First day

Blurred

Suho had laid out her uniform the day before school started. A small black skirt and a white blouse with the school's logo on it. The first day was always exciting but it was also nerve wracking. Her mind was set on starting fresh and making new friends without drama. She wanted to make it through this year without problems.

"Suho? Chanyeol is here, she said that she wanted to walk to school with you," Her mother called from the kitchen downstairs. Suho had almost completely forgot that Chanyeol was accepted into the same school. They were never that close.

'What do you mean she wants to walk to school together?' Suho thought to herself as she climbed down the stairs. Chanyeol was sitting on the steps of her front porch, waiting for Suho. Chanyeol wore an outfit similar to Suho's except instead of a skirt she wore pants. Her legs were always too long for appropriate-length skirts.

"Hi?" Suho greeted Chanyeol. Chanyeol did a 180 and smiled at Suho, pulling her in for a hug.

'What the..?'

"Good morning," Chanyeol replied to her, pulling back from the hug. She swung her bag and put it on both of her shoulders. On the back it had her name stitched. Suho had known Chanyeol was a very touchy person but she didn't know Chanyeol had the balls to hug her.

"Suho, don't forget breakfast! Here you go girls, have a good first day at school," Suho's mother gave both of them egg sandwiches and pushed them nearly off the porch. Chanyeol thanked her mom and promised to talk about the school day later.

"Bye Momma," Suho waved goodbye and started walking in the direction of the school with Chanyeol not too far behind.

"Your mom's really nice," Chanyeol told Suho as they passed the second block. Suho didn't want to communicate this early in the morning. It was exhausting. She knew her mother was nice. It was her Mom.

"Is it true that you can't see colors?" Chanyeol questioned her, halfway through eating her sandwich. Suho stopped walking and turned to look at the giant who was towering over her. She knew people talked about how she got colors mixed up all the time and how she was color blind. It was the 'hot gossip' at her old school.

"Please don't tell anyone," she pleaded Chanyeol, grasping for her arm. "It would really to be 'that girl who can't see colors' on the first day of high school."

Chanyeol smirked at her which gave Suho a weird feeling in her stomach. Chanyeol was quiet for a moment. It made Suho think of all the looks she got during middle school when she told her classmates that she couldn’t see colors. She felt like an outcast.

"Okay, I won't tell. As long as you walk with me to school, almost everyday. Like if you're sick, you don't have to go to school with me."

It seemed like Chanyeol only wanted a friend to be near. A person who she could rely on for support but that didn’t make it okay to blackmail someone.

Suho sighed before nodding her head in agreement. She had not choice but to comply. Chanyeol squealed and wrapped her arm around Suho's shoulders. Chanyeol smelled of daisies and vanilla. Suho wasn’t complaining but it messed with the rose perfume had put on before they left her house.

"This is going to be so much fun!" Chanyeol exclaimed and started yapping about how the start of High school could change their lives forever and how they could find their sweethearts. It drained Suho.

Suho walked with her new ‘friend’ while Lay had just begun getting ready for the day.

"Lay!" His mother pounded on the locked bathroom door for the third time this morning. The music from his stereo was up and the water was running making it impossible to hear anything. He got out of the shower and turned off the music and looked at his phone. He shoved his glasses on his face and realized it was fifteen minutes before school had to start.

"," He muttered under his breath. He wiggled into his clothes and blow dried his hair, combing it with his fingers. He put his new uniform on and slung his bag over his shoulder, not noticing the tags that hung out from the side. He sprayed plenty of axe while his mother threw a muffin at him and told him to hurry up next time (as well as many other words). She ripped off the tags for him while he wiggled into his shoes.

He laughed at her farewell and kissed his mother on the cheek. He wrapped his arms around her one last time before dashing out of the door. His friends were all waiting for him outside of the school, they greeted him with vivid smiles and invited him inside.

“Look who finally made it!” Kai greeted another boy that was at a locker. He had bleach blond hair and quite an interesting nose. His uniform was wrinkled and wasn’t tucked in, his blazer being the thing that stood out the most. Lay was pretty sure only upperclassmen wore blazers and this boy didn’t seem like an upperclassman.

“Lay, this is Tao Huang. He’s a Junior and his family makes some bomb Chinese food. They own the restaurant down the street,” Kai wraps an arm around Tao and they smile at each other, like old friends. “More importantly, he’s your...like go to guy? A senior basically.”

Lay shyly smiled and shook hands with Tao. A cluster of seniors passed by them, they all push the tiny freshmen out of the way.

‘Is this how everyday is going to be like?’ Lay thought to himself as the seniors all glared at the underclassmen.

In the corner of Lay’s eye he saw a boy who stuck out like a sore thumb. He was bald, like that anime character from one punch man. He was their leader almost. Almost.

“You guys, stop being jerks. You all were freshmen. s,” he muttered. The boy sauntered over to the group of boys that now surrounded Tao’s locker. He was the tallest, and his ironed uniform was somewhat in dress code. Lay wanted him to be his senior, not Tao.

“Who are you?” The boy approached him, cautious of his own tone. He wasn't a big bad wolf, like Lay had envisioned all the seniors to be. It lifted a weight off his shoulders.

“I'm Lay Zhang,” he introduced himself. The others looked away and started talk among themselves. It was easier to focus on their conversation, instead of being gazed at like a carnival show. It felt like a friendly conversation between friends instead of freshman and senior.

“I'm Kris Wu. You're a freshman? If you ever need anything, you can always hit me up. Don't be afraid just because I'm a senior,” Kris said. He patted Lay on the back. Tao snapped his head as soon as he heard that and waved his hand in Lay’s face, taking the spotlight away from Kris.

“You can always count on me Lay, I’m your senior not this dip,” Tao smirked at Kris. The boys pushed each other and laughed together. It was apparent that it didn't matter who Lay came to, because they were both pretty chill.

“God, I hate guys so much,” a girl complained behind Lay. Her voice was a bit whiny, and annoying. He whipped his head around and looked directly in the face of a giant. A cute, annoying voice giant alongside her short friend. The tall one had her name stitched across her bag. Chanyeol.

“You have your name stitched to your bag, what are you? Twelve?” A boy named Baekhyun rolled his eyes at her. They looked at the short friend, which was also a girl. She had heart shaped lips and round, dark eyes. Eyes that made you feel fear for the rest of your life if you stared too long. She had her name embroidered into her fleece. Kyungsoo.

“Let’s just leave,” Chanyeol sighed. She placed her bag in the locker next to Kyungsoo’s and shut it. “They aren't that cute anyways Soo. Besides, we have to find Suho.”