park jimin is an angel

coffee, park jimin, and

After a few weeks, Jeongguk's coffee runs have become more and more frequent, along with Hoseok and Taehyung's knowing smiles. "Hey Gukkie, that coffee must be made outta pure gold or somethin, huh?" Hoseok smiles teasingly.

 

 

"Yeah Guk, what brings you to that coffee shop so often? Or should I say, who brings you there?" Taehyung grins widely. Jeongguk raises his eyebrow at the two. "What, a man can't enjoy his coffee anymore? I like coffee, sue me," he says, shrugging lightly.

 

Hoseok and Taehyung smile at each other. "Okay boss, whatever you say," Hoseok pats Jeongguk's shoulder and hops up from the table. "Let's go Taehyungie, I heard there's a cute new barista at the place you used to work at," he pulls Taehyung out of his seat, holding back laughter as he takes in Jeongguk's angry expression. "See ya later Jeongukkie," Taehyung winks at Jeongguk and walks out, hand warmly held in Hoseok's.


-

 

Jeongguk was ed. The one time I handle a drop myself, he thinks to himself. The drop was simple, a couple grams of coke handed over and he'd be done. But because the universe hates him, not only is his client drunk out of his mind, but he's also causing a scene. "Sh-she left me man!" The man wails, whatever remnants of alcohol left in the bottle in his hand sloshing around.

 

The bystanders in the club eye them warily, soft murmurs sounding throughout the crowd. Jeongguk grabs the man roughly by the wrist, pulling him aside. "Shut the up dude, you're causing a scene," he hisses angrily. "Who cares," the man whines, eyes squeezed shut, "the love of my life is gone!" He sobs into Jeongguk's shoulder. 

 

Jeongguk stiffens, awkwardly patting the guy's shoulder. He sighs internally. There's no way he's getting out of this, not unless he wants to be locked up for possession. "It's okay man, just snort this coke and you'll feel a million times better," Jeongguk tries his hardest to sound reassuring, but he probably just sounds like a desperate coke dealer instead. Jeongguk just stands there, letting the guy cry it out until he finally stops, hiccupping slightly.

 

"Thanks man, you're a real bro," he sniffles, patting Jeongguk on the back and pulling out an envelope. Jeongguk sighs in relief. Finally. He snatches the envelope out of the drunk's hand and bows slightly. "Enjoy," Jeongguk says pleasantly, and hurries off before the guy decides he wants to have another mental breakdown.

 

He's finally free, or so he thought. "Stop!" he hears a man cry a few feet away. ", he must've seen me," Jeongguk hurries faster down the street, shoving the envelope further into his pocket. The cop is relentless, chasing after him. He caught up fast, overtaking Jeongguk and tackling him to the ground. "You're under arrest-" Jeongguk shuts him up with a strong kick to the man's gut. " off!" Jeongguk shouts, pushing the cop off of him. The cop manages to give him one last kick in the shin while he's down, and Jeongguk bolts down the street, adrenaline numbing any kind of pain he was feeling. 

 

After a few streets, he slows down considerably, adrenaline finally wearing off. He was scratched up all over from being tackled, and his leg hurts like hell from being kicked. He looks around frantically, desperate to find a place to crash in, at least for a moment. His breath catches as he sees the coffee shop across the street. A moment later, Jeongguk spots Jimin of all people, slowly shuffling down the street, keys in hand. He yawns softly, covering his mouth with his free hand.

 

Jeongguk would find that adorable if he wasn't in so much pain. He quickly hobbles across the street, calling Jimin's name. Jimin's head snaps up, and his eyes widen in recognition. "Jeongukkie?" he calls from across the street. Jeongguk hurries over, almost crashing into Jimin as he reaches the coffee shop. Jimin looks wide awake now. He holds Jeongguk by the shoulders and eyes him up and down, wincing at the scratches and bruises marring Jeongguk's pale skin. 

 

"Don't worry Jeongguk-ah, we'll get you cleaned up," Jimin says shakily, and fumbles with the keys, hurriedly unlocking the door and ushering him in. Jeongguk groans, squeezing his eyes shut. That er was stronger than he looked, Jeongguk was sure that cop bruised him up pretty badly. Jimin grabs Jeongguk's hand, pulling him over to the back room and sitting him in one of the break room's chairs. Jeongguk slumps down in the chair as Jimin rushes around the room in search of supplies to patch him up.

 

He hurries back to Jeongguk, squatting down to look him in the eyes. "Jeongguk-ah, I'm going to clean you up now, okay?"

 

Jeongguk nods, barely moving his head. He winces as Jimin softly runs the towel through his sweat-soaked hair and down to his bloodied lip. "Can you tell me what happened? I'm sure we can call the police and report whoever did this to you," he suggests. Jeongguk holds back a scoff. 

 

What would Jimin think if he knew what really happened? He'd probably be disgusted. So Jeongguk just shakes his head softly. "Don't worry about it Jimin, it's nothing," he mumbles, sounding almost sad. Since when did he care what anyone thought of him? Jimin actually looks angry.

 

"Nothing? It's not nothing, Jeongguk! Look at you! This isn't okay!" Jimin angrily swipes at Jeongguk's lip with the towel. Jeongguk winces.

 

Jimin takes a deep breath. "Sorry, Jeongukkie, I didn't mean to be rough," he says softly, gently smoothing his thumb over Jeongguk's cracked lip. Jeongguk wonders how he ended up with someone like Park Jimin, even if he was just a friendly barista to him. "It's okay," he says quietly.

 

 He must be an actual angel or something, there's no other way to explain it. He sure looks like one. Jeongguk is five hundred percent sure that Jimin's hair is probably as soft as it looks, maybe even softer, and -- Jeongguk's train of thought is cut off when he hears bright laughter.

 

"An angel? Seriously?" Jimin laughs breathlessly, eyes crinkling with amusement, and Jeongguk can feel his face burning up. "Um, I didn't mean to say that..." Out loud, he thinks. Jimin only laughs harder, almost crying at this point. He wipes the last bit of dried blood left on Jeongguk's arm, and straightens back up, wide smile still on his face. "You just made my day, Jeonggukkie."

 

Jeongguk doesn't mind his face burning up if he gets to see Jimin smile like that. "Anyways, why are you out so late Jeonggukkie?” Jimin asks, “Or should I say early? It's nearly 6 AM now." Jeongguk blanks, trying to figure out a good excuse to keep Jimin off his back. "Uh, well you see... I had to go out and get-" he glances around quickly. "Soap!" he says, spotting the soap bottle sitting on the table across the room. "I had to go get some soap... I.. ran out." he says sheepishly, avoiding Jimin's eyes.

 

"....Soap," Jimin says flatly, clearly unconvinced. "You were out at 6 AM for soap. Okay, Jeongguk." He eyes Jeongguk warily. "And how did you get the beat out of you, then? Did you have to fight someone for this soap?"

 

 Jeongguk ducks his head down, not meeting Jimin's eyes. "Can we just... drop it? Please?" Jeongguk asks quietly. Jimin falters. He’s never heard Jeongguk sound so small before. He's always been a confident and bold kind of guy, maybe a little awkward, but always confident, never wavering.

 

Jimin bites his lip, staring at Jeongguk for a moment before sighing. "Fine, we'll drop it. But don't think I won't find out what you're up to, Jeongguk-ah, you're bound to get into trouble again if it's something big enough to hide from me." Jeongguk curses under his breath. Dammit, Jimin was clever. 

 

"Thanks, Jiminnie, I owe you." Jimin's cheeks turn pink. Jiminnie? He's never heard that one before. He pulls Jeongguk up, brushing the dirt off his jacket. "Okay Guk, I have to open the store now, it's already a bit late. Stick around for some coffee if you want? I'll start it right away," Jimin grabs an apron off the wall and ties it over his uniform, shuffling into the kitchen to make a small black coffee.

 

Jeongguk walks out of the back, finding an empty table by the counter to sink into while he waits. His eyes trail after Jimin's small figure in the back, carefully preparing his usual. His mind wanders. What would Jimin do if he knew what really happened? He's a not a stupid guy, Jeongguk knows he's already suspicious of him as it is.

 

Jeongguk is determined not to let Jimin find out.

 


AND THE PLOT THICKENS :o 

let me know what you all think might happen next! :) thanks for reading