Home?

Gardenia

Tzuyu couldn't seem to fall asleep.

She knew it had everything to do with the fact that she was sleeping over at her teachers house. Her teacher who she very much had a crush on. Just one bedroom away. Several quick steps. One wall. There.

And she lay right next to a deeply asleep Mina, on her bed that thankfully was big enough for the both of them. After going home to grab some of her things, they'd returned to the Minatozaki/Myoui household and said their goodnights. Tzuyu had felt awkward brushing her teeth in their bathroom and walking around in her pajamas. She'd never really slept over anywhere before so it was a new experience navigating her way around. 

Her brain didn't allow her sleep as she fantasied about sneaking out of the room and into Miss Sana's room. She buried her face into the pillow to try to erase the images in her head. She wouldn't be able to survive days, forget about weeks, if she couldn't go to sleep. She contemplated ways to make excuses to return home. Sleeping home alone was something she was used to and at least she'd be able to fall asleep quickly. 

She tried thinking about anything else that could possibly distract her and eventually fell asleep reciting the alphabet. 

~*~

Things were weirder when she awoke.

Mina was an early riser and was missing when she finally opened her eyes. She could smell breakfast from the cracked open door. Before she made her way out there she visited the bathroom, rubbing her eyes tiredly. Despite staying up late thinking about Miss Sana, they must have let her sleep in; as she wasn't as tired as she should have been. 

When she made it to the kitchen, Mina was dressed and eating breakfast, her eyes glued to the TV. Miss Sana seemed to still be in her own pajamas, cotton pink shorts and white tee shirt, watching equally enthralled with a cup of what she assumed held coffee.

"Good morning." Tzuyu greeted, stepping towards them awkwardly.

"Morning." Mina muttered while Miss Sana turned with a bright smile, "Good morning Tzuyu! Hungry?" 

Tzuyu nodded her head enthusiastically, taking a seat next to Mina as Miss Sana began to serve her.

"What are you guys watching?" Tzuyu eyed the TV which had captured their intense attention. 

"It's a Japanese cartoon that plays on Sunday's." Miss Sana explained, "I used to watch it as a kid and so did Mina. We like watching it because it reminds us of home." 

"Oh." Tzuyu replied blankly looking at the animation. She was surprised to find that she could actually understand some of it. "I guess my tutoring lessons are really working." She said, her eyes flickering to look at Mina.

"Must be your amazing tutor." She responded, her eyes still on the screen.

Miss Sana and Tzuyu laughed, "Actually Tzuyu, this show is really good to watch when learning Japanese. Truthfully, I made Mina start watching because I didn't want her to forget Japanese. There are times when I forget and thanks to this show I was able to bring my skill back up to fluent." She admitted with a slight blush Tzuyu found incredibly adorable.

"Well since I'll be staying for a while, I guess I can watch with you guys." Tzuyu said as Miss Sana placed a plate full of food in front of her.

Miss Sana nodded, "Of course. We'll make sure to wake you in time. By the way, how was your first night? Mina didn't kick you off or anything right?" 

Tzuyu laughed, "No, everything was fine. It was just a little weird not sleeping on my own bed so I had a hard time falling asleep." 

"You'll get used to it I suppose." She winked as she got to washing dishes.

"Maybe you should sleep on Aunt Sana's bed. It's bigger and way more comfortable then mine." Mina said as the show turned to commercial. 

Tzuyu began to choke on the bacon piece she was eating. 

Mina lightly patted her back as Miss Sana looked at her with concern, "Sorry." She weakly croaked, holding up the bacon, "Must have gone down the wrong way." 

Tzuyu knew things were going to well, she hadn't stuttered or made a fool of herself during her conversation with Miss Sana, it was only a matter of time before she had. Somehow she'd have to make Mina pay for almost giving her a heart attack. 

~*~

Tzuyu somehow found herself sandwiched between Mina and Miss Sana watching movies all day. Occasionally, Miss Sana would get up to do a bit of laundry but then she'd bounce back down beside Tzuyu. Each time she sat back down beside her, she'd sit closer and closer beside her and soon enough Tzuyu had no idea what movie they were watching. Her focus was on the heat radiating off of Miss Sana's arms from where they touched Tzuyu's.  

Her smell was also intoxicating. She wasn't sure what type of body mist or perfume she wore but it mad her smell amazing. It was driving Tzuyu insane. 

Sometime during the marathon, Mina fell asleep. Her head landed right on Tzuyu's shoulder, prompting Miss Sana to giggle and Tzuyu to freeze. 

She was even more shocked to find Miss Sana's face so close, Tzuyu could feel her breath on her cheek as she whispered, "Lets slip away and let her nap."

Tzuyu nodded carefully, taking shaky breaths from being in such close proximity to Miss Sana. 

Miss Sana stood first and helped Tzuyu to stand out from underneath Mina's sleeping body. Miss Sana's hands guided Mina down gently on the sofa before taking Tzuyu's hand, bringing one single finger to her lips, "Shh", and taking them out of the living room.

Meanwhile, Tzuyu was freaking out because she was holding Miss Sana's hand. The moment she'd been waiting for her entire life. She was a complete mess inside as they went to the kitchen, Miss Sana giggling. 

"She's so adorable when she sleeps, I never have it in me to wake her up." Miss Sana whispered.

She released her hold on Tzuyu's hand and she instantly saddened.

"What to help me with dinner?" Miss Sana was already tying her hair up in a ponytail as Tzuyu tried to control the shaking in her hands. 

She nodded numbly and went to put her own hair up. 

When she returned there were already vegetables and pans scattered around the counters. 

"You can start cutting those." Miss Sana, pointed towards some carrots.

They fell into an easy routine as Tzuyu cut and washed and Miss Sana stirred and seasoned. Besides a few awkward instances where Tzuyu worked her way around Miss Sana, she found that they made a good team. Like it was natural for them to work together.

She quickly shook her head to clear all the ridiculous domestic fantasies coming to her as she snuck looks at Miss Sana.

"Dinner is just about done," Miss Sana said as she tasted the soup she'd made, "Why don't you go wake Mina?" 

Tzuyu followed her words and woke Mina up. They ate while Mina whined about letting her nap for so long. 

It was weird for Tzuyu. Sitting with Mina and Miss Sana made her feel like she was apart of a family. She'd never really realized she hadn't had a meal with her own family since she was six. She mostly ate alone and eating with her mother never really counted when she was typing away at her laptop or in the middle of heated arguments on the phone. But with Mina and Miss Sana, she was smiling and laughing and included.

She felt at home.