YERIM

Perhaps It's Love?

Just like that, Kang Seulgi is now part of Yerim circle. She does not even know how it starts but for sure, Yerim could care less about who she was hanging out with. Perhaps it's just only her feeling like that. Jinsil thought otherwise.

“I don't really like Kang Seulgi, tho,” Jinsil whispered when the ginger head girl goes to the bathroom for a little private time. “Her hair color makes me blind.”

“She has the same hair color as Jimin, Jinsil. How can—”

“Jimin oppa is an exception!” Jinsil crossed her arms, “He looks good on every hair colors.”

Yerim rolled her eyes at Jinsil, “You and your brother complex again.” She sipped on her strawberry milk before adding some wise words to Jinsil, “Just don't let it show too much. Everyone will think you're disgusting. I had enough of hearing it every day, you know. It hurts me a lot.” She stares at Jinsil with concern but the latter brushed it off with a giggle.

“I don’t mind,” Jinsil leaned against the wall with her both hands inside the blazer’s pocket, “as long as Jimin and I are together, I don’t mind about other people opinion.” She added a small, somewhat a bitter smile at the end.

Yerim sighs softly after hearing the words from Jinsil. Before she could speak more, Seulgi walked out from the toilet and joined them shortly after. Yerim decided to speak what is inside her head later when it is just only the two of them.

“Yerim-ah, can I ask you something?” Yerim was taken aback by Seulgi’s sudden question but answered it with a light nod.

“Yeah, sure.”

Seulgi pursed her lip before she tugged on Yerim’s blazer to get her attention, “Are you and Jungkook dating?”

Yerim’s heart skips a beat at the mention of Jungkook’s name and their walks stop abruptly, silence pregnant between the three girls. Yerim stole a glance towards Jinsil, who looked trouble as her too. Then she turned back to Seulgi who was waiting for her answer with her head tilted to her left side. Yerim let out a soft sigh, finally making the decision to come clean.

“It just looks like we were dating,” She said with a soft giggle, “but no. We’re not.” She smiled sadly at Seulgi, and the ginger head smiled back again as she pats her back softly.

“Sorry if the question troubled you.” Seulgi sigh. “Curiosity just kept creeping in me.”

“Don’t worry; I’m not really troubled actually.” Yerim smiled and soon after that, Jinsil pulled her blazer to get her attention. “What is it Jinsil?”

“Jungkook is coming.”

“WHAT?”

“He’s coming our way.”

Before Yerim can ever be ready for the arrival of Jeon Jungkook (after clearing up the dating news from Seulgi), his hands grabbed her free arm and dragging her from Jinsil and Seulgi at once. Both girls were looking at their way, shocked at the sudden appearance of Jungkook and taking away Yerim from them in just one minute.

When the girls were busy staring at the scene, suddenly Jimin came while running in the hallway, panting so hard and it looks like he was chasing someone from the look of his tired face.

“Jeon Jungkook! Aish!” He stopped near to Jinsil and Seulgi when he realized he can never catch the guy at his speed pace. “He just ran away whenever I asked him to do something.” Jimin murmured to himself but loud enough for the girls to hear them.

Seulgi tilted her head as she looks at Jimin, “What does it have to do with Yerim then?” She asked, still confused by the situation that happened earlier. “Yerim they’re not dating, and then what is this?”

Jimin took a deep breath and he looked at Jinsil who seems reluctant to tell Seulgi what is the real deal between Jungkook and Yerim. He sighed softly before turning to Seulgi again while the latter wait for him to answer.

“Actually…”


 

“Jeon Jungkook!” Yerim yells for the umpteenth time, but Jungkook refused to let her hand go. He keeps on dragging her to only God knows where they were heading to. Yerim tumbled a few times and the look on Jungkook face, it was scary. She never saw the look in his eyes so fierce like that.

It was dark and emotionless.

She suddenly feels the pain in her heart, and it hurt so much as her wrist being grabbed by him is starting to get painful.

“Jungkook…” she panted, “…it hurt…” she said in a low tone voice like she was going to cry.

Jungkook’s steps finally stop and Yerim can clearly hear him panting hard. His grip on her wrist loosening slowly, finally releasing her from the pain she was holding back. Jungkook brought his hand up to his face, covering it while letting out a loud groan. He spun around to face Yerim and abruptly pull her into his embrace, causing the girl call out his name out of surprise.

“Jungkook-ah…”

He holds her tighter, burying his face in the crook of her neck, “I’m sorry.” He murmured, his voice vibrated on her skin, “I’m sorry, Yerim.”

Yerim sighed and patted his back softly, “If it’s about earlier, then it’s okay. I forgive you.”

Jungkook refused to lift his head up yet from her shoulder as his action of burying it more makes Yerim wanted to burst in between embarrassment and happiness.

What kind of torture is this?! She thought inside. Jungkook’s arms are still wrapped securely around her, no sign that he is going to let her go anytime.

“It’s not like that,” Jungkook spoke, “I ran away from Jimin and caught you out of the sudden. I’m sorry for that. And I’m sorry for hurting you.”

“You ran away from him?” Yerim wanted to laugh at how cute he was, but she restrained it with a smile while holding the laughter, “Why did you do that?” Jungkook’s embrace was loosening a little, but his arms did not intend to let her go. While still in his embrace, Yerim thought she could die happily already.

“He told me to go to the office room with Kim Yugyeom.” Jungkook said to her as he rested his chin on her shoulder, “I don’t want it. I hate that guy and I ran away before I could get involve with him”

That was unexpected, Yerim thought inside. I thought it was going to be a serious problem, turned it only because of that Yugyeom guy.

“When I saw you in the hallway, I thought I wanted to borrow you for a while.” He giggled at his stupid attempt, “I wanted to talk with you. It soothes me when I hear your voice. I’m sorry for being such a greedy guy.”

Yerim was running out of words to say when she heard those from Jungkook. At this rate, he probably can hear her heartbeat beating crazily inside and the butterflies inside her stomach are fluttering again from those words said by Jungkook. She is getting crazy for Jungkook, who constantly making her crazier day by day that she doesn't know if she is still in her sound mind state or not.

“Hey, Jungkook.” She paused and slowly wrapping her arms around Jungkook after a while. “I like you.”

Jungkook chuckled. “I know that. You confessed didn’t you?”

Yerim laughed softly and hugged him tighter, “But you didn’t give me any reply to my first confession.”

“We agree to do it all over again, didn’t we? I’ll answer when the real times come.”

Yah! How long will you play like this? Please don’t make me wait for too long.” Yerim pouted and Jungkook pinched both her cheeks.

“Until I said those words, let’s just stay like this.”

“Tch, where did those bad guy vibes have gone huh? Jeon Jungkook is actually a soft guy despite his delinquent look.”

I wish he replied to me sooner. Please, Jeon Jungkook. Don’t make me wait for too long.

Yugyeom who was listening to Yerim and Jungkook conversation while he was on his way to the toilet, is shocked to learn the truth about their relationship.

“I never understand these two relationships,” Yugyeom leaned against the wall as he took a peek at them, “I can never understand them. Confession without a reply, yet he is giving her so many hopes.” He talked to himself while looking at the blue sky above him when suddenly a voice coming out of nowhere startled him.

It turned out it was Jinsil, who happened to hear what he was saying.

“Just, don’t get in their way too much.” Jinsil advised him while not looking at his face, “It’s not easy for Yerim to keep up with Jungkook when her confession remained unanswered. That’s why ” Jinsil stops her words midsentence as she takes a step closer to Yugyeom and stares into his eyes.

“That’s why ” she repeated, “don’t mess with them so much.”

There was a silent tension between them before Yugyeom fires back with a finger slap on Jinsil forehead, causing the petite girl to shriek in pain and surprise.

“YAH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!”

Yugyeom laughed at her angry face and leaned over her level, “You’re not in the shoes to give advice like that to me, bro-con girl.”

“What the ?!” Jinsil was about to slap him when Yugyeom grabbed her both hands and pinned her to the wall.

“I don’t need your advice, honestly. But thanks anyway.” He smirked, “And this is my tokens of appreciation for you.” He ends up with giving a light kiss on her lips.

Jinsil collapsed on the ground, shocked and surprised as she touched where he kissed her earlier. Yugyeom left her to return to the classroom, without glancing towards her again.


 

Jungkook returned to the classroom with Yerim just in time before their next class started. Yerim went to her seat but realized Jinsil was not in front of her. She observed the classroom but she was nowhere to be found – but Seulgi is already inside the classroom and Jimin is also present – where the did Jinsil go?

“Where’s Jinsil?” Jungkook who also realized her absence asked the puzzled Yerim as she shakes her head.

“I don’t know.” She mouthed to Jungkook as her eyebrows crooked in thousands of questions. It’s impossible for Jinsil to skip the class, so where could she be?The teacher entered the classroom just before Yerim could go outside again to search for Jinsil. Great, she had to wait for another one hour to find her again.

Jimin who had been staring at his twin sister’s seat across the room was overwhelming ever since he realized she had not come back from the last time they met during his chasing Jungkook around. He could not focus on what the teacher’s teaching at the front, while his mind was filled up with Jinsil whereabout now. Why hadn’t she come back to the classroom? Jimin bites his lip while twirling the pen in his hands. Even though how annoying Jinsil was, she is still his twin sister – his blood-related.

After the last bell rang, Yerim quickly stood up from her seat to search for Jinsil again but was stopped by Jungkook as he grabbed her hand, causing Yerim to turned her body around, looking at Jungkook in curiosity.

“Why are you stopping me?”

“She’ll come back. Believe me.”

“How can you be so sure? We don’t even know-“

“Trust me,” Jungkook cut her off, “she will return. Her stuff are still inside the classroom. She will come back.”

Yerim came back to her sense when Jungkook said that to her and turned to look at Jinsil’s stuff on her desk; yes, the backpack and all her books also stationeries are still here. There’s a chance she will return to the classroom to take them back.

Jungkook is right, Yerim thought inside, she’ll return.

Seulgi who had just finished packing her stuff inside her backpack came to Yerim side and pulled her blazer sleeve slowly to caught her attention. Yerim tilted her head and blink in confusion when Seulgi did that to her.

“She was with me before we return to the classroom and said she needs to go to the toilet for a while so she told me to go first.” Seulgi pulled out her cell phone and scrolled on her Kakao Talk as she pressed on Jinsil’s chat, “But before the class start, she told me to she will not be coming to the last homeroom subject.” She put her cell phone away and continue to talk, “I assume she is still somewhere near the school compound.”

Just right after Seulgi finished talking, Jimin stood up from his seat, causing all three of them turned their attention to him from the loud screeching noise the chair made when Jimin stand. He took his backpack with him and strode out from the classroom, leaving the trio and the rest of his classmates staring back at him in confusion.

Jungkook chuckled at the sight of Jimin’s serious face – that means he must be really worried about Jinsil and probably searching for her right now. You care about her, didn’t you? Stupid Jimin.


 

“She’s always making me worry…” Jimin mumbled to himself while his eyes wandering around the hallway and empty classroom, “Stupid sister! You always made me overwhelm – “ He stops his words when he saw a familiar figure sitting on the bench at the school backyard and groaned loudly as he recognized the figure right away – it was Jinsil of course. “I never thought you can get me this worried.” He mumbled again and ran downstairs to see Jinsil.

“Park Jinsil!”

Jinsil who was sitting quietly on the bench was startled when she saw the least expected person coming to her at the time like this – Park Jimin. She quickly shed away her tears while Jimin coming to her and hide her face from him, causing the twin brother to tilt his head in confusion.

“Oi, why are you hiding?”

“I’m ugly right now. I don’t want to show you my face.”

Jimin chuckled at her statement and sit next to her, “Are you crying?”

Jinsil was reluctant to nod at first, but she nodded at last but still hiding her face from being shown to Jimin. She bites her lip as she recalls back the kiss she had from Yugyeom earlier – it made her sick and angry but sad at the same time. How can she saw her face to Jimin again when her first was stolen from a guy she doesn't even like? Shame on you Jinsil, she thought.

“I’ve seen you crying since we were little. There’s no need to hide it.”

I’m not hiding because of my puffy eyes. It’s because I don’t have the guts to face you.

“Yerim was so worried about you back there. But Jungkook managed to calm her down.” Jimin chuckled as he remembers the scene, “She almost lost her when she can’t find you anywhere.”

I’m sorry Yerim…

Jimin turned to look at Jinsil who would not even sparing a glance at him and begin to piss him off. He groaned loudly and stood up from seating as he moved to her front, forcing her head to turn to him and pushed her forehead. Jinsil cry again when she saw his face and Jimin scratched his head in confusion.

“What the is wrong with you?!”

“I KISSED A GUY!” She finally blurts the words out “AND IT IS NOT YOU! I HATE IT! I HATE MYSELF!”

Jimin’s small eyes become big for a split second, “You kissed a guy?!When?!” He asked, ignoring Jinsil words after that. He is aware of his twin sister obsession towards him and he is not going to make that a big deal. “Wait, that’s not right. WHO IS THAT GUY?” Like any typical older brother, the guy who kissed their sister should be known to them. “WHO IS THAT DAMN GUY WHO HAS THE GUTS TO STEAL YOUR FIRST KISS, PARK JINSIL?!”

 “KIM YUGYEOM!!!!” Jinsil cried even louder when she said Yugyeom’s name aloud.

Jimin was surprised. Like, he was really surprised. He never thought Yugyeom would do that to his twin sister – what the is wrong with that guy? He even messed up with Jungkook. Jimin was wandering around as he stared at his crying sister on the bench, lost in thoughts. Kim Yugyeom, out of all they guys in this school, why it should be him?

“Jinsil-ah!!”

Jinsil turn to the voice source and abruptly being hugged by Yerim who was running towards her. Seulgi and Jungkook tailing behind her and found Jimin were like a lost soul as he stared into the space. Jungkook made his way towards him and wave his hand in front of him, but no response, until he slap the guy on his face – he finally coming back to his sense.

“What’s wrong?” Jungkook asked him like he did not slap him before.

Jimin blinked his small eyes as he stared into Jungkook’s fierce looking eyes before he realized something. He caught Jungkook’s collar and his eyes were looking like it was burning. The next word he said was something Park Jimin will never do, but he will probably do if the matter is serious;

“Jungkook-ah, I have a person to kill after school.”