things will get better?

coffee, park jimin, and

For the first time in Jeongguk's life, he skipped out on work. Not that anyone would dare say anything against it anyways, that's a perk of being basically the entire den's boss. He groans, burying himself under his fluffy down comforter. His head was killing him. He drank enough soju in the past few days to have him knocked out, it's a miracle he's even awake now. Not that it matters, it would be easier if he could just sleep through the rest of his life.

 

The day he came home from the park, he marched straight into his kitchen, pulling out every alcohol-based drink he could find. Might as well drink until that entire afternoon and Jimin's shocked expression were wiped clear out of his memory. Better to forget than to deal with the feeling of his heart being ripped out. 

 

Even though that sounded like a great plan the night before, he wasn't so sure now. Not only does he feel like death now, but he also had a lot of time to think after the alcohol loosened him up. He still can't completely wrap his mind around why he's feeling this way.

 

 Sure, having your best friend actually fear you can make you feel pretty ty, but why does his heart feel completely crushed? This feels worse than the time Yoongi ignored him for a week straight after Jeongguk stole his car and snuck out of the apartment they shared back then, and that was pretty horrible. 

 

Not to mention the fact that Jeongguk’s not exactly a “people person” as his friends say. He could care less if it was Taehyung who ran away from him, or really anyone else. But not Jimin, Jimin was different. But why?

 

You love him, his drunken mind repeated over and over that night. No, there's no way that could be it. But even as he denied it over and over that night and even now, he can feel everything beginning to fit in place.

 

Why else would he let Jimin drag him along to the theatre to watch horrible rom coms, and even enjoy watching them with him? Why would he let Jimin rest his head on his shoulder when they take the train together? Why does he take off his own scarf without hesitation to wrap it around Jimin when it's cold outside?

 

.

 

He's going back to sleep, this. As he was finally beginning to drift off, a sharp banging on his front door jolts him awake. He groans, rolling off the bed and lightly padding down the hallway. The door practically comes unhinged the second he unlocks it. Yoongi bursts into the room, and right into Jeongguk.

 

 Jeongguk falls on his with a loud "what the fu-ow!" Yoongi looks down at him, unimpressed. "Well, you're not dead," he says conversationally, pulling Jeongguk back up.

 

"Why the haven't you texted me back? You could've been dead and I would have no idea and-" Jeongguk interrupts by barreling into him, wrapping his arms tight around Yoongi's small waist. Yoongi stares at Jeongguk, now crushed into his body, and slowly settles his arms around the boy. "Okay, okay, what happened kid? You haven't hugged me since you were twelve." Jeongguk lets out a shuddering sigh and tears begin to fall. "H-hyung," he sniffles, "c-can you just hug me for a while? I think I'll fall apart if you don't", his voice cracks, and he realizes how much everything really hurt

 

Yoongi sighs, peeling Jeongguk's shaking body off of him. He plops down onto the couch, motioning for Jeongguk to follow. Jeongguk falls into him as he slumps down on the couch, and Yoongi wraps both his arms around him again. They sit there for a while, Yoongi just letting the boy cry it out. After a while, Jeongguk nods off, head rolling onto Yoongi's chest. Yoongi carefully unsticks himself from Jeongguk's tight grasp and wanders into the kitchen. 

 

Jeongguk finds himself alone as he wakes up, and he feels his chest tighten. Did Yoongi leave him? He whips his head around, frantically searching the room for the goon. Yoongi comes shuffling out of the kitchen, mugs of tea in hand, and Jeongguk slumps back down in relief. Yoongi carefully sets the tea down on the table. "Drink," he says firmly, pointing to the mug.

 

Jeongguk eyes it warily, and takes a small sip just to keep Yoongi off his back. "Good," he says calmly, watching as Jeongguk downs the rest of it in a few gulps. "Now tell me why you fell off the face of the Earth yesterday, and why you're acting like someone just ran over your dog."

 

Jeongguk takes a deep breath. "I told him, hyung. I told him about me," he says quietly, and Yoongi nods. "Ah, the coffee boy?" Jeongguk's head shoots up, cheeks reddening slightly. "How did you know who he was?! Are you following me again because I swear-" Yoongi smacks Jeongguk upside the head, effectively shutting him up. " kid, I'm not an idiot. Even I've noticed how mopey you get when you haven't seen that kid in a while, do you really think I'd have to follow you around to figure that one out?" he grunts. 

 

Jeongguk sighs. "God, I'm so stupid. Everyone knew except me." Yoongi pats his arm reassuringly. "Well you know now, and that's what matters. I'm assuming he didn't take it well considering you cried and snotted all over my shirt for about an hour," he grimaces, pulling at the hem of his shirt. Jeongguk smiles sheepishly. "Sorry hyung," he says quietly. Yoongi smiles. "Nothing to worry about kid, I was just waiting to see that smile again."

 

"What do you think I should do hyung? He literally ran away from me, he couldn't even speak to me after I told him. He just ran," Jeongguk sighs again, wanting to erase the image of Jimin's terrified face. "Have you ever considered that maybe he just needs some time? I mean, when I broke it to you that Santa wasn't real, you wouldn't talk to me for like an hour. Stuff like that takes time, yknow?" Jeongguk scoffs. "Like this is anything close to that, hyung! This is serious!" Yoongi sighs, running a hand through his hair.

 

"I know kid, I know this means a lot to you. But all jokes aside, maybe he really does need time. It's hard for people when you just drop big things like that." Jeongguk thinks for a moment. Could Jimin really be okay with this? Could it really be that he just needs some time to accept it?

 

"Just give it a couple days, kid. Maybe he'll come around," Yoongi grunts, getting up and ruffling Jeongguk's hair. 

 

Jeongguk feels a million times better. At least that’s what he says, until Yoongi leaves. The door softly clicks shut, and Jeongguk's face drops, immediately frowning. There's no way that Jimin would accept him, he knows better than to believe that. His parents clearly never did, why would Jimin be any different?

 

 Even if he had never joined the gang, there surely would be something else about him that would push Jimin away. Jeongguk knows he's not the most cheerful person. He knows that he can be cold and rough. Why would Jimin want to stay with him in the first place?

 

To be honest, he was doing Jimin a favor by telling him this. This way, he'd never have to deal with Jeongguk again. Surely Jimin must be feeling relieved now.

 

-

 

It's been two weeks. Jeongguk hasn't left his apartment. He can't even tell the days apart anymore, he's stuck in a cycle of sleeping, drinking, and on even worse days, highs. After meeting Jimin, he swore off the stuff for a while to keep the guilt away, but what's the point now? He's still a ty person, drugs or not. It's not like Jimin would ever know, he's long gone.

 

His phone buzzes, and he throws it against the wall, watching as it cracks and bounces across the floor. Yoongi has been texting him at least three times a day and bringing food over every other day, and it was driving him crazy. He knows his hyung means well, but it's too much. He wants to be alone, he can take care of himself fine, clearly.

 

Jeongguk switches the tv on, content to binge watch a season of Friends just like he did yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that.

 

As he snuggles into his comforter and turns up the volume with his remote, he hears a soft knock at the door. He glances over, waiting for Yoongi to barge in like he always does. He doesn't.

 

Another knock sounds, this time more firm. Jeongguk sighs, doesn't Yoongi know by now that it's unlocked? "It's unlocked, , like it has been all week!" Jeongguk shouts, hoping he can hear past the door. After a long moment of silence, the door slowly swings open, a curious brown mop of hair peeking through. Jeongguk freezes.

 

"Jimin?"


dun dUn dUNNNNNN :o

is it jimin? or is it another cute boy creepin in kook's apartment ? :o jk we all know its jimin here to save his boyfrendddd

not sorry :)