Chapter 4

The Imperfect Me

I went back to class feeling really proud of myself as I have finally made another new friend without much assistance (well, not really since Xiumin was the one who initiated the conversation). 

"I see you have made friends with Xiumin! Good progress there, I know you are still awkward with the rest of us, but I hope we all can get along soon," said Luna. 

I just nodded in agreement. Honestly, I did want to make friends with all of them. I can tell they are a nice bunch of people who genuinely care for their friends. It's just that I don't know how to make friends. I'm afraid what I say will accidentally hurt them. No Ara! You can't be like this! You need to change this attitude of yours if you want to make friends. You need to be more confident, you can do it!

The bell rang and class finally started. Oh gosh, it is history class again. How I hate this class the most. I gave out a loud sigh and I felt that the person sitting beside was looking at me. He chuckled and then face the front. I guess he felt the same? Did I mention that I've never seen my table partner before? Maybe it's because I have my face buried in my books most of the time, I barely look at my partner's face. I tried to catch a glimpse of my table partner. Wait, isn't this guy also a friend of Luna... Hmmm, what's his name again? Hmmm, Pao? No, no! That isn't it. I kept pondering when a small slip of paper landed on my table.

I opened it and saw: Hey! Judging from your face, I guess you can't remember my name? Awww T.T. My name is Tao. Remember that! I'm sorry I didn't talk to you just now. I hope we will be good friends.

I replied: Oh, hey Tao! I guess I was really obvious huh? Haha. Xiumin told me the same thing too! Sorry I forgot your name, I will remember it from today onwards! Don't worry! ^^

I passed the slip of paper to him. He smiled at me and I returned him a smile. I guess he looks quite cute and charming with that smile of his. He gave this feeling of a small kid. I felt like I needed to take care of him well. I needed to pamper him. 

I guess you found me cute, huh? Can we exchange numbers? At least that way, we can to know each other better! Pleaseeeeee

I replied: Honestly, you do look kinda cute. Haha. And sure! I wouldn't mind exchanging numbers! Here is my number: xxxx-xxx-xxxx

Saying that he was cute was quite embarassing since I have never said that to anyone before. This would be my first time saying that to someone. I passed the slip of paper to him and he gave me a slight smile. I really felt like patting his head. Nope, that would be too awkward. It will only make him uncomfortable and ultimately would make him avoid me. I wouldn't want to take the risk. Well, on the bright side, I'm glad I made a new friend again today! So far, the road to a new me is going smoothly. I hope...