"A+"

Gardenia

Tzuyu stared blankly at the paper on her desk.



She must be dreaming. Truly this couldn't be real life.



Quickly rubbing her eyes, she was stunned to see the answer still the same.
 


A big "A+" was marked on the test sheet she had turned in hurriedly last week.
 


She quickly looked up at Miss Sana, who despite being on the other side of the room, smiled at her proudly. Tzuyu's heart swelled and she glanced down at the paper with her very own smile. It wasn't the first "A+" she'd received, (she got those practically every test), but it was by far her proudest achievement.
 


After class she rushed out and quickly searched for Mina.
 


Spotting her walking with Chaeyoung, she quickly headed her way and engulfed her in a hug.
 


"Unnie! Look I got an A+!!" She said proudly, holding out the paper when she let her go. "Thank you so much."
 


Mina beamed with pride as she looked at the paper, "I knew you could do it Tzuyu."
 


"Way to go Chewy." Chaeyoung congratulated. "I can't believe you had any struggles to begin with."
 


Tzuyu blushed, "This means we'll have to study together more, if that's alright?"
 


Mina smiled gently, "Of course, my Korean and Mandarin grades are doing well thanks to your help."
 


"Ah see," Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around both girls, dragging them both down to her height, "I knew you two would be good friends by studying together. Though I'm a bit jealous you two spend so much time together." She pouted.
 


"I'll take you out to dinner later then." Tzuyu suggested.
 


Chaeyoung nodded at the offer and the three headed off to their next class.



Both Mina and Tzuyu were silent as they studied, Mina having already explained the concept of the assignment before the two concentrated on the work.

 


After writing a whole paragraph in Japanese, Tzuyu began to ponder if she should address the elephant in the room.
 


They still hadn't discussed their impromptu make out session and they hadn't discussed their feelings for one another either.
 


She still wasn't sure exactly if she felt anything romantically for Mina, she was beautiful but she was a complete contrast to her aunt. Mina was someone who Tzuyu should be interested, someone her age, sure but she was far from her style.
 


Tzuyus thoughts spiraled in a thought tornado and by the time Mina called out to her softly she wasn't sure what to do with herself.
 


"Tzuyu, are you okay?"
 


"Hmm," Tzuyu looked up, "oh, um yes, sorry I just got lost in thought."
 


Mina chuckled, "You must do that often."
 


"Huh?"
 


"Aunt Sana says you always get a spaced out look on your face during class. She says she's always tempted to call you out but she doesn't want to embarrass you." Mina clarified. "It must be a bad habit."
 


Tzuyu gave her a weak smile, she hadn't thought Miss Sana would pay that much of attention to her to notice. It made her worry if she perhaps looked ridiculous when she spaced out thinking of Miss Sana.
 


She held back a groan as Mina began to fiddle with her hands.
 


"Truthfully," she softly spoke, "I've been wanting to talk to you a-about that thing.... but I've been a bit nervous."
 


Tzuyu pushed thoughts of Miss Sana away to pay attention to Mina, the cause for her spacing out this time.
 


"I have also." She replied.
 


"Y-you see, it's just, I," Minas voice drastically lowered, Tzuyu had no idea that was even possible to talk at such a low volume, "I don't have any romantic feelings for you." She blushed.
 


"What?" Tzuyu wasn't sure if she had heard clearly with how low she had said it.
 


"I don't have any feelings for you." Mina said a bit louder. "Sorry."
 


"Oh." Was all Tzuyu could say.
 


She wasn't sure exactly what she had expected. It's not like they had known each other long enough for either one of them to develope any feelings.
 


"I'm sorry I don't return your feelings." Minas voice wobbled as she spoke.
 


Tzuyus eyes widened, "My what?"
 


"Your feelings... With how you kissed me... And Aunt Sana said you had a crush on someone and she thought maybe it was me... Oh my god, you don't have a crush on me do you?"
 


Tzuyu shook her head.
 


She was too shocked to process.
 


"Oh I'm so embarrassed." Mina buried her face in her hands, "I'm sorry for assuming."
 


"It-its okay." Tzuyu finally managed to find her voice, "I was actually hoping that we could sort out whatever awkwardness we had after the kiss."
 


"I must have made it worse by avoiding you. I'm sorry." Minas face was red and Tzuyu felt sorry for not clearing things up earlier.
 


"Don't worry about it. Let's just get back to the awkward study buddies phase." Tzuyu tried moving on from the awkward conversation.
 


"Okay." Mina nodded, "Sorry."
 


Tzuyu gave her a small smile and returned to her essay.
 


"By the way," Mina said back to her regular volume tone, "who do you have a crush on, if you don't mind me asking. My aunt was persistent on it being me but since it's not I'm quite curious."
 


Tzuyu blushed and ducked her head, "She's older then us, I don't think you'd know her.” She lied.

 

“Oh,” Mina said, nodding, “Okay, well I hope things work out between you too.”

 

 

Later, Tzuyu met up with Chaeyoung for their promised dinner. The shorter girl wasted no time pestering her about the study session with Mina and Tzuyu suspected that her friend had developed a crush on the older girl.

 

When she arrived to her empty home she made sure to take a photo of her test to send to her mother, receiving an “as expected” from her, before she went to bed.

 

 

A/N: Wow sorry for such a late update. Tbh I lost interest and inspiration for this story for a while and I have been thinking of just stopping to write another SaTzu idea I have but I managed to write this today and I know a lot of you have been waiting. I'll try my best to not take an entire month to update again. >.<