coffee boy

coffee, park jimin, and

The alarm sound is almost deafening. Jeongguk grunts, reaching over to smash his phone's snooze button. " you Hoseok," he grumbles. Hoseok is the only one who would change his default alarm sound to Twice's Cheer Up Baby. him, he's cheerful. Cheerful enough, considering the fact that he cracks people's heads in for a living.

 

He groans, kicking his blankets off and sitting up. He has a massive case of bedhead, fluffy tufts of black hair sticking up everywhere, which would be cute except for the fact that he's also covered in dried blood. Not his, of course. He rolls out of bed and shuffles to the bathroom. He smells like death, which is quite fitting considering the previous days' events.

 

Humming his alarm tone under his breath (not his fault it's a catchy song), he sticks a toothbrush in his mouth and hops into the shower. After making sure that he's at least somewhat presentable, he grabs his keys and slams the door, heading to the cheap coffee shop by his apartment. 

 

The bell jingles softly as he walks in. "The usual, head," Jeongguk grunts at the counter, not even glancing up from his phone. After a moment, Jeongguk glances up, not used to being met with silence. His eyes widen a bit. "Oh , sorry, uh my friend Tae usually works this shift.”

 

"It's okay," the barista says quietly, and smiles. "I'm new, I work the morning shifts now." Jeongguk wonders if he was blessed in a past life. Not only is this guy five hundred percent less annoying than Taehyung already, he's cute too.

 

 "Ah, I see. Well um… Jimin," he says, peering down at the guy's nametag, "can I get a plain black coffee? Just a small." Jimin smiles brightly, and Jeongguk knows he's totally ed. "Sure thing um-" 

 

"Jeongguk." Jeongguk says.

 

"Sure thing Jeongguk-ssi," Jimin flashes another shy smile and turns to the coffee machines in the back.

 

"Jeongguk-ssi! Small black coffee!" Jimin calls out a moment later. Jeongguk shuffles back up to the counter and grabs his drink. "Have a nice day," Jimin says cheerily, and Jeongguk raises his hand in a small wave as he walks away, wondering if Jimin would still be as pleasant if he knew what he did for a living.

 

"So boss, what's on your mind?" Hoseok says, smirking at Jeongguk over his half- polished gun. Jeongguk's been much quieter than usual, and that's saying something considering he barely talks on a normal day. "Yeah boss, what's up?" Taehyung grins, calling out from across the den.

 

"Thinking about that pretty girl from last night?" Jeongguk grimaces. "You all know I'm gay as , shut up," he grumbles, counting the money he's earned from the day's drug runs. "And es aren't my thing either." He pockets the wads of bills, shoving them deep down in his pocket.

 

"I dunno about that boss, you don't seem interested in anyone, not even Seokjin and we all know that everyone's been interested in Jin at least once," Hoseok says. Taehyung hums in agreement.

 

"Just because I'm not shoving my tongue down Taehyung's throat like some people doesn't mean that I'm not gay," Jeongguk says snarkily. Taehyung giggles, and Hoseok pouts. 

 

"Why are you still here anyway? You've got at least three more runs today Taehyung. And you shouldn't even be here Hoseok, I know your ribs are still ed up."

 

The two members get the hint, and stand up to leave. "I'll be going then, boss. See ya," Taehyung says with a mock salute, dragging Hoseok away with him.

If he's completely honest with himself, Jeongguk doesn't know why his mind is so preoccupied. Must be the drugs, he thinks to himself. It's not like snorting lines of helps you focus or anything. He shrugs, pushing the uneasy feelings away. 

 


and so it begins! sorry about it being short my beginnings are always super short ;; pls look forward to the next part!

thanks for reading