two.

Earbuds and Spilled Coffee

Hoseok has dropped his coffee for the third time this month. Yoongi honestly finds it hilarious, but he tries to keep a straight face as he pulls out some napkins from his bag and helps an extremely embarrassed Hoseok sop up the mess. 

He's actually started carrying napkins in his bag just for this reason, just to help Hoseok clean up his spilled coffee. Hoseok has been quite busy, Yoongi's been told, because their annual fashion show is coming up and all of the designers are being put under tremendous pressure to produce stunning outfit ideas. Under all this stress, Hoseok has been staying up extremely late. So he stumbles onto the bus every morning, half asleep, and sinks into a seat, taking gulps of coffee. Yoongi finds it funny because Hoseok falls asleep, causing him to drop his coffee cup as soon as he drifts off.

It's kind of mean, yes, but that's just how Yoongi is. 

The next day, as Yoongi complains to a half-asleep Hoseok about how he keeps losing his earbuds, the younger boy simply reaches into his bag and pulls out a brand new pair of earbuds. 

"For you," Hoseok mumbles, rubbing his eyes. "Since you're always losing them and complaining about them. Will this shut you up?" 

Yoongi ignores the slight insult and grins at Hoseok, flattered. "Did you actually buy these for me?" 

"They were ridiculously cheap, don't get all excited." 

"Thanks, Hoseok!" Yoongi playfully ruffles the younger's hair, in a significantly improved mood now that he has earbuds. 

"Mm." 

Yoongi barely manages to catch Hoseok's coffee two more times in the next few minutes as Hoseok keeps falling asleep. 

☀︎

"Thanks," Yoongi says as the younger boy politely holds open the door for him. Once they're both inside, Jimin greets them cheerfully. 

"Hey, Jungkookie! Hi, Yoongi hyung!"

Yoongi turns and looks at Jungkook, eyes twinkling with amusement. "Jungkookie?"

Jungkook looks away, cheeks flaming. "It's just a nickname," he murmurs. 

"Yeah, hyung," Jimin says, tilting his head in confusion and looking at Yoongi. "It's not that funny."

Yoongi just shrugs and walks off to his room, grinning at how adorable Jungkook had been around Jimin.

He sinks into his chair and reaches into his bag, his smile widening when he pulls out his new earbuds. 

Thank god for Jung Hoseok. 

☀︎

"Doesn't he look great?"

Yoongi nods, examining the attractive young man on the cover. "Yeah, he is." 

"See that shirt he's wearing?" Hoseok asks excitedly, pointing. "I designed that! Taehyung's going to be wearing it at the Fashion Show, too!"

A smile finds its way onto Yoongi's face as he listens attentively to Hoseok talk. He likes how Hoseok's eyes light up when he mentions his sunbaes. He likes how Hoseok smiles when he mentions Taehyung. He loves how Hoseok listens to him, clinging on to every word, when he talks about his own job. And most of all, he admires the way Hoseok always seems to be happy, even if everything is going wrong. If Yoongi has had a horrible day at the studio, he can always count on Hoseok to make him happy again. He loves it. Hoseok is the closest friend he's had in a while.

The two exchange numbers the next day, and Yoongi puts in a little sun next to his name. When Hoseok asks him why, he answers, "Because your smile is as bright as the sun." 

Hoseok nearly kills him in a bone-crushing hug, smiling a smile so bright that it nearly blinds Yoongi. 

Correction: Hoseok's smile is brighter than the sun. 

  ☀︎ 

It's two in the morning, and Yoongi sits at his computer, making final touches to his latest song. His boss told him that if he'd produced an impressive enough song for Rap Monster's newest album, he could be featured in it. Jumping at the opportunity, Yoongi had sat down at his computer for five hours straight, composing and producing a brand new song.

His cell phone then suddenly starts ringing, nearly scaring Yoongi out of his skin. 

"Hello?" 

"Y-Yoongi hyung?" 

Yoongi frowns. "Hoseok, are you- crying?" 

"Ye-Yeah."

"Why, what happened?"

"I'm trying to finish this one design and my boss said it's due tomorrow but I can't finish it, I don't know what to do, hyung-"

"Okay, Hoseok. First of all, calm down. It's going to be fine. Just tell your boss that you weren't able to finish it because you just weren't hit with that right inspiration, or something like that. He'll understand, right?"

Hoseok hiccups before answering. "Maybe." 

"I'm sure he will, Hoseok. Stop crying now. It's going to be fine."

It takes several more minutes for Hoseok to fully calm down, and Yoongi bids him a gentle good night as he hangs up the phone and gets up as well to go to bed. 

He hopes Hoseok will be okay. 

☀︎

Hobi ☼: AGH I'M ABOUT TO SHOW THE DESIGNS TO THEM WISH ME LUCK

Yoongi: GOOD LUCK (^◡^)づ

Yoongi: FIGHTING!!! 

Hobi ☼: aww, I'm worth the extra five seconds to pick out an emoji? I'm touched, hyung

Hobi ☼: AGH gotta go, see u later!

Yoongi: byee ❤️

"Wow, you're actually smiling. Someone special?"

Yoongi looks up to see Jimin staring at him with a knowing look on his face. Shaking his head, he says, "No, just a friend." 

Jimin rolls his eyes. "That's bull. The way you were staring at your phone- that's not what people look like when texting a friend." Jimin smiles. "You like someone, don't you, hyung?" 

Yoongi shakes his head furiously, heat rushing up to his face. "Of course not!" he cries. "You really think I have time for relationships or crushes right now?" With a huff, he walks off to his personal little room. 

Jimin is so irritating.

☀︎

A/N: any votes and comments are greatly appreciated, thank you! xx