Taking The Wrong Side

Fanservice

Don't think Mingyu and I went to bed after that rather short kiss in the kitchen. Of course, we didn't. Instead, I found myself being dragged to the living room and pushed on the couch pretty soon after that, Mingyu climbing on top of me with a smirk plastered on his lips before leaning down and crashing them on mine. It was one of those kisses which were filled with hunger, Mingyu's lips almost desperately engulfing mine, his hands finding my waist soon after, moving upwards to touch the bare skin under my loose shirt. 

And I kissed back without hesitation, intertwining my fingers behind his neck and opening my mouth almost immediately to let our tongues meet. I didn't even question why he felt this sudden need for me, but it's not like I disliked it either and so I let him kiss me eagerly, enjoying it to the maximum, until I had to part from his lips due to my breathlessness.

But Mingyu didn't stop there.

His lips went on to my neck, nibbling on it's skin and soon kissing and it, making me gasp for air. The sensation of his hot tongue against my flesh did things to me which shouldn't be put into words and I honestly had to stop myself from out loud, pushing Mingyu's chest and telling him to stop while taking in a huge breath, my eyes opening widely, surprised.

Mingyu bit his lip while looking at me, smiling sheepishly. 

"Remember how I said that I want to try it all out? I'm serious about that", he muttered while his lips, leaning down again but not quite letting our lips meet yet: "Be my boyfriend, Wonwoo."

I was shocked.

I wanted to ask if Mingyu was joking and making fun of the shameless state I was presenting myself in, but as his lips crashed on mine once again, his teeth nibbling, his hands exploring, I was in such ecstasy that I lost my mind and trusted him without doubt.

It was all too much, too good to be true. And yet I believed it all, tears of happiness soon making their way down my cheeks while I kissed Mingyu with all the passion and love I had.

Mingyu didn't kiss me out of love, but hell, at that point I wasn't even aware of that and I'm pretty sure that if I had known it, I would've accepted his touches anyways.

"Okay", I mumbled against his lips, my voice unsteady, face flushed red from the heat radiating from Mingyu's body: "I'll be your boyfriend."

Mingyu didn't smile at that. Instead, he chuckled once again, probably liking how easily I let him delude me, before using his thumb to wipe the tears off my cheeks: "Good, so stop crying already and be the happy person I want to see."

I nodded, smiling at him.

"I am happy", I whispered, biting my lip while looking at him with sparkling eyes: "I'm the happiest person in the world and it's thanks to you."

Mingyu grinned.

"Well, that's all I need you to be", he uttered and let me tell you, he was serious when saying that. Just that he didn't want me to be happy for my sake but for his. 

Mingyu was doing everything for selfish reasons and I was simply too naive to notice that back then.
______

From that day on I experienced something what you might call an intensive love relationship.

I was in heaven, honestly.

Since our activities in public were cut down to the minimum so that we could have time to work for our next album, we spent most of our days at the dorm or in the company, writing and recording songs with great effort. But  I'm going to be honest with you, we certainly did not work all the time. 

Especially not Mingyu and me.

More than often, we were way too busy with each other to even do that. Saying we had to write some of our rap lyrics and needed peace for that, we would leave the other members by themselves just to find an empty room for us to hide in when connecting our lips, giggling and smiling while sharing mostly quick and sweet kisses.

Make-out sessions would follow sometimes, but since we didn't have much time, we decided to have those when we weren't supposed to work. After all, we had to get some lyrics written, not wanting to be too suspicious in front of the other members. 

Honestly, it didn't even take me long to completely forget all the unhappiness and mistreatment I'd gone through before, because Mingyu's soft smile and the way he would caress my lips was enough for me to have nothing but him on my mind.

By now I'm pretty sure that everyone must've realized that something wasn't normal with me since I smiled and laughed way too much, blushed even more when being necked for Mingyu and my closeness and all together just behaved much more cheerful than before.

I was literally shining. 

My lips often red and swollen from Mingyu's kisses, a light blush on my usually so pale cheeks and my eyes almost sparkling from pure bliss, I looked so different compared to the usual lifeless and blank expressions everyone was so used to that I'm still wondering how nobody ever addressed it all.

I guess they just didn't want to make me feel awkward. Or maybe they were too dense to connect everything.

It was about two weeks after everything had started when Seungcheol wanted to have a talk with me, saying it was rather important and couldn't wait any longer. Honestly, I thought he wanted to tell me to stop being so obvious about my relationship with Mingyu or maybe that I should stop neglecting my work because of that.

But Seungcheol's words were nothing like that.

"Wonwoo, I don't really want to say this, but I think you should know the truth before you get hurt", he told me, sighing and clearly hesitating before continuing: "You know, I don't think Mingyu has the feelings for you that you want him to have. I don't even know why he tells you he does, but there's no way that he could be into you."

It was a direct and rather harsh way to tell me the truth, but Seungcheol probably didn't see another solution than to be blunt about it all. I only chuckled at him anyways, not believing Seungcheol's words at all. Hell, I didn't even give them a thought but just crossed them out of my mind in an instant, way too happy to accept such ugly words.

"Hyung, don't worry. Maybe you can't understand Mingyu at this point, but believe me, he definitely has feelings for me", I told him, smiling brightly, convinced of Mingyu's innocence: "The whole situation probably just seems a bit confusing to you."

Seungcheol shook his head at me.

"No, Wonwoo, listen to me. He even told me that he doesn't like you in that way", he explained to me, looking concerned: "I've wanted to tell you about this all this time but I just couldn't bring myself to burst your bubble of happiness. But now I'm convinced you have to know about this. Mingyu isn't in love with you at all, he just wants you to think he is so that you're happy."

I let out a laugh.

"And why would he do that?", I questioned, grinning: "Hyung, I'm aware you only mean well but I think I know a little better what Mingyu feels for me than you do."

Seungcheol's words just didn't make sense to me and so they couldn't even invade my mind. I didn't doubt Mingyu at all which is why everything Seungcheol was saying seemed like complete nonsense to me.

"Look, isn't it weird how he's like that all of the sudden? Just three weeks ago he was treating you like dirt and now he loves you? Wonwoo, that doesn't make sense", Seungcheol's voice got a little louder, his words desperately trying to get through my deluded mind.

I thought he was joking or something, seriously.

"Hyung, it's not like he behaved like an because he hated me. It was because he wanted me to fall out of love since he thought I'd be happier then", I explained, chuckling: "He just wanted to be a good friend and help me out. Doesn't he almost seem like a  hero?"

Seungcheol furrowed his eyebrows in disbelief, maybe even disgust after having processed my words.

"You're saying putting you through pain made him a hero? Wonwoo, that's not something Mingyu should be proud of! He hurt you on purpose!", Seungcheol argued but I didn't have it, didn't understand his sudden worries. To me, everything he was saying sounded absurd and aggravating, really.

"Maybe you've forgotten who made him hurt me like that but I'd like to remind you that you're that person", I hissed, hating how Seungcheol put Mingyu down and doubted his sincerity when it came to his feelings for me: "So stop butting into our business when you've already ruined our friendship once just because of your stupid advices."

"But I'm only trying to help right now!", Seungcheol insisted: "Wonwoo, please don't be so stupid to just believe everything Mingyu is saying. I don't know why, but he's lying, so just be careful."

He made me mad.

"What the do you want, Hyung? You know, I've been so unhappy these last few months, mostly because of you giving out stupid advices, and now when I finally enjoy my life you want to upset me again?", I snapped at him: "And you even accuse Mingyu of doing such ugly things when he's just making me happy? You disgust me right now, honestly. I can't believe you would even think about Mingyu like that, but apparently you're a bit different than what I always thought a leader should be like. It's like you want me to suffer."

Seungcheol closed his eyes, sighing deeply, preparing himself to answer me. But I didn't want to hear him anymore, frustrated and angry because of his words.

"I don't even care if you're right or not, seriously. I'm finally getting treated right and I don't plan on getting my happiness taken away by your stupid assumptions", I yelled at him, letting out a laugh in disbelief: "You better apologize to Mingyu soon because I sure as hell won't forgive you for thinking about him like that."

It was the first and last time Seungcheol tried to talk to me about Mingyu's feelings.

I should've listened to him, though. Even if Seungcheol himself didn't know the reason for Mingyu pretending to have feelings for me, he certainly wasn't wrong when saying I should be careful.

If only I hadn't been so deluded, maybe I would've thought about it all as well.

But I was deluded and so I didn't.

I only stormed off, searched for Mingyu and hugged him tight as soon as I found him, taking his breath away with that sudden impact.

"What's wrong?", he questioned, instantly realizing that I wasn't behaving like I usually would, my cheeks red from anger, my eyes almost tearing up: "Hey, what happened?"

I only shook my head at Mingyu, indicating that I didn't want to talk about it just yet. I had to calm down first, knowing I wouldn't be able to control my actions if I didn't. I was angry and upset and so badly wanted to punch Seungcheol in the face for accusing Mingyu of such dirty actions.

"I love you", I mumbled into Mingyu's chest, instantly feeling better when his arms tightened around me: "And I trust you. Don't ever forget that, okay?"

Mingyu chuckled at me, kissing the top of my head: "Okay, I won't. But tell me what's going on first, alright? Is this about your talk with Seungcheol? What exactly did he say to upset you like that?"

I loved how he was worried about me, smiling almost immediately at his caring words. Or well, maybe I should say the words which sounded like he cared for me.

When in fact, he didn't.

I let go of Mingyu after having calmed down, looking at him with a pout, somehow feeling sorry: "Seungcheol said some nonsense about you not having feelings for me and it's upsetting me because he can't see how sincere you are."

Mingyu's eyes widened at my words.

"Wait, what?", he let out, nervously taking a breath: "What exactly did he tell you?"

I shrugged my shoulders, looking down: "I don't even know. It was just complete bull, but basically he said that there's no way you could like me and that you just want me to be happy and so you're lying to me about your feelings. Yeah, stuff like that."

I looked up again to see Mingyu biting his lip, not answering me at all.

"But it's not the truth, right?", I started,  shaking my head at my own words: "Of course it's not. So, yeah, I snapped at Seungcheol and told him to stop butting into our business."

Mingyu nodded a bit, before he started to smiled at me rather proudly. 

"You did well, Wonwoo", he complimented me, leaning forward and planting a small kiss on my lips: "Thank you for that. I'll go talk to him and explain how wrong he is about everything."

As I've said, I made it all too easy for him. So when he left to talk to Seungcheol, probably lying to him or telling him to stop letting me in on things I shouldn't know about, I only thought he'd explain his feelings and declare his love for me.

It's funny how I sided with Mingyu without a second thought when he was the one lying completely and Seungcheol was the one saying the truth.

I guess it's how deeply I'd fallen. And not only in love, but also into the illusion Mingyu had build up.

But I'll repeat it once again: I was happy. So did it really even matter?
______

A/N: I had my college entrance exam on Monday (well we don't really have that here in Germany but it was tests and interviews and IT WAS SO HARD OMG) and summer has finally come so I've been lacking time to write tbh. Couldn't even answer your comments I'm sorry I'll answer them this time :( 

The chapter is written poorly, way too short and probably frustrating as hell (sorry about that but I thought you should know how ed up Mingyu's actions actually are...)

Well yeah... Thanks for reading. I love you guys a lot!