JUNGKOOK

Perhaps It's Love?

It turned out Jungkook and Yerim will be the committee members for the upcoming school trip, alongside with other top students from class 1, 2 and 4.

“I thought they will choose Jimin.” Jungkook squirmed on his desk, “Why was I chosen?”

Yerim sigh, “You come in second place for the class ranking. Jimin was on third. I was first. And they only need two people for the committee members. Make sense.” she said as she staples the paperwork stacking on her desk “And also, Park Jimin is the President of Student Council. He can’t be the class representative for the school trip according to the school regulations.” She took another paperwork as she does the same action.

Jungkook lifts up his head, “But you’re the Vice President. Why are you here? ” he asks as he tilts his head while staring at Yerim.

Yerim stop what she was doing, wondering why too, before shaking her head and shrugs “Maybe it’s because the President has lots of works to do than the Vice.”

“I didn’t come to school for this ,” Jungkook mumbled under him breathe.

“And I assured you should pass your job to Jimin and get scolded by the teacher? I won’t be interfering.”

Jungkook was silent for a while before a soft, deep groan escapes his throat “….” And he took the paper works as he begins to search for staple inside his pencil case. Yerim smiled at the sight of Jeon Jungkook finally working on his task after 30 minutes lying his head down on his desk.

She can’t blame him for being lazy. It’s just Jeon Jungkook being himself in his natural habitat.

“Oh, you two haven’t gone home yet?” A familiar face peeks from outside the classroom… at the window to be exact.

Yerim glance at the person who was grinning at her with his teeth shining that could blind her anytime then she averts her eyes from looking at him. “Who are you?”

“Yah! How can you don’t even know your own classmate? Aish, this !” The boy yelled in frustration, much to Yerim annoyance that before she could hit him, Jungkook did it first.

“What are you doing?” The boy yelled again. Jungkook hit his head for the second time. “Yah!”

“Quit with the yelling you bastard!” Jungkook whispers, “You’re distracting her from her work.”

“Oya Jeon Jungkook! That girl doesn’t even know we’re classmates! That hurts my feeling you know.” He said, scratching the back of his neck while looking at Yerim who didn’t care what happen.

Jungkook turned his head over towards Yerim who seems insensitive about what is going on and sigh under his breath before walking out from the classroom as he dragged the boy from her sight. Yerim who had just realized Jungkook has gone from her sight didn’t bother to look for him.

“Not my problem. Not my problem.” She tried to stay calm while stapling the paperwork. “He’s not my problem.” Her hands, however, was shaking.


 

“Yah, why did you drag me here?”

Jungkook releases the boy’s hand as he was breathing heavily. He looked around him and realizes he brought him to the school backyard then chuckled amusedly.

“You’re right. Why did I drag you here?” He crouched on the ground below him, laughing at his own action while the latter was watching him weirdly. “Ah, this is weird. Why did I bring you here? What am I doing?”

The boy shrugs, “I thought you were going to…” he gulped down his saliva while looking at Jungkook nervously, “I thought you were going to punch me… or anything…” His sweats begin to flow from his forehead.

Jungkook stares up at him and laughed amusedly at him, “Yeah you’re right. I was going to punch you for yelling at Yerim.” He stood up immediately as the boy took a step back away from him. “But I think I just lost it. I’m not going to punch you… wait. What’s your name again?”

The boy who had been holding his breath from the dark aura Jungkook gave earlier is finally letting it out with a relief groan. He clears his throat and tried to look calm “Name? Huh, I guess there’s another one who didn’t bother to know his classmates’ name. My name is Yugyeom. Park Yugyeom.”

“Yugyeom huh? Never had heard your name in our class. Perhaps you’re that guy who sits at the very back and always looking at magazines during the break?”

Yugyeom was taken aback by Jungkook’s words “Yah! How did you-“

“My seat was two desks away from you. Ah, no wonder your face is familiar.” Jungkook laughed but Yugyeom seem didn’t go to buy those words from him.

“Jeon Jungkook!”

Both of the boys turned to the voice source. Turned out it was Kim Yerim, all weary looking and breathing heavily when she arrived at the school backyard. Her blazer almost falls from her shoulder and she quickly pulled it up and stood straight up.

“What are you two doing?” She kept her cool face as she walking towards the two boys. “Did you two fight?”

Yugyeom threw his both arms in the air, “Nope. Didn’t touch him even an inch.”

Yerim sigh in relief as she turned to Jungkook, “You’re running away, didn’t you?”

It was silent for a while before Jungkook clicks his tongue, “She’s fast.” He mumbled under his breath.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing.” Jungkook quickly reply. “Let’s go back inside.”

“There’s no need. I’ve finished all the work.”

“We still need to send to the teacher’s room.”

Jungkook took Yerim by her arm and quickly dragging her back inside again. Yugyeom was watching them and it amuses him somewhat watching the two people together and how Jungkook was flustered when he teases Yerim earlier.

“It can’t be that… right?”


 

“Thank you for helping me out, you two.” Ms. Kim takes the paperwork from both Yerim and Jungkook. “I know it’s not something related to being a committee member, sorry.”

“It’s okay, teacher.” Yerim glance at Jungkook who hadn’t said a word since they entered the teacher’s room. She pinched his arm and he hissed in pain, “Say something!” she whispers.

Jungkook turned his head and bowed to Ms. Kim.

“I’m happy seeing you’re participating in the school program, Jeon Jungkook.” Ms. Kim said as she gives Jungkook a pat on his arm. “You can go home now. Thank you again.”

Both of them bowed to the teacher and exited the teacher’s room with a relieved sigh.

“Wanna go somewhere after this?” Yerim shook her head as she walks in advance before Jungkook.

“I’m going straight home.”

Jungkook clicked his tongue, “You’re no fun.”

Yerim chuckled, “I’m a boring and plain girl. I know that very well.”

“I didn’t you say you were boring and plain.” Jungkook tilted his head while looking at Yerim. They stop from walking and he stared at her. So does her.

“I know myself well, Jeon Jungkook. Everyone says that I was boring and plain. Even my ex-boyfriends, they dumped me for that reason.” She proceeds to walk again but he stops her by grabbing her arm. Yerim’s heart skip a beat for a moment he touched her as she restrained herself from blushing “W-what are you doing?”

“You’re not going straight home today.”

Before Yerim could even ask more, Jungkook had dragged her out from the school gate to somewhere that would be their only gateway after a hectic day of school.

“Arcade?”

Yerim stares at the Street Fighter gameplay in front of her and looks at Jungkook again. “You tell me to play this, right?”

Jungkook nodded.

“But, why?”

Jungkook shrugs as his hands furiously moving on the buttons while his eyes were focusing on whatever on the screen. Yerim sighs and turned to her from Jungkook as she takes a seat next to him. He did not move a little when she did that, but he stops from moving his hands as he reached for her hand, causing the girl to pull her hand off of him.

“Yah! Who gives you permission to touch?!” Even though Yerim was mad, a little bit of happiness could be seen from the blushing on her face. Who would not be surprised if the person you like grabbing your hand out of the blue?

Thank goodness she did not pass out.

Jungkook groans but he did not say anything as he reached for her hand again and place it on the machine button. Yerim stared at him like he was crazy and he rolled his eyes at her.

“I want you to play.”

“But I don’t know –“’

He hushed her down by placing his palm over , “Just push the button and end the game.” He pulled off his palm from , revealing Yerim shock and almost died face but then Jungkook acted like it was nothing.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY?! Yerim almost yells it out on his face. But thanks to the power of love, she did not.

“If you ask me then I’ll be playing.” She said confidently as she started to push every button on the machine. “I’ll beat your high score! You just watch Jeon Jungkook!” she mumbled under her breath, loud enough for Jungkook to laugh it off.

20 minutes into the game, Yerim didn’t beat his high score or she even wins once.

“Looks like I’m still on first place, Miss No.100” Jungkook laughed.

Yerim sends a glare at him and stand up immediately “I’m going home.”

“Yah! I still want to play –“

“It’s almost curfew. I had to go home before eight.” She takes her backpack and slides it on her shoulder, “You can play them all by yourself.”

Jungkook stares at Yerim who already walking her way to exit the arcade. He stands up from his seat, catching up to Yerim who almost lost his sight then he grabbed her arm, causing the girl to turn her head around with a start.

“Jungkook!” her eyes were filled with questions.

He let his hand off from her arm and slides it into his pocket, “I’ll walk you home.”

Yerim tilts her head in a puzzle, “It’s okay though. My house is not that far –“

“I’ll walk you home!” He raises his voice abruptly and made Yerim jolted by his loudness. “It’s already late and it’s my fault if you got scolded for coming home late.” He lifted his head up; finally brave enough to look at her eyes “I’ll take the responsibility and apologize.”

Yerim heart skips a beat for a fleeting moment when she heard Jungkook’s words. It has not passed her curfew yet. He did not have to walk her home or even apologize to her father later. But he insists on doing so anyway. Yerim clutch on her backpack strap tightly and give a light nods at the latter. She leads their way towards the neighborhood she living at while Jungkook was walking behind her at a slow pace, a wide gap between them was formed.

“You don't have to go this far, Jeon Jungkook.” Yerim said in a matter to break the ice between them “Your home is in the other direction, right?”

There is a pause before Jungkook give her a chuckle as a response “How did you know?”

“W-well! I sort of guessing... I guess...” Yerim flustered when Jungkook asks her back. That was a surprise comeback I didn't expect, she thought.

Jungkook did not say anything after that and neither Yerim has anything to say to him. They walked in the silence of the night and only their shoe step sounds could be heard. Jungkook held his breath before exhaling it softly while looking up at the starry sky. He was starstruck and unconsciously saying his thought out loud,

“Beautiful.” He said.

“Did you say something?” Yerim spun around and saw Jungkook was looking up at the sky.

“The sky. It's so beautiful tonight.” He answered, mesmerized by the stars.

Yerim giggled then she stared at the view above her, “Are you interested in astronomy, Jungkook? That was surprising for a scary-looking guy like you.”

Jungkook nodded then he stared down at the sky and now his eyes were on her, “Does it matter if I have a weird taste on something I like?”

Yerim pursed her lip, “Well, if it's that what you like, I guess it's okay? Everyone has weird taste on something they like. We don't have to look on opinion on something like that.” Yerim said as if she was talking about herself. She likes Jungkook and it is so weird because everyone is scared of him.

She is weird for having a weird taste on guys.

“So if I say I like astronomy, that does not mean I'm weird right?”

Yerim shakes her head, “You're not weird Jungkook. But, maybe I'm the weird one though.” she mumbled the last word.

Jungkook paused. Yerim is waiting for the next word or question that might come out from his mouth. It is a rare opportunity to have someone you like walking you home and talking about a topic such as astronomy these days. Yerim is one hell of a lucky high school girl tonight and the next thing that come did not even cross her mind. She was too happy and excited.

“Because I like you...”

It just happens so fast.