YERIM

Perhaps It's Love?

“Yah, next time I’ll get a room for you two.” Namjoon shakes his head as his fingers busy calculating the money on his hands. “Youngsters nowadays should control their raging hormones a bit. Aigoo.”

Jungkook and Yerim excused themselves after getting a lecture from Namjoon for good 5 minutes after the older one caught them kissing in his restaurant – he almost made the ramen tray fell from his grip.

The newly formed couple walked side by side, and the awkward tension is back at it again. Despite the cold weather, Yerim and Jungkook can feel anything but the heat between them. Jungkook stole a glance on Yerim who was busy warming herself with blowing her breath on her palm. Ah, when you’re in love – anything your partner did is cute. Jungkook smiled at the thought and he slowly closing the distance between them by grabbing her shoulder and pulled her closer to his body.

 

Yerim was quite surprised at his sudden action and her cheeks are hurt from smiling since earlier. Jungkook’s body is warm, and the coldness she felt has no longer lingering around her. She wanted to spend more time with him today. She doesn’t want to go home yet.

But Jeon Jungkook being Jeon Jungkook again – he sent her off and here they are in front of her house.

Well, he knew I had a curfew. She is thankful for Jungkook being considerate.

“I’ll be going now.” Jungkook smile really melts her heart and Yerim couldn’t help but smile back at him.

“Take care.” She said while waving at him and Jungkook waved back as he slowly walking from her and turned his back around, leaving Yerim standing there watching him disappearing from her sight.

 

Yerim took a deep breath before she walked into her house when her phone ringing suddenly, revealing Jungkook’s name on the screen.

“What is it?” She laughed soon after she answered the call “Do you miss me already?”

“I miss you, Kim Yerim,” Jungkook said as if he was whining over the line. Yerim found it really cute of him.

“It’s barely five minutes since you sent me home, Jungkook.” Yerim closed her bedroom door and threw herself on the bed. Jungkook was laughing at the other line as Yerim lips slowly forming a smile at how cute his laugh was.

“Alright, alright,” Jungkook sigh, “see you tomorrow.”

“Okay.” She turned to lie down on her stomach, “Good night.”

“Good night.” He replied back. But the line has not been disconnected yet and Jungkook chuckled. “Why are you not hanging up?”

“You hang up first.”

“No, you hang up.”

“No. You – “ Yerim blew a raspberry knowing that it will take forever if they keep behaving like this. “Okay, I’ll hang up first.”

“Wait!” Jungkook shouted, “I want to hear your voice more.”

Yerim swears she wanted to punch the wall right now. How can Jeon Jungkook – the delinquent looking guy who always gives the vibes of danger around him – can be this soft and fluffy when he’s in love? Yerim is falling for him more and more, she can’t stop.

“What? You seated next to me Jeon Jungkook. You can hear my voice tomorrow at school, okay? I’m hanging up, bye!”

“Yah Kim Yerim! –“

She pushed the red button before Jungkook could continue his words. Yerim was expecting he would call her back, but the expected call is never coming back and it makes her unusually sad.

 Ah, how silly love can make you do this thing? Telling each other good night and bickering over who should hang up first and later wait for the call again – Yerim doesn't know herself anymore.

“Love really can change a person, did it?” Yerim whisper to herself as Jungkook confession keep replaying in her mind.


“Yah Kim Yerim!” Jinsil and Seulgi came to Yerim’s desk when the duo saw her walking into the classroom with a bright smile. “Did you win a lottery last night?”

Yerim blinked in surprise and shakes her head “What’s wrong?”

“Aish, this girl.” Jinsil crossed her arms across her chest, “You were smiling like a crazy person since morning. You think I won’t notice?”

“Jinsil is right. Did something happen yesterday?” Seulgi tilted her head while looking at the red haired girl in a puzzle.

“Yesterday…” Yerim tried to remember what happened yesterday and whatever that comes to her mind is only:

Jeon Jungkook

Kiss

Confess

Her cheeks are instantly heating up with the thought of Jeon Jungkook in her head. Jinsil and Seulgi stared at the bright-red face of Kim Yerim and quickly exchanging glances with each other as they finally learn the truth behind the flustered face she made.

“Yah, Kim Yerim…” Jinsil pulled the chair next to Yerim as Seulgi seated in front of her, “Did you and Jeon Jungkook…”

“Dating?” Seulgi and Jinsil completed the question in unison. Their eyes were fixed on Yerim who was still flustered and completely wordless to say anything.

“Yes, you’re right.” Suddenly a familiar voice came from behind. “We are dating.” Seulgi and Yerim gasped at the sudden confession from Jeon Jungkook himself when he arrived.

“Oh my God!!!” The girls shrieked soon after that and it made the whole class noisy with their high-pitched voices. “Congrats Yerim-ah!!”

Yerim hung her head low to hide her embarrassment and her already red as tomato face from everyone. Ah, she doesn’t know where to look at anymore. Jungkook is seating next to her like usual but it’s not usual anymore.

It’s different now. Yerim is happy to think that her love is finally mutual with Jungkook.

“Yah, congrats you two.” Jimin came over to Jungkook’s desk as he patted the latter’s back. “I thought Vice Prez will be forever crushing on you.”

“Shut up.” the usual Kim Yerim – the cool Kim Yerim – is back.

Jungkook pinched his girlfriend’s cheek when he saw the grumpiness of her is back. Yerim cheeks are heating up again from his touch.

“Oi, stop flirting in front of me! You’re making me jealous.” Jimin pouted when he saw what Jungkook did to Yerim.

Jungkook clicked his tongue at the petite guy, “Do it with your sister then.”

“What the dude?”

“Okay, I’m sorry.” Jungkook bowed to him after he made an eye contact with the scary looking Park Jimin for a second. “What about Kang Seulgi? She’s pretty –“

“What did you say?” Yerim was fast to hear his voice and Jungkook bowed to her. “Did you say someone is pretty?”

“I’m sorry. You’re more pretty Kim Yerim. You’re cute and pretty in my eyes.”

Yerim wanted to burst into laughter when Jungkook bowed and said those words so fast like he was putting his life on the line. Ah, it hurts her heart seeing him being so kind to her. Why do people scare of this guy because of his look outside when he was so soft inside?

She patted his head and ruffled his jet black hair, making him look up at her instantly. Their eyes locked with each other for a moment, as if everything around them were non-existent. He was staring deep into her eyes and moving to her lip – her pink fluffy lip that he always craved for. He tastes it so many times but he wanted more.

Oyaaa I think I need to make a wall for them. It’s getting on my nerve, this couple. Aigoo…aigoo..”

The couple broke their stars soon after they realized Jimin is still there, watching them locking their eyes together and almost kissing in front of him. Jungkook seated properly on his chair again while covering his face with the red scarf wrapped around his neck and Yerim turned her head to the window – hiding their red faces from each other. It’s funny though. Love can make you feel the time has stopped for a moment before you come back to reality again. Yerim smiled at her own thought as she looked at the falling snow outside.

“It’s snowing…” she whispered, loud enough for Jungkook to hear her and turned his head to her. He grabbed her hand suddenly, almost made Yerim shrieks at the abrupt action of him.

“Jungkook…”

“Let’s just stay like this for a while.” He gives her an assuring smile as interlacing their fingers together.

It surprised Yerim at how his big his hand feels around her small hand as if it was a perfect match for each other. The warmness from his hands, she can feel it spreading to her whole body and she can no longer feel the cold weather.

It feels good. It feels so good to be mutually in love.

On the other side of the classroom, Kim Yugyeom was watching them from afar. His eyes were glued on the couple ever since he saw them flirting from the start. He turned his head from them and sighs softly. There goes his chance of winning the heart of the cool Kim Yerim. He was playing hard to get anyway and only approaching her when he saw Jungkook as a threat to him. He always had the chance – and he blew it up. He deserved it anyway.