her a reply, congratulating her and how I was happy for her. I was genuinely happy for her but deep down, a small part of my heart disliked her. But I know it is not her fault at all, they both had feelings for each other and this was bound to happen anyway. 

"Yo Ara. Why are you staring at the blank screen of your phone?" Kris asked and that snapped me out of my thought. Apparently, my screen was already blank and I didn't realise it. 

"Yeah, you've been staring at it for quite a while," Luhan agreed and looked me right in the eye, trying to figure out what was wrong with me. Before he could analyse my any further, I turned away so he couldn't see the sadness in my eyes.

"Nothing, I was just tired. Oh, our yoghurts are ready." 

I sighed in relief when the cashier called us over to collect our yoghurt. I paid for both Kris and my yoghurt while Luhan paid for his. I wanted to pay for Luhan but he insisted that he will pay for his own yoghurt. I'm glad that at least I managed to distract them from digging any further. While I ate my yoghurt, I can feel a heated stare directing at me. I looked up and immediately met eyes with Kris. Was he staring at me all this while? I wondered. I gave him a confused look and he just shrugged and continued eating his yoghurt. What the hell was that about? 

"Ara! You know how we talked about studying at my house tomorrow right? I talked to the rest before I left and they agreed," Luhan said breaking the silence. 

"Oh is that so? What time are we meeting though?" I asked Luhan.

"Oh, since the others live quite near me, they are going to meet me at my house. I'll fetch you and Xiumin at the school bus stop at noon," Luhan said and I freezed. Xiumin is definitely the last person I would want to meet right now. If best, I would like to avoid him at all cost. Looking at him just cause my heart to break even more. But then again, I would end up seeing him no matter what since he is my friend after all.

Upon seeing my reaction, Kris raised his eyebrows. I think he is already suspecting something really had happened just now when I was staring at my phone. 

"Uh, yeah sure," I replied Luhan with a smile. An awkward one.

"Great! I can't wait for tomorrow! We are defintely going to have a lot of fun!" Luhan said animatedly. I chuckled slightly at his actions. They were really cute but I would never say that to his face or it'll boost his ego. HAHA.

"How is it going to be fun? We are going to study you know. Which part of studying is fun?" I replied with sarcasm while rolling my eyes at him. Honestly, I was never interested in studying but for my mom's sake, I studied really hard to achieve the good marks. Then, I'll be able to graduate and get into good college, get a decent and stable job so that my mom will never have to work again. I want my mom to rest, enjoy herself, hang out with her friends and most importantly, be healthy and happy. I don't want her to worry about us anymore.

"Trust me, with us around, studying will be a lot of fun," Luhan said while grinning.

"Great, guys, pretend I'm not even here. You guys are now talking to each other, and I feel like a third wheel," Kris said, cutting my conversation with Luhan.

"Oh, if that's the case, why don't you leave?" Luhan retorted. 

"Whatever," Kris said, ignoring Luhan completely. He then turned to me.

"Hey, Mark misses you. He wants to see you soon," Kris informed me. I was surprised that Mark remembered. I didn't know he was so fond of me. He was such a cute and charming kid. Now that I think about it, I miss him too though I only met him for a short while. He really left a big impact on me and I was getting fond of him too.

"Okay, who is this Mark you are taking about?" Luhan asked while raising his eyebrows.

"Kris' younger brother. He's such a charming boy," I replied Luhan.

"Well, obviously he is charming. Just like his brother," Kris said while pointing to himself. Uh what? I wanted to laugh so bad but that would seem very rude so I rolled my eyes instead. However, Luhan beside me was cracking up really bad. He was holding his stomach in pain after all the laughing. Seeing him laugh, Kris got a bit embarrassed and pissed. His face was turning red and he was frowning. Not a good sign.

"Oh, god. Did you even hear what you said? What part of you is charming?" Luhan mocked Kris.

"Luhan, don't be rude please," I pleaded with him before anything happens. I was just scared they would break out into a fight cause the Kris is definitely tense right now and Luhan does not seem to realise it.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop," Luhan said. 

"By the way, how did you know Kris' younger brother?" Luhan looked at me in curiousity. 

"He lives in the same area as me," I said, not wanting to elaborate on any more details. I definitely do not want to tell him how his younger brother actually approached me while I was crying. After replying, Luhan just nodded in acknowledgement. We finished up our yoghurts and then left the shop. By the time we left the shop, it was already evening. Since Kris and I lives in the same area, we left together. Luhan was sad to be alone and he really wanted to send me back but i insisted that I was fine. After much convincing, he glared and Kris and left.