mole

coffee, park jimin, and

!!reread the chapter before this if you haven't gone back yet!!

updated it and there's some important changes :^))

side note**: an iljin is a high school gang (you'll wanna know for later in this chap)


 

Jimin squeals and yanks the blankets up past his head. A moment later, he slowly peeks over his blanket pile at the sound of Jeongguk laughing. “Hyung, what are you doing?” he gasps out between laughs. Jimin looks between the rude man and Jeongguk with wide eyes.

 

“Is this the coffee boy? He’s cute, Guk. How’d you get him to put up with you?” Jeongguk smacks the man on the arm. “You wouldn’t know Yoongi hyung, but I have quite the sparkling personality.”

 

Jimin blinks. “…Yoongi hyung? You’re Jeongguk’s hyung?”

 

Yoongi sticks his hand out and smiles. “Yup, nice to meet you coffee boy. Name’s Min Yoongi, but call me hyung if you wanna live.” Jimin takes his hand tentatively, shaking it lightly. “I’m Jimin,” he says shyly, not meeting Yoongi’s eyes.

 

 “Ah, better watch this one, Guk, even I wanna pinch his cheeks a little.” Jeongguk glares at Yoongi as Jimin buries his face in his hands, cheeks turning bright pink. “Did you just come here to terrorize Jimin, or did you have something to tell me?” Jeongguk huffs.

 

Yoongi raises an eyebrow. “Watch it kid, don’t forget who you’re talking to.” Jeongguk lowers his head quickly in apology, and Yoongi ruffles his hair lightly. “Anyways, yeah kid I got news for ya.” Jeongguk tilts his head. “News?”

 

Yoongi nods. “Can’t tell you here though, eyes and ears and all that,” he tilts his head towards Jimin. Jeongguk nods. “Ah, I see. Okay hyung, let’s go to the den then. I assume the rest are already there?” Yoongi confirms this with a grunt and makes his way to the door, leaving Jeongguk to send Jimin off.

 

“Ah... sorry hyung,” Jeongguk says sheepishly. “I know we were supposed to catch up on everything today, but…” He gestures towards the door Yoongi walked out of. Jimin smiles softly, squeezing Jeongguk’s hand reassuringly.

 

“Don’t worry about it Jeongukkie, text me when you’re free and we’ll catch up.” Jeongguk squeezes Jimin’s hand in his for a moment before letting go. “Do you need a ride? Yoongi hyung can drop you off on the way to the den,” he offers.

 

“Yeah, actually that’d be really nice,” Jimin smiles and heads to the door to find his shoes.

 

“Hyung, Jimin needs a ride home!” Jeongguk calls out, walking out to meet the two. Yoongi shrugs and slips his sunglasses on. “Okay. Come on then, Jiminnie.”

 

Jeongguk wonders for a moment if Yoongi will say anything weird to Jimin when they’re alone. Probably not, he thinks.

 

-

 

“So, Jimin, are you familiar with chloroform?” Yoongi asks, one hand resting on the steering wheel and the other by his side.

 

Jimin’s eyes widen and he nervously wrings his hands in his lap. “I uh… I guess? I mean I’ve seen it before in movies,” he stutters, somewhat expecting Yoongi to attack him right here while he’s speeding twenty miles over on the freeway.

 

“Ah, it’s a bit more messy than Hollywood would like you to think,” Yoongi chuckles. He glances over at Jimin, noting the sudden paleness of his skin. Good, he thinks to himself. Nothing like a good scare to remind the kid of who’s coming after him if Jeongguk gets hurt.

 

“Um... w-why do you ask, hyung?” Jimin asks timidly. Yoongi chuckles again, and Jimin can’t say it’s a very comforting sound. “No reason Jiminnie, just wondering. Anyway, you do realize that what me and Jeongguk do, this… business for lack of a better word, isn’t very safe, right?”

 

 Jimin bites his lip nervously. “Jeongguk didn’t tell me anything specific, but I know it’s dangerous…” he trails off.

 

Yoongi nods, tapping his fingers against the steering wheel. “Not gonna sugarcoat it kid, it’s a dangerous business. It’s very likely that Jeongguk could end up getting hurt or even killed, I’ve seen it happen before.” Jimin nods his head shakily. And to think he was worried before. He had no idea what was coming.

 

Yoongi seems to pause for a moment, considering something. “Look Jimin, I don’t wanna scare you, you’re a nice kid. Jeongguk likes you a lot, and trust me when I say that’s something rare. I just need to know your intentions. What are you really after here? Money, right?”

 

Jimin’s eyes widen and he stares at Yoongi in shock. “Money?” he spits out, fists clenched angrily. “Hyung, I know you’re looking out for Jeongguk but you got it all wrong! Jeongguk is a really important friend to me! I’d never be friends with him just for money, how could you even think-“

 

 Yoongi pats him on the shoulder and chuckles. “Relax kid, that’s all I was looking for. Dunno why you like him so much, he’s about as emotional as a rock, but either way I’m glad you like him.” Jimin blushes at this, glancing out of the window to avoid Yoongi’s eyes.

 

Yoongi drives the rest of the way in a comfortable silence. Jimin smiles to himself, feeling extremely grateful that Jeongguk has Yoongi to watch his back.

 

-

 

“So,” Jeongguk raises his voice slightly as he walks in, plopping into his desk chair. “What’s the news?” Taehyung and Hoseok exchange nervous looks, and even Namjoon, the gang’s top analysist and most of the brains behind every operation, is nervously fidgeting in his seat. Jeongguk already knows it must be something big if Yoongi got Namjoon to leave his apartment-sized office. 

 

“Well sir, uh…” Taehyung trails off, looking anywhere but at Jeongguk. “Well?” Jeongguk probes. His question is met with more silence, no one willing to drop the bomb. Jeongguk’s been known to blow up on people sometimes, and nobody wanted to handle that.

 

Luckily for them, the door slams open and Yoongi stalks into the room, throwing himself into the chair closest to Jeongguk’s desk. “Alright, so what are we gonna do about that stupid iljin?” Jeongguk tilts his head in confusion. “Iljin? Since when do we give a about some kid’s gang?”

 

Yoongi runs a hand through his hair roughly. “Yeah, normally they’re in worthless, annoying at the most, but this time it’s different.” Jeongguk motions for him to continue. “They’ve been ing with our drops, Guk. Somehow, they’ve been finding out when and where we meet and jacking the goods before anyone can stop them.”

 

“And? Just beat the outta them why’s that so hard?” Jeongguk shrugs.

 

“That’s the thing Jeongguk, we did. We… negotiated... with them, but the problem is they still got a hold of our information somehow. Who knows how much more they know, or how they got it.” Jeongguk sighs, slumping down to rest his cheek in the palm of his hand. “, that’s why Namjoon’s here then?” Yoongi nods.

 

“So we got a mole, then.” Jeongguk looks at everyone in the room sharply. “Now, I’d like to think that you guys, you wouldn’t do this. For now, I’m gonna say it’s not any of you. However, that means that all of you better start digging.” Everyone nods vigorously.

 

“Alright then,” Jeongguk sits up and claps his hands. “Taehyung, Hoseok, you two are in charge of weeding out any kind of info from the inside. Get real friendly with our goons, figure out if it’s one of them. Namjoon, you’re online. Double check the security behind our databases, fix any leaks you find.”

 

“Not a problem boss, we’ll head out now,” Hoseok smiles and heads out, Taehyung following close behind. Namjoon nods grimly. “On it, boss.” Jeongguk nods at the three, and turns to Yoongi. “Hyung, you’re with me.” Yoongi smiles at Jeongguk knowingly.

 

Jeongguk smiles back. “Alright, let’s catch our mole.” 

 


sorry this is late af

i'll try to update more regularly ;;

thanks for reading <3