Sleep Over?

Gardenia

Tzuyu somehow found herself following Mina home the rest of the week.

 

When the weekend came around, Tzuyu spent the day with the girls shopping or at the movies. By Saturday night, Tzuyu found herself at Mina's place once again, with all the girls this time. Although the girls gathered in Mina's room watching a movie Tzuyu couldn't help but think of excuses to going out to the kitchen in hopes of running into Miss Sana. By the time Miss Sana called them for dinner, Tzuyu practically ran.

 

The girls were a bit more awkward around Miss Sana then Tzuyu, which was relieving, she wouldn't be so suspicious.

 

It was in the middle of dinner when Tzuyu's phone rang.

 

“Oh, it's my mom. Excuse me.” Tzuyu hadn't heard from her mother since Wednesday so she eagerly picked up the phone. Answering before she was even out of the room.

 

She sits down on Mina's bed as her mothers voice greets her.

 

“Tzuyu, how are you?” She says coolly.

 

“Fine. I'm at a friends house having dinner.” She explains.

 

“Eating healthy?”

 

Tzuyu thinks about the pizza Miss Sana had hand made, “Yes, of course.”

 

“Good. I wanted to call and tell you that things are going better then the company expected here in the states. In fact, they've asked me to stay longer.” She says carefully.

 

Tzuyu's voice drops to a whisper, “How long?”

 

“Just a month.” Her mother responds.

 

Tzuyu is disappointed at the news, although she loved the freedom of going over to Mina's house and eating whatever she wants, she missed her mom terribly. “Alright.”

 

“You'll be fine right? If you want, you could stay with your friend, the chubby one what's her name?”

 

“She's not chubby anymore mom,” Tzuyu rolls her eye's, “And Jihyo doesn't have that much space. I'll be fine at home by myself.”

 

“It's up to you,” Her mom replies, “Well, I have to go, I have a meeting in a few hours that I have to be up for. Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight.” Tzuyu hangs the phone up and jumps in surprise at the sight of Miss Sana in the doorway. She can hear the other girls laughing in the other room.

 

“Is everything all right?” Miss Sana asks, her face written with concern.

 

“Yes.” Tzuyu lies, “My mom will be staying in the states for a month. So I'll have the house all to myself, I might throw a party.” She jokes dryly.

 

Miss Sana purses her lips and moves closer to put a hand on her shoulder, “You don't sound fine. Why don't you stay here until your mother comes back. I'm not sure I feel comfortable with you staying all alone for an entire month.”

 

Tzuyu balls her fists and stands they're standing so close now, just a hair from touching , “I'm not a little girl Miss Sana.” Her eye's don't waver from her teachers, who stares back at her with wide-eyed shock.

 

They stay for a long moment that has Tzuyu wondering until Miss Sana steps back, “I know.” She says, sounding breathless, “But that doesn't mean I don't worry. Come on, your food is getting cold.” She says before she leaves the room without turning back and Tzuyu immediately falls back on the bed, covering her face.

 

“I can't believe I just did that.” She groans before standing up and calming herself enough to head back to the others.

 

Tzuyu avoids Miss Sana's eye from then on, focusing more on her friends and the food. They don't suspect a thing of course.

 

They return to Mina's room after dinner to watch a movie and Tzuyu hugs a pillow tightly as she recalls how close she had been from Miss Sana and how one small move forward would have brought their lips together. She was glad the room was dark and her reddening cheeks were not visible.

 

When the movie was over the girls began saying their goodbye's as they headed for the door.

 

“Tzuyu could you stay for a moment.” Miss Sana called out before she could leave.

 

“Oooh, Tzuyu's in trouble.” Dahyun teased as Jihyo pushed her out the door.

 

Tzuyu waved her friends goodbye alongside Mina before she turned to Miss Sana nervously.

 

“Mina, I hope you don't mind if I ask Tzuyu to stay with us for a while.” Miss Sana says calmly.

 

Tzuyu freezes while Mina looks at her curiously as she nods slowly, “Of course I wouldn't mind.”

 

“Tzuyu, I know you're more then capable of taking care of yourself but I would feel much better if you would stay here with us until your mother returns.”

 

Tzuyu bit her lip in thought, staying would give her more time with Miss Sana but at the same time she didn't know how to act when she was around her. A month near her would be hazardous to her health. But if they somehow got closer…

 

Tzuyu nodded, “Okay.”

 

Miss Sana smiled brightly, “Perfect! We should go pick up some of your things. Good thing its the weekend so you can get adjusted and not be disoriented on Monday for school.”

 

“I'll go clear some space for you in my room while you go get some clothes.” Mina said, smiling widely, Tzuyu hadn't expected her to be so happy about the situation.

 

“Let's go.” Miss Sana said, grabbing her keys.