Swim

Gardenia

Tzuyu avoided looking at Miss Sana the next day, luckily they had a quiz- which Tzuyu was never more than happy to take since she wouldn't need to glance up and the only contact with Miss Sana being when she handed her the quiz at the end of class. She left, heaving a long sigh of relief as she made her way to her next class. At lunch it was Mina who couldn't meet her eye and only spoke to her once to cancel their study date for the afternoon and talked Chaeyoung's ear off for the rest of lunch. Tzuyu was disappointed, she really wanted to speak to Mina to make sure that there really was no issue with their feelings. Maybe she'd go over on the weekend but she wasn't sure she could risk seeing Miss Sana on the weekend.

 

So Tzuyu found herself spending Friday night alone watching Netflix and eating more of her secret junk food.

 

On Saturday the cleaning lady came and Tzuyu decided that it would be best to do her laundry. Doing laundry didn't take much of her time of course so she decided to study Japanese while she passed the time. Much later in the day she received a call from Jihyo.

 

“Hey, Chaeyoung's older sister is throwing a barbecue.”

 

Tzuyu closed her textbook, “Is that an invite?”

 

“Duh.” Was all Jihyo said, “See you around six, oh and bring a bathing suite, it's pretty hot out.”

 

“Sure, I'll be there.”

 

Tzuyu was excited now to have something to do. Jungyeon, Chaeyoung's older sister, was pretty cool and an actress so she lived in a nice house with a large backyard. Tzuyu had only been there twice and it had been fun so she couldn't wait to eat some good food and swim.

 

It took 20 minutes by taxi to get to the Yoo house and she could hear Jihyo and Dahyun yelling at each other from the backyard. Not wanting to be rude and just right in, she rang the doorbell, waiting patiently for the door to open.

 

She gasped when she was met by the sight of Miss Sana in a bathing suite.

 

“Tzuyu!” Miss Sana greeted warmly, as she usually did, “You made it!”

 

Tzuyu nodded stiffly, gripping the straps of her backpack like she did in school tightly.

 

“Come in, everyone's out back.”

 

Tzuyu hesitantly walked in, trying not to stare at Miss Sana's bikini covered body. Never in her wildest dreams did she think she would see such a site. She stared, instead, at the ground as she walked beside her to the back where she heard everyone's voices.

 

“Tzuyu!” The group greeted her as she walking into the patio. She looked up and waved and was immediately wrapped into the arms of Nayeon, Jungyeon's girlfriends arms.


“Aw my little Tzuyu, you made it!”

 

“She's taller than you babe.” Jungyeon laughed as she came and pulled Nayeon away from her.

 

Nayeon pouted, “I don't care.”

 

“You can change in any of the bathrooms or rooms Tzuyu,” Jungyeon said, ignoring her whiny girlfriend, “And there's plenty of food, so help yourself.”

 

“Thanks,” Tzuyu nodded in her head and turned to walk back inside.

 

She felt a little more self-concious with Miss Sana being there and her hands shook as she tied the straps of her bikini. She timidly walked back outside and shrieked as she was immediately scooped into someones arms. The laugh in her ear told her it was Jungyeon and she had little time to brace herself as she was thrown into the pool. The water was cold and it helped wash away all her anxiety over Miss Sana as she came back up. Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Jihyo were laughing, while Mina she finally noticed, was smiling. She looked up to see Nayeon scolding Jungyeon and Miss Sana hiding a her giggles behind her hand. Tzuyu quickly looked away and splashed Dahyun with some water, starting on a game of chicken.

 

Being the tallest, Tzuyu was the bottom as she held Chaeyoung on her shoulders versus Jihyo and Dahyun. Eventually Miss Sana, Nayeon, and Jungyeon joined in. Tzuyu found herself forgetting about her crush as she cheered on Chaeyoung to take them all out.

 

Jungyeon and Nayeon managed to win so they moved on to other pool games, and Tzuyu felt a bit hungry so she hopped out and toweled off so she could eat.

 

“I'll warm you up some food.” Tzuyu froze as Miss Sana rested a hand on her back gently before heading toward the food. She stiffly toweled off and joined her by the food, silently, she pointed out what food she wanted.

 

She awkwardly felt like a little kid as she sat down and Miss Sana set her plate in front of her. She also took a seat beside her which made it hard for Tzuyu to eat.

 

“So did you're parents drop you off?” Miss Sana asked as Tzuyu ate.

 

Tzuyu shook her head as she ate, “My mom's in America and my dad's in China. I took a taxi.”

 

“Oh, they left you here alone?” She asked concerned.

 

“Well my parents are divorced so my dad lives in China and my mom always goes on business trips so I'm used to it.” She shrugged.

 

“And you don't have any siblings?”

 

Tzuyu shook her head again and continued to eat her food.

 

“Do you get lonely?”

 

Tzuyu looked up to see Miss Sana looking at her intensely, almost making her choke on her food.

 

“Sometimes but like I said, I'm used to it.” She whispered.

 

“You know you can always come stay with us.” Miss Sana gently grabbed her hand and squeezed it, “I'm sure Mina wouldn't mind sharing her room with you for a couple nights.”

 

“T-t-thank you. I'll think about it.”

 

“Good, I'm going to go back in. Remember you have to wait fifteen minutes before you can come back in.” She smiled over at her and winked as she walked back toward the pool.

 

Despite the weather beginning to cool off, Tzuyu felt as if she was sitting in the hottest dessert.