JUNGKOOK

Perhaps It's Love?

Spring is here again.

And Jeon Jungkook still stuck for a year in this ing school.

Same people, same uniform, same atmosphere. Jungkook got the back seat again this year, but he didn’t get next to the window. Next to him seated the female student he never knows or saw and her hair is red as the dawn sky. Maybe she’s from another class these past two years. Her red hair falls on one shoulder and it blinds him every time he looks at her. It was red, like the dawn sky.

Ah, I want to close my eyes but I can’t.

“…I’m looking forward to the best school year for us seniors this year. Thank you.” The opening speech ended with clapping from the students after the President of Student Council ended his opening ceremony speech. Jungkook stood in the crowd looking at Park Jimin returning to his line in front of him.

“I thought you’d drop the mic.” Jungkook and earned a punch on his shoulder from the petite guy.

“Shut up and don’t say anything!” Park Jimin. The President of Student Council and also Jeon Jungkook best friend. Those two has been around since the first year of high school. The other students have been wondering why Jimin is a friend to a delinquent look guy Jungkook. They are like the opposite of each other.

People just don’t understand how special their friendship is.

 

“About that girl seat next to you-“

“Kim Yerim? What about her?”

Jimin holds his chopsticks on Jungkook’s lip, “Let me finish first.” He dropped the chopsticks and continues to eat his lunch, “What do you think of her?”

Jungkook blinks, “Pardon?”

“Does it sound weird? Yeah, it maybe sounds weird.” Jimin laughed.

“You’re the weird one here,” Jungkook said as he slurps on his soup.

Jimin chewed for a few times before he continues, “I didn’t know she’s a good friend with my twin sister.”

“Jinsil?” Jimin nodded. “She’s an honor student. Her red hair was no joke. And yet, Jinsil told me she is her best friend since the first year.” He laughed again.

Jungkook chews on his rice as he stared at the Student Council President in front of him. Somewhat his eyes look sad and lonely.

“Is that the other way you’re saying she has neglected you and found another person to pour all her girly secret? Is that it?”

“NO! That’s not it –“

Jungkook didn’t laugh at his statement. Jimin didn’t bother to continue also.

Jimin sigh in defeated, “Look, it’s not that I’m jealous of that girl I just-“

“You are jealous of her.”

“What?”

“You have a sister complex, Park Jimin. Just get over with it.”

“What the ? When did I mentioned that I have a sister complex?”

“Your face says it all.”

Jimin’s face flushed red and he put his chopsticks down furiously. “Ah, what the heck.” He grabs on his ginger-blonde hair and buried his face on the table. Jungkook didn’t budge a little from eating his favorite salted kimchi. It’s not that he cares about it either.

“You have something to say, Park Jimin?”

Silence from the other party before Jimin let out the sound of a dying whale.

“I found out my sister like me.”

“…So?”

Jimin paused, the next words he said are “More than a sibling love.”

Silence falls again. This time Jungkook breaks it. “Jesus. No, she didn’t.”

Jimin lifts his head, “Jesus. Yes, she did.” and buried it down back.

Jungkook put his chopstick down. This time, he really stops eating and was interested in the topic. He leans forward and resting both his arms on the lunch table, tapping the President’s head with the unused spoon.

“Oi, Park Jimin. You’re crying?”

“She’s my ing little sister!” Jimin said, half yelling, half whispering.

He snorted “You sound like a brother with a sister complex, you know.”

Jimin sigh in defeat as he lifted his head. “Okay, I admit it. I have a sister complex. And now I know she looks at me like some opposite gender attraction but not her twin brother, how am I supposed to act in front of her?”

“You know Jimin I’m not a romantic consultant you can ask about this,” Jungkook said nonchalantly while crossing his arms.

Jimin sighed. Why does he even bother to tell everything to this guy who never shows humanity or any reaction…

“I’m asking on a rational side.” Jimin said, “Imagine if you have a twin sister and she likes you. What would you do?”

Jungkook went silent for a while before coming up with an answer that deserves a punch.

“ her. End of story.”

And he did. He really received a punch from Park Jimin.


 

“Hey, you still mad?”

“Hell yeah.”

Jungkook scratch the back of his neck, “You know I’m just joking.”

“Joking has its own limits.”

“…I’m sorry.”

The two best friend fall in a deep silence for a while before Jimin turned around and smack Jungkook’s head on his table. It was loud enough for everyone to turn their head around at them. Jungkook stays as he is while his face was on the table and Jimin blew his front hair out of anger.

“That’s hurt.” He said in a monotone, mumbling under the table.

“That’s how it feels when you told me to my own sister.” He whispered.

“…I’m sorry.”

The silence continues but when Jinsil and Yerim step inside the classroom, every eye was fixed on Jinsil. She almost drops her strawberry milk carton on the floor when Jimin walks towards her.

“Oppa.”

“Come with me for a second.”

Jimin took her hand and ran off from the classroom, leaving dumbfounded Yerim standing in front of the class as she look at her best friend was taken away from her.

Now, who’s going to eat lunch with her when Jinsil is not here?

“Kim Yerim!”

There’s Jungkook. His nose was red, Yerim wonders why.

She proceeds to walk to her seat as she put her meat bun and strawberry milk on the table. Jungkook turned his chair to her desk to her surprise and he took out something from his pocket.

“What is this?”

“It’s a ring.”

“Yeah but it’s not mine.”

Jungkook nodded. “I know. It was mine.”

Yerim almost had a heart attack. “What?”

“I’m giving it to you.”

She stared at the metallic black ring on the table and she looks at Jungkook again. She wants to believe it but it just so hard to believe it. But Jungkook was in front of her right now and the metallic ring she’s holding was real. Everything was real; it shouldn’t be some kind of devil’s play didn’t it?

“It’s not a joke, isn’t it?” Yerim holds the metallic ring on her finger as she showed it back to Jungkook.

He raises an eyebrow, “Does it look like a joke to you?”

Yerim shakes her head, “No. It just looks unreal for you opening up to me suddenly.”

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows. “Why? Do I look like a closet freak?”

“It’s not that.” Yerim bites her lip, restraining herself from saying she like him, “You were only talking to Park Jimin the whole time and you didn’t smile like you smile to Park Jimin. But now you’re here talking to and smiling like you did to him and I wonder what did I have done to you.”

Jungkook was still curious. And he didn’t answer that right away. “It’s just because you were interesting.”

I thought about you like that. Yerim ducked her head down.

“About Jimin. We got a fight but things will be alright tomorrow.”

“Why did you fought with him?”

Jungkook didn’t answer the right answer, “Something that pissed him off.” And Yerim didn’t ask him any further.

Silence falls before them again and the class becomes as noisy as they scattering everywhere to their seats when the homeroom teacher made her way into the classroom. Jungkook, as always, putting his head on the desk and closing his eyes when the teacher started talking.

Yerim had seen that too much since the beginning. She’s getting used to it somehow.

“Park Jimin is not in class?” The homeroom teacher, Ms. Kim, asked the whole class who didn’t realize the absence of the Student Council President.

“He was with his twin sister a few minutes ago,” One of the students started.

“I think they got a family problem,” And again.

“To think it like that it’s probably true,” other whispers, and it continues.

Yerim bites her lip as she listens to her classmates saying things about the Park twins. She keeps her rage inside as she clenched her fist tightly, and then she saw Jungkook standing up from his seat as he walked out from the classroom through the back door.

“Jeon Jungkook! Go back to your seat!” Ms.Kim yell, but Jungkook didn’t flinch a little at her high pitch voice.

“Ah, he’s at it again. That delinquent guy.”

“I wish he never attend school. Just being in the same class as him making me wanted to skip.”

STOP! Yerim could only yell that from the bottom of her heart. YOU ALL DIDN’T KNOW JUNGKOOK AT ALL! STOP TREATING HIM LIKE AN OUTCAST! If, if only she had the courage to defend him… She never had one, to begin with.

Jungkook snickered at the words given at him and he turned his body to face the teacher and the whole class.

“What a bother.” His last words, before walking out from the class, before the last homeroom period bell ring.

That’s just how Jeon Jungkook is. He couldn’t care less. And that one thing what everyone is afraid of him.


 

“Oi Park Jimin! I know you’re up there!”

Jungkook yells at the rooftop and a ginger blonde head peeking from above. He smirked at the sight of Jimin and immediately climbed up on the white ladder. He throws his backpack first before landing his buttocks next to the President.

“Everyone is looking for you,” he said while dusting his blazer “you should head back to class. That won’t end the homeroom if you didn’t come back.”

Jimin sigh, “Then what about you?”

“I’m going to skip.”

“Are you kidding me?”

Jungkook shakes his head, “Nope. I wasn’t needed in that class.”

Jimin groaned, “Jungkook, how many times do I have to tell you that-“

Before he could finish his lines, Jungkook pulls the President’s necktie to face him. Their faces were inches away and Jimin looks away from his gaze.

“Just go back, you sis-con bastard!” he pushed him away and before Jimin could stop him, he already has gone from his sight.

Jimin just doesn't understand Jeon Jungkook. He is a friend, but sometimes, he is not. He just doesn’t know what kind of relationship they had since they were freshmen.

“He just way too mysterious for a human…”

Still questioning about Jungkook’s being, he eventually heads back to the classroom and they can finally dismiss the class with the President around.

“Where’s Jinsil?” The cold voice on his neck sending a shiver down his spine as he turned around, it was the red haired girl Kim Yerim. “Where’s Jinsil?” she repeated the question again and Jimin look away from her serious eyes.

“She… went back home.”

A few moment of pause, she let out a sigh “That girl…” She turned around from him without saying anything and like Jungkook did, she also vanished from his sight.