She's Back!!

Who Do I Really Love?

 

Baek Hyun's POV:

Hi I'm Baek Hyun and I am a successful doctor in Seoul Hospital. I am now 22-years old.

I was watching the news today when I saw Hyun Jung on television again. I turned the volume up so that I knew what the reporters were saying about her. It seemed like she was spotted in an airport. I was trying to figure out what country she was this time. The last time I heard about her she was in Italy promoting her new art collection. So I listened carefully to the reporters explanation. I was shocked to hear that she came back to Korea. I actually spit my coffee out all over the floor. I didn't even think of cleaning that up. I was just so glad she was back. Maybe I could get her as my girlfriend now.

It was true, I had been thinking about asking her out ever since I broke up with Pulip. Yea I know, going after my ex's best friend is wrong but I did the same thing when I asked Pulip out too. I knew Hyun Jung liked me, I mean who didn't? She was always calling me seobang and sticking on to me like a wad of gum. She was a friend yes, but I knew nothing about her really. It was embarrassing having her treat me as her boyfriend because I was interested in Pulip at the time. I admit that I asked Pulip out at the wrong time but she accepted my offer as well so I'm not the only bad guy.

Chan Doo and Bong Goo haven't talked to us since Pulip and I have been going out. At first I thought Chan Doo was mad because I took the girl he liked, but later I realized that he was furious because I had basically been a coward. He said that I didn't have the courage to ask Pulip out in front of Hyun Jung. He asked me if I ever thought about Hyun Jung's feelings. And truthfully I hadn't because I was thinking about myself. Bong Goo even said that he was disappointed in me and I said some hurtful things to him back then. Ever since then, they haven't talked me or Pulip. It has been 4 years since we've talked to each other at all. The only person I can call a friend is Pulip since we broke up one year ago. She and I had decided to break up because our "love" had run out. So now we are just friends.

After watching the news, I cleaned up my mess and got ready to sleep. In bed I thought of many questions. How had Hyun Jung been doing? Had she thought about me at all? Did she know that I went out with Pulip? Does she still like me? Did she find friends who could replace us? Did she find someone to replace ME? While thinking of these disturbing thoughts, I fell asleep.

 

Pulip's POV:

Hi, Pulip here. I own Moonlight Cafe in Seoul. It's a nice name right? I thought of this name after seeing Hyun Jung's painting. I had seen her work on television one day while I was in the process of creating my cafe. When I saw her art work, I fell in love with it. It had a peaceful but lonely feeling. The canvas was dark blue with streaks of navy blue across the skies. There was a road leading to the woods. The trees were painted in black. There was a girl walking towards the woods in the picture. There were stars in the sky and there was a bright full moon. The moon stuck out the most. It was like the moon was guiding the girl to her new future. So after seeing this painting, I named my cafe.

When my cafe closed down for the day, I was cleaning up the tables and floor while watching the news. I saw Hyun Jung on the news so I stopped cleaning to watch what she was doing now. Watching the news was the only way to find out what Hyun Jung had been doing. I lost contact with her and so had Baek Hyun. I didn't even know if Chan Doo and Bong Goo kept in touch with her because we had stopped talking to each other as well. They both were angry at me and Baek Hyun because we had decided to go out. I admit that I was being a lousy friend but I didn't want to regret not going out with him just because Hyun Jung liked him.

Anyway, it's not like our relationship lasted. We went out for 3 years and decided to break up. We had a lovely relationship but there was no dynamic. All we did was go on a few dates a week and soon that turned into less because of Baek Hyun's busy schedule. Then I also had my cafe to run. It was a bad time for us to be going on dates. That's what I thought, but really, the feelings we had before were not there anymore. He and I could tell that our relationship wasn't going to last and so we mutually agreed to break up. I had also found a liking to the manager of my cafe. His name is Lee Joon and we get along pretty well. However, I don't know what he thinks about me so I am just keeping my feelings at bay for now.

I finished cleaning my cafe and locked the door as I left. I went home and went to sleep.

 

Chan Doo's POV:

I had a long day today. I was worried that Hyun Jung was going to get hurt while coming to Korea. Yes I know that security was great and all but this is Hyun Jung I am talking about. She is such a clumsy girl sometimes. When I heard the news saying she was spotted at the airport I was glad. I was supposed to go get her but I had to go practice dancing with my team. We were back-up dancers for many famous people. We worked under YG Family however, because it was simply amazing getting to have fun while we were on stage.

I had been messaging and calling Hyun Jung ever since she left for France. She was my best friend and I had to make sure she was living well and adapting to a new environment. That was my reason at first. Plus, I had to inform her about Baek Hyun and Pulip's relationship and how Bong Goo and I were doing. When I first told her, she broke down crying and asking me why Baek Hyun couldn't like her. I had thought the same thing because I was upset that he took Pulip as well. But when Hyun Jung asked me if I was alright I was shocked. I didn't understand how she knew I was on the verge of crying as well. I hid my feelings well and so did Hyun Jung (when she was in front of Baek Hyun and Pulip). Hyun Jung told me that my voice gave me away. I never realized that Hyun Jung could tell when I was sad. After that incident, I just called her to talk to her and to hear her voice. I enjoyed our conversations and I realized that both she and I were getting more mature. The bitterness we held towards Baek Hyun and Pulip was gone but we just couldn't bring it in ourselves to talk to them. Maybe it was just awkward now.

During the time she was gone, I thought more about my feelings towards Pulip as well. I realized that my feelings for Pulip had been erased after she accepted Baek Hyun's offer of being his girlfriend. I also noticed that I looked forward to talking to Hyun Jung. I was brighter when I talked to her and I also thought about Hyun Jung every night. Did I want to be more than friends with her? The answer that I came up with shocked me. I wanted her to be MY girlfriend. Not Baek Hyun's or anyone else's. However, I knew that Hyun Jung was not ready for a relationship after everything so I waited. I am going to wait as long as I have to because I don't want to make her uncomfortable. I got ready for bed and went to sleep with a smile on my face thinking of when Hyun Jung, Bong Goo, and his girlfriend could hang out.

 

Bong Goo's POV:

Hi, I'm Bong Goo and I am a veterinarian working at the Seoul Animal Hospital. I enjoy taking care of the animals and so does my girlfriend Joo Yeon. She is a beautiful girl who makes me smile and laugh. After Hyun Jung left and Chan Doo and I stopped talking to Baek Hyun and Pulip, I had become more depressed. I was more quiet than before and I couldn't smile unless I was with Chan Doo. It was hard and my parents saw this as well. I didn't eat as much (which is a good thing for me) and I spent my time studying harder than before. The only thing running in my mind was to become a vet. I kept thinking that it was the only way that everything would be better. When I became I vet, I met Joo Yeon. She helped me and I was more open. I smiled more and started enjoying life again. Chan Doo and my parents noticed as well and we were all happy.

When Chan Doo told me that Hyun Jung came back, I was happy. It was what I had always wanted. My friend was back in Korea. She had come back after 4 long years. My girlfriend knew that I was happy and so she was happy. I really do have a great girlfriend. I'm glad I met her. And Hyun Jung knows about her as well since Chan Doo always updates her on our lives. I knew that she knew about Baek Hyun and Pulip but other than that, none of us actually knew what was going on with those two anymore. We just stopped talking and left it at that. Hopefully, we will all meet again and become friends. Even though I was disappointed in them for their cowardly actions, and hurt at what Baek Hyun and said to me, I wanted to talk over everything and make things better once again.

I went to sleep that night thinking of what was to come.

 

No One's POV:

Fate was going to bring everyone back together once again.

"Do you think it would be a good idea to hold a reunion for the past Byung Man High School students Soojung Sem?" the professor asked.

"Of course it is! I miss my students and it would be good for them to see Kang Suk Ho Byunhosanim again. Don't you think?" Soojung Sem asked.

"You and your husband are going to be the end of me. I don't even know why he chose you over me."

"That's because he did. Anyway, stop being bitter and sent the invitation to all the past students!"

"Alright, alright. Jeez, you're so bossy sometimes." And with that, the professor sent the emails to all the past students from Byung Man High School.