JUNGKOOK

Perhaps It's Love?

It was the start of winter break. Yerim and Jungkook went for a date for the first time in awhile after they officially dating. Aside from thinking about the upcoming Christmas date they already planned, there's also one thing that keeps bothering Yerim ever since the 2nd term ended. 

The university entrance exam.

“Have you decided on what university are you going after graduating?”

Jungkook blinks a few times while sipping on his cola as if the question sounds odd to him. Yerim was waiting for his answer but he kept on staring at her until she rolls her eyes, annoyed.

“You haven't, right?” She sighs, twirling the pen on her fingers while her other hands were tapping on the career sheet on the desk. “Honestly, my head gonna explode just thinking about college.”

“Then don't think about it,” Jungkook said as he took one of the fries from Yerim's food tray. “We're gonna get married anyway. You should put in your career sheet 'be Jeon Jungkook's wife'—OUCH!”

Yerim pulled her boyfriend's ear until he begged for her to let him go. Seriously, even though they have been dating for a month already, Jungkook should have, at least, care about his future. It's quite sad for Yerim to see him falling in his rank during the 2nd term. He could've been in the top 3 students if he takes his study seriously. Where did that smart delinquent guy she liked before has gone? 

“You rank 10th during our last exam and you still haven't learned your lesson?” She sighs as she pulls the career sheet from Jungkook and wrote down the university she chooses to go, “You're going to take entrance exam with me next week.”

Jungkook's eyes widened as he took his career sheet from Yerim's hand. He literally going to himself since Yerim put his first choice is K University, then followed with Y University as the second choice and the last choice is S University. All of the top universities in South Korea, what the heck was his girlfriend thinking?

“Yerim-ah,” His voice sounds as if he going to cry but when Yerim shot him a glare he gulped down his saliva in horror. I'm going to die before I even get to answer the exam. He thought.

“We're going to cram for the entrance exam this week and you're not going anywhere.”


That's the start of Jeon Jungkook one hell of a study week with his teacher Kim Yerim. It was one hell of a week, Jungkook couldn't take it anymore. Every day during the winter week, Yerim would invite him to study together in the school library. Jungkook counted it as a date, as expected of him but study comes first, the date comes second. They will walk home together after that and Jungkook was more than happy even though the next day he knew Yerim will be one hell of a teacher for him.

The morning of the exam, Jungkook almost lost his exam ticket - that made Yerim mad of course. They almost late for the exam because of that but luck has been siding them, they made it on time. Even after the entrance exam ended, he can still feel the chill of Yerim watching him from behind. The horror he had gone through. But, ah, at least he took the same exam with his girlfriend and hoping he could at least, passed and can enroll together with her. What a beautiful world he living in.

“The exam was easier than I thought,” Yerim said as she smiled widely at Jungkook who was walking next to her. “I hope we both get accepted!”

Jungkook can see Yerim intentions when she wrote the top 3 SKY Universities in his career sheet as he saw her wrote the same choice in her sheet. She trusts him, he knew it. Yerim is not that kind of person who pushes someone off their limits. She knows Jungkook has potential to enroll in one of the top universities since he had never ranked below 50. She knew he can do it and hoping he can get into the same university as her too. 

“I hope we will,” He said as he took her hand and wrapped it around his fingers. Yerim's cheeks flushed red as she smiled bashfully without showing it to him.

God, I love her so much.


Jungkook was sitting under the sakura tree at the school backyard alone, looking up at the sky, where the sunlight is brighter and there are not much of snows are falling since it's almost the end of December. Jimin was walking down the hall when he saw Jungkook outside, he quickly ran to him as he yells his name from afar.

It has been a week since he last saw him before the winter break. Jungkook thought Jimin probably missed him so much.

“I heard you guys took the exam for K University,” Jimin giggled when Jungkook's face changes when he mentioned the entrance exam topic. “How was it?”

Jungkook couldn't explain it with words when Jimin asks him. How should he say, he literally ed up? Well, almost literally. He swears he studied hard for it with Yerim. He crams it for one week and he also did so many readings but it was so difficult, unlike high school entrance exam. Probably because it was K University he was talking about right now. He considers himself surviving from the pit of hell if he got accepted into the University.

He threw a fake smile at Jimin, “I did well. Thank you very much.”

Jimin pouted as he faking his surprise expression, “As expected of someone who ranked 3rd during the first term.” He laughed and mumbled quietly, “But how did you got into 10th place is still a mystery.”

“I probably didn't study hard for it. Everyone got their ups and downs sometimes.” He groans loudly and stretched his both arms up in the air, “Well, I guess if I got accepted it must be just merely luck.”

“Man, and we're already in our third year. You should have taken this seriously, Jungkook.” Jimin sounds concern towards his friend and pats his back softly, “Good luck, bro.”

Jungkook stares at his petite friend in curiosity, “Jimin-ah, what university are you planning to enroll?”

“Haven't I told you yet?” He blinked and Jungkook shakes his head. “I'm moving to Busan.”

“What?” Jungkook was surprised, “So you're back to your hometown?”

Jimin nods his head and a soft sigh could be heard escaping through his nostrils, “I decided to follow my dad after the divorce with my mom. Jinsil will follow my mom to Australia.” He looked down at his shoes as if something was bothering him.

“Ah, I heard about this before.” Jungkook scratched the back of his head, “So it's B University then?”

Jimin pursed his lips into a thin line and raised his eyebrows, “I'm going to pursue Bachelor in Law. My dad wants me to become a lawyer.” He said it with a heavy heart but covering it up with a smile, “I'll be taking the exam one week from now.” He hung his head low.

Silence pregnant between the two boys before Jungkook decided to break the silence with a sudden hug. Jimin was surprised, it was unexpected of Jungkook to suddenly be this soft. He laughed then he broke into tears, it was too sudden. All of it - the divorce of his parents, moving to Busan. He always is seen as the dedicated President of the student council who always stood upright but deep inside his heart, no one knows the real Park Jimin. Ah, if only he doesn't have to say goodbye... He already feels so lonely just by Jungkook hugging him.

Everything... everything is not going to be the same.

“Don't forget us,” Jungkook said, he sounds really sad.

Jimin pats his back again and trying to break the sad atmosphere with a little laughter. “I won't. You will forever be my friend, Jungkook-ah.”

“Wow, what is this?” Kim Yugyeom appeared behind them, causing the two boys to turned their heads at him. “For real? Are you sure you're dating Kim Yerim, Jungkook?”

Jungkook sure had enough of Yugyeom. Ever since the dating news broke out in their class, he had been teasing him a lot. He doesn't get it why he did it but he is getting annoyed every day. At this rate, Yugyeom probably the most annoying guy he ever met in his life.

“Yah, stop it,” Jimin stood up and brushing the dust off from his pants. “He's really dating Yerim. You're just jealous.”

“What?” Yugyeom chuckled. “This shortie is something.” He mumbled but loud enough for Jimin to hear him.

“Say what?!”

“Jimin, stop it.” Jungkook stood up as he pats Jimin shoulder to calm him down. Jimin who was at his limit, calming himself with breathing in and out. “Yah, Kim Yugyeom. You should apologize to him.” Jungkook said in a calm tone.

Yugyeom stare at Jungkook and Jimin before he let out a loud sigh. “Ah, these two best friends...” He closed his eyes for a moment and nodded. “Okay, I'll apologize. Hyung-nim, I'm sorry for kissing your twin sister.”

“Sorry my ,” Jimin raised an eyebrow as he let out a chuckle, “Why the sudden formalities? Am I your brother-in-law or something?”

Yugyeom paused as he gazes at Jungkook who had a serious face plastered on his face. He moves his sight to Jimin who was still confused. He sighs, “I guess I should come clean, right?”

 


 

“So did you go on dates after studying?”

They already anticipating the answer from Yerim's mouth and was so excited when she shows her obvious smile. Seulgi and Jinsil couldn't hide it anymore as they already holding hands in excitement when Yerim nodded, and they shrieked in unison.

“I did it as the reward for studying,” Yerim scratched her temples, “To keep him motivated so we can enroll in the same university.”

“You really serious about this, aren't you Yerim?” Jinsil looks at her in admiration. “As expected of a mature Kim Yerim.”

“You guys are really couple goals,” Seulgi pouted while drawing circles on the desk. “I'm so jealous.”

Jinsil headlock the now brown-haired Seulgi and draws her closer, “You won't be jealous if you got yourself a boyfriend, Seul-ya!” She held her hand and stares the cat-like girl right into her eyes, “You can date my brother if you want!”

The words coming out from Jinsil's mouth causing an ultra shock towards both Seulgi and Yerim. It was too shocking for them to hear it from her own mouth— did she just want someone to actually date her brother Park Jimin?! The brother she loves to death and the brother she dear so much?! THAT PARK JIMIN?! It bothers both Yerim and Seulgi — how did Jinsil come up with the idea to let her friend date her brother?

“Jinsil-ah, you can't be serious...” Seulgi knows how Jinsil loves her brother and how she disliked her at first. What's this sudden development?

Jinsil tilted her head to the side, “Why not? Is my brother not good enough for you?” 

Seulgi turned her head to Yerim as if she was asking for a help. Yerim noticed the troubled look on her face and asks her concern to Jinsil. “Jinsil-ah, are you alright?”

“I am, why? Wait. Why are you guys suddenly had this gloomy face? What's wrong?” Confused, Jinsil stares at her two friends, searching for the answers on their faces with uneasiness. 

“Don't you love Jimin anymore?” Yerim pointed out the missing points of their conversation straightforwardly, causing the petite girl taken aback by her sudden question. “We know you love Jimin more than a brother, Jinsil-ah. Did you decided to—”

“I decided to forget about him.” Before Yerim could finish her sentence, Jinsil cut her off. The latter pondered at her when she realized Jinsil was crying Seulgi quickly grabs her hands and Yerim grabs her shoulder, creating the walls so that no one will see her crying.

Seulgi moves her hands to her back, patting it softly, “Jinsil-ah, it must be hard for you.”

“No,” Jinsil whispered, “It's the time for me to move on from him. I can't forever be in love with my own blood-related.”

The atmosphere becomes very sad when Jinsil starts to cry even hard. It must be really hard for her to forget him when she had been in love with him for years now. Deep inside, Yerim was proud of her friend. She probably has come to realize that her love was forbidden and against the rule of nature.

“But I still want Seulgi to become my sister-in-law,” In midst of crying, Jinsil still manages to continue with their supposed to be the current topic. She made Seulgi feels super awkward with her words to the extent she was turning red as a tomato. 

“Oh! You're turning red! Seulgi is shy!” Yerim turns to and the latter hides her face with her hands.

“Stop it, girls!” She yells, causing an abrupt laughter from Yerim and Jinsil. “Jinsil! Why are you suddenly like this? Oh my God! I can't even look at you right now.”

“Just because,” She said as she puts her chin on her hands. “I think my brother is interested in you, that's why.” She winked right after and made the other two girls scream in excitement at how much the twins resembled each other.


Jungkook was standing at the front gate, waiting for Yerim to walk home with him when he saw Jinsil and Seulgi came out together. He looked at them and realized Yerim was not with them. He wondered why did they go home first and decided to stop the girls as he asks Yerim's whereabout.

“Huh? She didn't tell you?” Jinsil looks surprised, so does Seulgi while Jungkook blinked in confusion. 

“What is it? Hurry up and tell me.”

“She had duties in student council after school.” Seulgi said, “Why didn't you know about it?”

“She probably had texted you,” Jinsil motioned her head towards the phone inside his pocket. “Should have checked it before you were panicking over something.” 

Jungkook was dumbfounded and took out his phone immediately. He swears he was an idiot for not checking his phone before jumping to conclusion. Well, thanks to the girls, he finally can sigh in relief. Jinsil and Seulgi took their leave as they watched Jungkook was running back inside with a full speed.

“Yerimie!” He yells soon after he opened the door of the student council room and causing all the members to focus on his sudden appearance. 

Yerim who was also surprised stood up from her seat immediately when she saw Jungkook. “Jeon Jungkook!”

“Are you going home already, Vice prez?” Sungjae asks as Yerim shakes her head. 

“Just a minute,” She walked rather fast to approach Jungkook and took him outside from the council room. She sighs as she stares at her boyfriend and thinking of what to do about him. “What are you doing? Didn't I told you to go home without me today?”

Jungkook smiles apologetically to her as he scratched his head, “I was worried. Sorry, Yerim-ah. I didn't realize you texted me before Jinsil told me about it.”

“So, what brings you here then?” Yerim tilted her head, confused. “You knew that I texted you.”

“I just wanted to help a bit, can I?”

“But you're not part of the council—”

“Yerim-ah! Just let him be!” Both Jungkook and Yerim turned their heads to the voice source and saw smiling Jimin peeking his head from the council room. “He wanted to help right? We only have four people here! More helping hands mean we can go home early!”

Yerim scratched her head as she turned to Jungkook who had already a big smile on his carved on his lip. Ah, it can't be helped right? Yerim sure was swoon by that handsome smile and she eventually agreed to his offer.

“You heard him, right? Let's go inside!” Jungkook took her hand rather quickly as they walked inside the council room together.