You've Got Mail (2)

Who Do I Really Love?

The same day:

Baek Hyun decided to drop by Moonlight Cafe while he was on his lunch break. When he got there he saw Pulip setting up all of the coffee machines and putting the baked goods of the day into the display cabinets. 

BH: *cough* Kil Pulip!

PL: Omo! Yah~! You scared me!! *her hand is on her heart*

BH: *laughing* Ahaha you should have seen your face. It was so funny!

PL: Aish...what do you want?!

BH: Yah is that how you treat your customers?

PL: No *grumbing* What would you like to order?

BH: I would like a regular coffee. Black. And a chicken pesto panini.

PL: That will be $7.54

BH: *hands her the money* So do you have a break right now? I just want to catch up with you while I'm here. 

PL: Yea. Hold on a minute. Just go sit down and I'll bring you your food.

BH: Okay.

~15 minutes later~

PL: Here you go. Your coffee and your panini.

BH: Gomawo. So how have you been?

PL: Ehh you know the usual. Busy when there are a lot of people here and not busy when there aren't as many people here. How about you Mr. Doctor?

BH: *laughs* I'm doing well right now. It's challenging and tiring but I like helping the people so I have no complaints. Really, all this studying has paid off.

PL: Yea it has...*sighs* 

There was a moment of awkward silence.

BH: *ahem* so did you see the knews about Hyun Jung?

PL: Yea. She came to Korea is what I heard. Did you see her?

BH: No. I haven't even heard from her since she left. I didn't even know she was in France until I heard about a painter named Na Hyun Jung from one of my colleagues.

PL: Mwo? You mean you never bothered to contact her?

BH: No I did. But she never replied to my emails. So I just thought she didn't want to talk to me. I don't even know if Chandoo and Bong Goo talk to Hyun Jung.

PL: They do. I saw an interview of Hyun Jung's...she was talking about her two good friends in Korea. And I know she isn't talking about me or you.

BH: *getting depressed* Yea....I know. But hey, let's get off this depressing topic. So did you check your email lately?

PL: Oh?? No I didn't have the time to check my email. Why? Did something come to you?

BH: Eung. From our high school. Apparently they are having a reunion. Do you want to go with me?

PL: With you? Why?

BH: It's better than going alone Pulip-ah. Don't think too much about it. I just don't want to be lonely while I'm there. And if I happen to bump into the others alone I feel like it will be really awkward. You know?

PL: You're right...sure I'll go with you. Anyway I need to go back to work now. A lot of customers come in at this time.

BH: Yea and I have to go back to work in the hospital. Thanks for the food. It was really good by the way.

PL: Yea no problem. Call me about the plans for the reunion.

BH: Sure. Bye.

PL: Bye.

Baek Hyun's Thoughts:

Wow. That was pretty awkward. Really...she is the only one I can call a friend now and it's so awkward between us. Maybe going out with her was a bad idea. But whenever I talk to her it seems like we just get more distant with each other. Really..it's not like I'm the bad guy here. Pulip shouldn't be treating me this way since she agreed to be my girlfriend at first. It can't be just my fault that no one wants to talk to us. Maybe I really should apologize for everything. But will anyone listen to me? Do they even care about my opinions anymore? My colleagues tell me that I am so smart but I really could care less now. I don't have a reason to be happy. I don't have a girlfriend. I don't have friends. I don't even have my grandma. Pshh...I might be a successful doctor but in no way is my personal life a success. If anything, my life is a total mess. 

Well at least I have the reunion to look forward to. I wonder if Hyun Jung is going to be there? Probably not. I mean it seems like she hasn't been checking her email. So I probably won't be seeing her or any of the others. Why did I do something that I regret so much now?

Pulip's Thoughts:

Baek Hyun-ah...I'm sorry. But I feel like we should just go our separate ways now. I understand that we are friends but really...everything is awkward between  us after we broke up. You didn't really expect us to be all happy being friends after being in a relationship for 3 years, did you? *sigh* It probably looks like I am pushing you away and I guess I am. I don't know why but when I look at you I get angry. I just want to blame you for making me lose my best friend. It's because of you I lost her. It's because of you...

Narrator's POV:

But Pulip knew better than anyone that it was her fault. Because she wanted to take the chance. Because she wanted to see what it was like being in a relationship with Baek Hyun. It's not his fault that he came to like her and it definitely wasn't his fault that she chose him. But Pulip didn't want to come to terms with how she lost her friend. And Baek Hyun just wants for everything to be forgiven and forgotten.

Will everything ever go back to normal??