Masking The Truth

Fanservice

It's ironic, really, how the first person that came to my mind when realizing that Minghao and Junhui had most likely heard our whole conversation, was Mingyu.

In a hurry, I turned my head to look at him, noticing how the color on his face had vanished, leaving him with a pale expression. His mouth was opened slightly, his eyes widened in shock. 

And as I looked back at Minghao and Junhui, both still not saying a word since they were probably too puzzled to do so, I knew that I was the one who had to speak up first.

But my mind was blank and my lips wouldn't allow me to say a single word which is why the room was quiet for a quite a long time.

It was one of the other members who broke the silence first, awkwardly making a joke about us looking like we'd seen a ghost. I didn't even catch who's words those were, but it didn't matter to me anyways. Only Junhui and Minghao mattered anymore, them and how much they actually knew. 

"Wonwoo", Junhui finally said something, but somehow, that made me even more anxious. Slowly, he stood up from the chair he'd been sitting on and walked towards me, an unreadable expression plastered on his face. I was so sure of him yelling at me and hating me for having lied all this time that I was quite shocked is he simply put his arms around my shoulders and hugged me tightly, whispering something in Chinese over and over again.

I couldn't understand him, but judging by the tone of his voice, I knew that he wasn't mad at all. Rather worried, trying to comfort me. 

"Can anyone please speak up already and tell us what is going on? I don't understand a single thing right now", Seungkwan complained, sounding more annoyed than anyone. I wanted to answer him, honestly, but I didn't even know where to start and what exactly to say. 

And so I stayed silent once again.

Junhui, on the other hand, let go of me and turned around to face Seungkwan, telling him to be quiet for a moment, before eyeing Mingyu and frowning at him rather angrily. I didn't have the slightest clue what he was planning to do but as he raised his arm, I closed my eyes, not wanting to see what would come next, jumping a little when hearing the following hitting noise.

For some reason, I wasn't even shocked at that since everything was a complete mess anyways.

As I opened my eyes again and saw Junhui who was ready to throw a second punch at Mingyu, I was about to stand up and stop him, but apparently, Minghao had seen enough as well as he came running to Mingyu's rescue and blocked Junhui from hitting him another time, furiously screaming something in Chinese.

I had no ing idea what was going on, but as I looked around the room and saw everyone's shocked faces, I realized that apparently, nobody did.

"But he deserves it!", Junhui suddenly yelled in Korean, wanting the other members to understand him: "He deserves so much more than this! He's probably been hurting Wonwoo all this time and nobody even knew about it!"

I instantly felt my heart beating faster as those words left his lips and looked at Mingyu who didn't seem to like whatever was going on either. It was strange to see him this nervous, but as I realized how much could go wrong with Minghao and Junhui knowing our secret, I got just as restless as him.

"Oh and Wonwoo-hyung isn't at fault in this situation? If it wasn't for him then Mingyu wouldn't even act like this!", Minghao screamed back, also using Korean to make others hear what was going on. To be honest, his words hurt a lot and I hated how Minghao took Mingyu's side, wanting nothing more than for him to support me.

But he didn't.

"I don't even understand what's going on, but I sure as hell know that Wonwoo-hyung being like this is the cause of the problem!", he snapped, making Junhui scuff in complete disbelief. I was shocked, too, when hearing Minghao talk about me like that, knowing exactly what he meant. Suddenly, I felt like screaming at him, telling him to shut his mouth, but I couldn't.

I was too speechless to even do so.

"Okay, I have no ing idea what's going on but you two have to stop fighting already", Seungcheol said, stepping in between them and pushing them apart: "What has gotten into you guys? Jun, you can't just punch Mingyu like that! What exactly happened here for the two of you to behave like this?"

Junhui just laughed at that.

"Ask Mingyu, he'd love to explain everything", he chuckled, making me gasp. I didn't want Mingyu to tell anyone about our situation and as I looked at him, I noticed just how much he didn't want to talk either.

"Well?", Seungcheol pressed: "Come on guys, this problem can't be that serious, so can someone just tell me the truth already?"

This time, it was Minghao who let out a laugh.

"Oh, believe me, this problem is serious", he commented, making Junhui hiss something in Chinese, probably telling him to shut up.

I looked at Mingyu and realized that he wouldn't open his mouth to answer Seungcheol's question. And since I thought that everything was over for me anyways, I sighed, gathering all my strength to tell everyone what was going on: "They're arguing because they heard Mingyu and my conversation earlier and so they know what's happening. Urm, I don't even know where to start this, but I guess-"

"Stop", Mingyu cut me off, not wanting me to finish my sentence: "I don't think that you guys should or even want to know what's going. There's just something, yeah, conflicting happening but it's our problem and we can solve that by ourselves. Right, Wonwoo-hyung?"

He looked at me with pleading eyes, wanting nothing more but for me to agree with him, to help him out in this desperate situation. Honestly, I should've told the other members, should've disagreed with Mingyu and just gotten it over with.

But I couldn't.

And so I nodded, indirectly telling the others to stop butting into our business. Sure, I noticed how upset some members got, not wanting to believe that we were keeping this fight a secret, but still, I thought it was for the best. Minghao and Junhui knowing about it was enough for us to handle and telling everyone else would just make everything even more complicated, that much I was sure of. 

Seungcheol soon realized that we clearly couldn't talk about the issue and after letting out a long sigh, he told the members to listen to Mingyu and my request and stop asking us about whatever what going on, probably not wanting any tensions to arise in our group.

I was very thankful for that, but apparently, Junhui thought differently.

"No, guys. This isn't right. Wonwoo, you have to tell everyone what's going on, please. You can't solve the problem by yourselves, that just-"

"We can", I interrupted him, feeling bad for not letting him finish since he was actually trying to help me, but I knew that it was the best for the rest of our members to stay in the dark: "We've always solved the problems between us, so this one can be handled too. Don't worry about it."

Junhui clearly didn't understand why I didn't want to tell the others, looking more than upset when realizing that I'd rejected his help just like that. 

"This is so ed up", Minghao laughed at that: "I don't even know everything but from what I've heard, this is way too crazy for you two to handle."

"Minghao, stop it", Mingyu told him, annoyed: "Can you two just do us the favor and forget whatever you heard? We can take care of this ourselves, so just let it go."

Minghao just shrugged his shoulders at him, too pissed to care anymore, while Junhui sighed, clearly not wanting to believe our decision: "This is so wrong. Wonwoo, please, this won't get better if you keep this a secret."

He was right, but I didn't want him to know so.

"Junhui, I'm alright, so don't worry. Mingyu and I are okay, I promise", I lied and faked a small smile, knowing that only Mingyu could see through my facade. But since he probably liked how I handled the situation, I didn't care and just gave my best at showing Junhui that there wasn't a problem, that I was okay. 

He groaned at that, disliking it all.

"I'm gonna get ready for M Countdown. This is getting too annoying", Seokmin suddenly announced, making other members who seemed just as upset as him nod their heads. 

"Yeah, if you can't trust us enough to tell us about your problems, then we'll leave", Soonyoung said, clearly not taking the situation well. As I looked at the other members and saw just how confused and unhappy they were, I suddenly felt guilty for not telling them the truth. But, seriously, I didn't know what else to do since I was convinced that they wouldn't be able to handle me being gay at all.

I didn't want them to start fighting like Minghao and Junhui had, taking sides and getting distraught by the whole issue. Honestly, I couldn't put them through all of that and so I just watched as they left the living room, their facial expressions clearly showing disbelief and anger.

"You're stupid, this is just stupid. Do you honestly believe that everything will be alright if you keep this bottled up?", Junhui yelled at me, before turning towards Mingyu and pointing at him: "And you! I don't even want to talk to you because you're probably one of the worst people I've ever met! I can't believe you've put Wonwoo through this much and still you insist that you guys are okay! Nothing's okay!"

Junhui walked away, completely furious, leaving only Minghao, Mingyu and me in the living room.

"Well", Minghao started talking, letting out an angry laugh: "You guys have been fooling us all this time, haven't you? You've been pretending to be friends when you were nothing like that. I can't even blame you, Mingyu, I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who's in love with me either."

My eyes widened at his words.

"Minghao, it's different", Mingyu only explained, rolling his eyes but wearing a small smile on his lips, clearly liking that Minghao was on his side: "We couldn't tell you guys and can't tell the others because we don't want anyone to fight over this, alright? We're good at pretending to be friends, so just let us be, okay?"

"But he's in love with you, he said so himself! You guys have to stop being close already, that's not a good thing to do when love is involved!", Minghao insisted: "If you guys get some distance from each other, then Wonwoo-hyung can get rid of his ugly feelings and get back to his normal self."

I furrowed my eyebrows at that, not liking how Minghao talked about me as if I was having some kind of disease. It hurt, of course, but most of all, it drove me mad that he wouldn't even try and think about my situation but instead just sided with Mingyu.

It made me think that I was the one at fault.

Without awaiting another answer, Minghao walked away too, probably wanting to calm himself down. And so, once again, it was just Mingyu and me in the living room, both not saying a single word since we were too ashamed and confused to even do so.

It was silent for about five minutes.

"I think we should get ready for M Countdown, as well. Let's just talk to them later", Mingyu was the first one to break the silence, sighing: "You better talk to Junhui-hyung, I'll take care of Minghao."

I nodded at him, but soon, another thought came to my mind.

"What about the other members?", I asked, worried about literally everything. Sure, Minghao and Junhui knowing about our issue was the main problem, but the rest seemed upset and confused too and therefore I thought talking to them once again would be best.

Mingyu shrugged his shoulders at me.

"Just let it go. They'll be mad for a few days, sure, but since they don't know anything concrete they'll forget about it soon. Let's just concentrate on Minghao and Junhui-hyung for now", he explained to me and even if I didn't fully agree with him, I nodded my head at his words.

It was funny, really, how we suddenly made the perfect team when having to solve the new problem we'd created. 

But I liked it.

I liked how we didn't yell at each other but simply discussed everything, knowing how serious the situation was. Even if everything was ed up in basically every way, at the end we still helped each other and I loved everything about it. Somehow, it gave me hope.

And so I smiled as Mingyu left the living room, liking how we'd gotten a bit closer because of this mess, thinking that this was the first step for us to get better.
______

A/N: I think I'm experiencing writer's block because this chapter was written so poorly, I'm mad ugh

I hope you guys at least got the message of their actions because oh god, everything's a total mess. I'm not good at describing big messes, its horrible????!? 

Yeah, sorry for the boring and ugly chapter but thanks for reading it anyways!